Senior Send Off - Class of 2016

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by bravejaf, Dec 24, 2011.

1. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Jul 13, 2009
    I figured it would be a good idea to recognize key seniors and this year seems like a perfect place to start. This is the first graduating class with no real life players.

Ohio State

DT Will White (97) - He had at least 10 sacks in all 4 seasons and owns the team record for Ohio State in that category. I don't see anyone matching his production during my coaching tenure.

FS Ray McKeon (93) - He was a tackling machine in his three seasons as starting free safety. His speed made it difficult to break runs to the outside. He picked off 7 passes in his senior season.

WR Jeremy Powell (90) - He thought about leaving as a junior but came back to win a title as a senior. He was a key component in the BCS Championship victory this season.

TE James Ingram (90) - A very good pass catching TE. He scored 4 receiving touchdowns as a senior.

HB Jason McCafee (90) - Never started but was change of pace back for 3 seasons behind Hyde and O'Connor. Scored 7 touchdowns as a senior.

CB Tommy Casey (89) - Took him 3 seasons to crack the starting CB job but played well once he got the job. He picked off 4 passes as a senior, including a pick six in BCS Championship.

K Casey Day (97) - Four year starter at kicker and he was a great player. He hit 26 of 29 attempts as a senior, including a 60-yard field goal.

RG B.J. Brown (94), RT Jon Dorsey (93), LT Andre Griffin (92) - Provided great pass protection the past few seasons, helping the run game dominate and keeping QB upright.

Overall this is one of the most successful classes in OSU History. The senior group won 3 Big 10 Championships and 2 BCS Titles in the past 4 seasons.