Series 3

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Diddy81, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Series 3

[​IMG]

ASTROS 4 - GIANTS 2

Natural Bourn Killer
    Bourn and Stros get first win against Giants
    Michael Bourn was a Giant killer in AT&T Park. He was 2 for 3 with 3 RBI's. The Giants pitchers could not solve him at the plate. The Astros generated 4 runs on only 6 hits but their patience at the plate also drew 5 walks. Pitcher Brett Myers went 8 innings strong. He started the 9 th bit was chased by a lead off home run by Bengie Molina. Myers recorded the win, Matt Lidstrom took the save. It wasn't easy as the Giants loaded the bases but hit into a double play to end the game.
    Jonathan Sanchez of the Giants took the loss.

W - Myers
    L- Sanchez
    S- Lidstrom​

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Sounds like a good one.. SD what team are you? Phillies banner, I played you as the Giants but you post a Houston victory. I'm so confused, lol

Edit: Ok, I was like damn he gave up on Lincecum already. Wish we could trade players because I would throw some crazy numbers/players at you for that kid, lol.

3. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

I had to play CPU because Hack is moving. So I have to input his stats also that's why.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Dodgers Blast Past Braves 13-5

Dodgers Blast Past Braves 13-5
    The Los Angeles Dodgers pushed across 13 runs off of 18 hits in game 1 against the Braves.

[​IMG]
    Andre Ethier (left) and Manny Ramirez (right) combined for 6 hits,4 runs, 3 HR's, and 6 RBI's.

[​IMG]

The Los Angeles Dodgers were hot in game 1 as they put on a strong showing with 18 hits and 13 runs off of 5 Braves pitchers. Braves Starter Tommy Hanson started out well but ran into some trouble in the 3rd inning. He was unable to recover as the Dodgers put up crooked numbers the next three innings. Dodgers starting pitcher Hiroki Kuroda pitched better than GM Frisk thought he would going 5.1 innings allowing only 1 earned run off of 5 hits. Relieve Jared Weaver pitched the remaining 3.2 innings allowing 3 runs to cross off of 8 hits.

The Los Angeles Dodgers had mutliple players who recorded multiple hits. CF Matt Kemp was 4 for 5 with 3 runs, 1 2B, 1 3B, 2 HR, and 3 RBI as he was awarded player of the game. RF Andre Ethier also performed well going 4-4 with 2 runs, 1 2B, and 2 HR. LF Manny Ramirez added his 6th HR of the season. Catcher Russell Martin was 3 for 4 with 3 runs, 1 2B, 1 3B, and 3 RBI. For the Braves Nate McClouth was 3 for 5 with an RBI and Melky Cabrera was 2 for 4 with 1 run.

The Los Angeles Dodgers (3-2) are still leading the NL West but have the D-Backs, Rockies, and Giants nipping at their heels. The Dodgers will now travel to face the Florida Marlins.

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Nats split with Phillies
    Manager Knight pleased but needed 2 games

[​IMG]
    Marquis records a shutout vs. the Phillies in Game 2

Team 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
    Nationals 1 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 15 0
    Phillies 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 0

Philadelphia, Pa-- The Nationals dropped Game 1 of the 2 game series against the Phillies and sent Jason Marquis to the hill in Game 2. Washington got off to a 1-0 lead in the first inning and proceeded to score 1 in the 2nd and 2 in the 3rd to give Marquis a 4-0 lead. That is all he needed as he pitched 9 innings throwing shutout ball and stifling the Philly hitters with 4 hits. The middle of the lineup would produce for the first time all season as Zimmerman, Dunn, & Willingham would combine to go 6 for 15, 3 runs, RBI. Marquis would also help himself at the plate going 2-4 with an RBI.

The Nationals take on the Astros next series and the Phillies will take on the Dodgers. Hopefully this game will spark the Nationals as they have started very sluggish after an impressive spring.

6. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

[​IMG]
    Happ keeps Nats Bats Quiet in 3-1 Win

Washington, Associated Presser- Phillies pitchers have been dominating early on. JA Happ was delighted to keep it going. The left handed pitcher went 8 innings only allowing 2 hits and one earned run. He also had 8 strikeouts as the visiting Phils beat the Nationals 3-1. Jayson Werth carried the load for the Phils as he had two hits and drove in all 3 runs. Patience at the dish continues to be a problem for the Phils but managed to get key hits when it mattered.

"Good thing is we're not scared to swing the bat. Bad thing is we're not connecting with the ball." Manager JerzeyReign said afterwards.

Happ had a no-hitter going into the fifth and a shutout broken up in the in the 7th inning.

"I was paying attention to either of those things. I was more concerned with helping our team win. I think I've accomphished that today." Happ said with a smile on his face.

Philadelphia returns home to take on these same Nationals as the teams look to finish off their quick two game series.

7. KnightNoles

Nats split with Phillies
    Manager Knight pleased but needed 2 games

[​IMG]
    Marquis records a shutout vs. the Phillies in Game 2

Nationals 1 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 15 0
    Phillies 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 0

Philadelphia, Pa-- The Nationals dropped Game 1 of the 2 game series against the Phillies and sent Jason Marquis to the hill in Game 2. Washington got off to a 1-0 lead in the first inning and proceeded to score 1 in the 2nd and 2 in the 3rd to give Marquis a 4-0 lead. That is all he needed as he pitched 9 innings throwing shutout ball and stifling the Philly hitters with 4 hits. The middle of the lineup would produce for the first time all season as Zimmerman, Dunn, & Willingham would combine to go 6 for 15, 3 runs, RBI. Marquis would also help himself at the plate going 2-4 with an RBI.

The Nationals take on the Astros next series and the Phillies will take on the Braves. Hopefully this game will spark the Nationals as they have started very sluggish after an impressive spring.

8. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Don't worry Noles, you've just sparked my Phillies!! And you also got Moyer thrown off the team for sucking!!!! Starting pitcher gives up 10 hits and 4 runs in only 2.1 innings. Bring in the 'pen and I return to team Shutdown, lol. Flippin Amazing. Good Series. And don't worry, I'm going to make you work to win this East.

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Frisk your missing a run on that scorecard.

10. KnightNoles

Yea, I thought you would throw Moyer off the list.. lol I have had to make myself work at winning the East by starting out so slow..

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Noles I think Strossberg will get called up here soon so you may have him on your live roster soon!

12. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Strasburg will be in the minors until June 1st I believe. It saves the Nats a truckload of money by waiting until then to bring him up. That was the whole reason he was sent down in the first place because it certainly wasn't because he can't pitch in the bigs.

13. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

[​IMG]

Aramis Ramirez leads cubs with his bat. In a really tough fought game between one of the greatest rivalries in baseball the cubs came out on top of this high scoring game. Cubs took an early lead on a 2r hr from Ramirez in the 5th inning. The Cardinals would take the lead in the bottom half with 4 runs being score on 2 hrs and they chased Gorzellany out of the game as up till then he had pitched great recording 9ks over 5. Cubs would call on Berg to come in and slow down the cards and he did his job and got the Win. a 4 run 7th inning was key for the Cubs as the cubs doubled them selves into the lead. With a runner on 2nd and 3rd cubs would walk Pujols in the 8th but Holliday would come up big and the cards would score 2 runs but a baserunning error would cost the cards the game as Marmol would come in and close out the 9th

14. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Twins move to 3-0

Orioles 1 @ Twins 14

[​IMG]

Twins do it big this game hitting 24 times while scoring 14 runs. Morneau & Hardy added two home runs to their resumes. Carl Pavano pitched a brilliant game allowing only 1 run on 6 hits while completing the game. He also struck out 10 batters. The Twins added 6 doubles and 1 triple to the hit parade. Twins look to continue the good start next series against the Cleveland Indians.

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

CA if we play this season I'm throwing at Mauer's head in his first at bat just to give you a heads up. I lost a heartbreaker to that guy online so now I hate him in real life, lol. Good Game by the way.

16. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Do it and I'll hit Howard, Utley and Victorino. Rollins, as well.

17. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Walk On

Brewers 8
    D-Backs 1

Brewers bats looked good as they tallied 17 hits and 8 runs. SP Yovani Gallardo went 8 strong giving up 1 ER. Two wins in a row might be a start to a new season as the Milwaukee Brewers try to rebound from a 0-3 start.

18. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

[​IMG]

Ramirez continues hot streak with 4-5 1 hr 2 rbi and 2 run game Cubs swep cardinals with longball Cubs get the sweep in St Louis. With an 8-4 game. Ramirez is red hot to start the season. He has seemed to hit everything in site. Zambrano picked up his 2nd win on a 6ip 8h 4er 6k game and Marshall finished the game out going 3 innings 1 hit and 5 ks. Cubs look forward to the next series and hope they can stay hot.

19. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

Laser Show in Texas

[​IMG]

Royals 3 0 3 3 0 0 0 2 1 12 22 1
    Rangers 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 2 5 12 1

W-G.Meche
    L-M.Harrison​

Billy Butler got the scoring started early for Kansas City with a 1st inning 3 run home run as the Royals took down the Texas Rangers 12-5 in Arlington,Texas. Alberto Callaspo pitched in at the dish by going 4-5 with an RBI, a double and 4 runs. On the mound Gil Meche was able to scatter 9 hits over 7 innings to pick up the victory. The reborn Scott Podsednik added a steller night at the plate by going 4-6 with 2 runs scored. ​

20. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

[​IMG]

White Sox 2
    Mariners 1

Carlos Quentin and Alex Rios each homered and threw out baserunners in support of SP Gavin Floyd. After the game, Maximus, the White Sox new skipper, had this to say: "I expected power from Quentin and throwing from Rios, certainly not power and throwing from both of them in the same game." Floyd threw 6.2 innings and managed to allow only 1 run on 10 hits. Matt Thornton and Bobby Jenks provided the relief to capture the 2-1 victory over the Mariners.

SP Ryan-Rowland Smith gave the Sox fits. We just were never able to time his fastball, which was made even more frustrating by getting two hits off of Brandon League's 97 MPH heater. Luckily for the good guys, two hanging curves were hit out of spacious Safeco.

21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

22 hits? I can only dream right now for a day like that, lol.

22. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

[​IMG]

Royals walk off vs Rangers
    Troubled Guillen wins it in the 15

Team 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 R H E
    Rangers 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 11 2
    Royals 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 3 13 1

W-B.Thompson
    L-N.Feliez

Player of the game
    R.Ankiel: 2-5,HR,2 RBI,BB,R

15 innings,5 runs,24 hits, 27 strike outs and it all came down to a curve ball in the dirt that got away from the catcher. Billy Butler swung at a Neftali Feliz curve ball in the dirt for strike three, the ball bounced away from catcher Taylor Teagarden. Butler was allowed to reach. This gave the Jose Guillen the opportunity to bat in the bottom of the 15th. He served an offspeed pitch into center and the Royals fans went home celebrating a victory. The Royals bullpen pitched 8 innings of shut out baseball reliever Brad Thompson picked up the win for the Royals. Both team played a very good game. Each team stranded multiple runners in extra innings. ​