Serious discussion needed

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Dec 28, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Ok guys. This 8 in the box, man up, blitz often stuff is getting way out of hand. I know that it was done a lot of 8 in the box to me by our new board member Ox (sorry OX, not calling you out my friend, just stating what I was facing) and I know bruce had a ton of it by gaddy and dicristic or whatever his stupid name is. LOL.

We need a serious discussion on limiting this stuff. Defense is cheesy for probably one of the first times ever in madden.

I never heard anything about the AP franny that was up and running so I guess thats a dead issue.

2. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

3. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I have faced it in almost every game and last game against Bates he had 9 in the box 3 times I got hit before the QB could even hand off on a dive play. It seems like almost everyone is finding their own glitch or lobby cheese and it sux.

4. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

5. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

6. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Your problem boils down to one key element: no one is punishing the offenders.

Yeah, we all bitch about it from time to time. But who is DOING anything about it? Do we not have a board member whose job it is to do these things? Why are there no warnings?

We have a shitty Madden game. If we have to ratchet the rules up, then let's do it. But let's first ENFORCE the rules we already have in place.

Guys should report any violation 24 hours after it happened. I know we say immediate, but guys can get pissy when in the moment of loss. Lord knows I am guilty of that in every loss. I get pissed and get irrational. I know it. That is why I don't call anybody out until after the fact of the loss hitting me. Like when I played Coach KO and the Patriots. I was FUMING when he ran outside on almost every run play he called. I should have won the game subbing as the Bills, honestly. He'll tell you the same. I calmed down, then went to Coach KO and talked calmly about what I saw and how other guys may feel about that. He seemed genuine in his concerns and said he would tone it down in the future. Not sure if that stuck, but we NEED to ENFORCE the rules we have.

I think that is our main issue. I've seen absolutely no warnings given to the people we KNOW are borderline breaking rules. Why?

7. natedawg212000

West has went totally mia. Sorry if this pisses you off west, but you have become deadweight here in the board room. There are afew guys who are dead weight in the board room. I guess its time for a revamp.

8. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I think what you did with coach KO was a very good thing. A few days after that game, he messaged me on aim, and specifically asked me for any critiques about his gameplay, if he did anything considered unsim in our game, etc; I haven't played him since then, I think badabing has, so I hope it stuck with him. But he does seem like a guy who is very amivcible to change

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

EVERYONE needs to be like that. I had a complaint from Coach West about my scrambling with Garrard and rolling out of the pocket with no reason to do so. He was right, and I have corrected that issue.

We all need to critique each other, and if we all respect each other, we should take these critiques with seriousness and open minds.

I admit that I am not the most open minded when it comes to right after a game. But a few hours or a day later, after I have calmed down, I'm open to listening.

That being said, we still need to enforce the rules in place with any and all rule-breakers. No matter who they are.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Nate, if necessary, I can take on the role of "rules Nazi". I am not a recruiter, nor would I want to be. But if we need someone in here to do gameplay warnings and talks, I think I can handle that. I think I have the respect of most of the owners in this league and could be firm, I think. If no one else can/wants to do what needs to be done to clean up gameplay, I can at least try. Right now we have no one doing it and people are getting away with issues.

I don't mind still floating and just helping with this part of the board, if we need it. But if I help in this regard, I need backing from all of you, and would need you all to be open minded if I come calling at one of you. If anyone reports any sort of gameplay issues, I can get with the presidents and either correct the issue or issue warnings.

11. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Winuvas and I had a serious talk about this a few days ago. It has gotten way out of hand. DunLp started this last year and IS the reason he is unbeatable. I had even suggested banning ALL pre-play audibling in regards to changing on player assignments. Alot of us watched the AFC Championship ,Dunlap vs Gaddy last year, and Dunlap was changing 3-4 player assignments every play on defense. He ran some sort of man with blitz EVERY play. Not cool. It would be diffulcult to enforce as we cannot actuall tell when the defense players have their assignments changed other than players moving to different spots after they are set. On offense we cannot hear the QB calling audibles until playclock under :15 seconds I think. BUT, it think if we were to implement this rule, it may not cut it out 100% but guys may be too scared to get caught and just not do it.

What is wrong with calling a play and running that play as called? Now, I still think certain changes like BNR,show blitz,shift DL left or right should be allowed but all these assignment changes are throwing the AI out of whack, PERIOD. You cannot tell me that Dunlap and Dritsch have become unstoppable beacuase they are that much better players than us. They have found loopholes in the game.

If you want to blitz, call a blitz and run as is. If you want to throw a pass,call the play and run as is.

12. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

But if we decide to just handing out warnings, I dont mind being the guy to do it.

EDIT: NVM, I didnt see Winuvas' post about him wanting to do this.

13. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

We talked about switching to AP, but that isn't a logical thing to do. And we ALL saw Dunlap's massive changes over and over again on justin.tv. Anyone who watched it anyway.

I would not mind banning all pre-play audibles that aren't shifts in lines and the like. Anything that isn't a line shift or moving the secondary to press is banned. I would not mind at all.

14. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I am sooo frustrated by the over agressive play on D that it literally made me want to quit. Most games I have played this year I faced 8 guys in the box with a bump on the outside and some sort of blitz coming....Can I do that too? Sure I can...but wont.

So tired of it, and you have to listen to guys brag like it is really some kind of sim football that makes you a super good player. Its a fucking joke and I would kill it if it was a real football sim. I have been hit before I can even hand off, I have been hit before I could even get one read in on a pass.

At this point guys are out of control and have beat the game...congrats...I guess.

15. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Then we have to rear it in by any means necessary. Even if it means booting a lot of players that have been around a long time.

16. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

ok if u want to know what i think about all this BS that people do on defense and warnings/smackin them on the hand

i think for defense people r stackin the box with alot of 3-4 and blitzin about every play that is called which shouldnt happen and they still do it. they stack the box moving LB right on the line just before touchin a linemen which shouldnt happen if u ask me but they still do it.. it stops all the gaps give no chance for a real run or anytime for a linemen to even move if it was a linemen that was pulling to go across the other side to block. guys still do it with no worries and not thinkin they r doing any wrong.. people r just seem to be sooo cheesy and not really understand why they r and it gets old to try and tellthem what they r doing every time u play someone different.

what needs to try and be done is a good thing i got from my other league and would like for u guys to think about it for warnings/strikes against people...

repeatedly holding up the flow of the league, i.e. not getting games played on time
    -ignoring league deadlines
    -circumventing player release rules

1st strike- automatic benching of highest rated defensive player
    2nd strike- automatic benching of highest rated wr or te
    3rd strike- automatic benching of highest rated qb or rb
    4th strike -automatic benching of highest offensive & defensive player
    5th strike- automatic removal from league

i think this may help us out with warnings and people not being afraid of breaking rules

17. CoachWest

CoachWest Walk On

In short.... This game has made our jobs 3x harder than they should be...

18. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Which is why we should be firm when we deal with this. If we look like jackasses, then fine. We look like jackasses. But the fact of the matter is a few owners are making it completely un-sim and, worse, un-fun. Yes, I realize "un-fun" is not a word. :)

In all seriousness, we have to be hard on every rulebreaker to get things back in line. Sorta like what the NFL did mid-season with its fining of "illegal hits to defenseless receivers" and the like. Sure, it seems drastic on the surface. But when you take into account they are holding players to the letter of the rule rather than just being gray about it, it's acceptable.

I don't think that particular crackdown of rules violators hurt the NFL. I don't think us enforcing what rules we have in place now will hurt the OMFL. I just think guys should refrain from reporting someone right away unless it was an egregious violation of rules. Especially in a loss, cool off, calm down a bit, THEN report what you saw. Sometimes a lookback on a game after a little cool off time helps clear the eyes a bit and what may have been cheese then was just a good solid play on hindsight.

The biggest problem I see is with reporting it. No one reports it because they see no benefit to it. They don't see what they view as rules violations punished in any way, shape, or form, so they stop reporting. And the guys who get away with it keep doing it knowing everyone will stay silent.

So we have to encourage reporting of violations, and say what the violations are and how the punishment takes place. Maybe even put it in a public area in a stickied post so everyone can see who, and how many, times they have been talked to. I'm not talking strictly official warnings, either. Any violations should be listed, in my opinion. You put them in a public area, where everyone can see them, and people can not only be on the lookout for these individuals doing these things, but it serves notice that we ARE listening and we ARE trying to clean it up.

19. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The only problem I see with benching of players is depth charts. People will just move the player to #2 on the depth chart and then sub him back in. Unless we force a cut of a player for a game (which would work), I don't see just a benching as working out.

I am open to the idea of that, though. I think though we should limit the force benching to LBs/CB/S on defense and skill position players on offense (WR, QB, TE, HB). Imagine a team having to play with their #2 QB for an important playoff game because of rules violations. That would suck.

You know, the more I add to this reply, the more I like the idea. Rules violations would not only force a warning, but also a cut of their top offensive or defensive guy for 1 game. No cap hit, obviously, but a 1 game "suspension". Repeated violations would cause top offensive AND defensive player to be "suspended", and maybe go beyond that to top 2, top 3. The roster would technically be below our rules, but since they aren't officially off the team, just suspended, they would have to deal with it. The commish could even, in some cases, force sign the worst player at a position if their top player is the only player at that position on the roster just to fill Madden minimums.

What do you guys think? I think this is something we could build on as a real deterrent to consistent exploitation of our rules.

20. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

I like it as well. However, I think the first strike to suspend someone is a little harsh UNLESS the reporting owner has proof of the infraction. In a he said, she said situation, I don't know that we can just take the losing team's word for the infraction. If they have proof OR it is the second such report against an owner, then I think we can start enforcing...

21. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I have long been a supporter of player suspensions for violations, be it rules, scheduling or recaps. The player can be cut from their team in the game no problem, and just be put back on the roster after the suspension is over.

22. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Which brings me to my public display of infractions/issues with owners. That way we know who has been reported, and for what. Then if we see multiple infractions, we can punish.

Just throwing out an idea here: What about instead of warnings, we suspend players? The first offense would get a warning from a board member or some such, but would get filed in a public area. The next infraction would be a suspension of one game of the offending player's team's top offensive or defensive player, their choice. Third infraction would be board member's vote on whether top offensive or defensive player is suspended. Fourth infraction is both top offensive and defensive player suspended. Fifth infraction is boot vote as well as suspensions per fourth infraction (unless player is booted).

Just a rough sketch idea. I suggested board vote on third infraction in case a board member was the offending player's next game (causing a conflict of interest).

23. natedawg212000

I like the discussion. I too think the 1st warning needs to be just that, a warning. The issue about public warnings (not saying we shouldn't do it) is that other owners read it and then they go into the game hyper sensitive about what they read and have their mind made up. So anything even close will follow a complaint.

24. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

Player suspensions is the way to go IMO. I would prefer to have a boot vote sooner honestly - if an owner had 3 instances of the same infraction, it might be time to remove him from the league at that point instead of having it affect more games.

Could we give the opponent the option of which player to suspend? Not based on rating, but personal preference? Or should we keep it impartial and have it just follow a rating system?

25. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Also, another idea (one which I know will not be popular) is one I would actually like as well: punish both owners in a game.

Basically, 1st infraction is a warning. After that, your next game is simmed. No sub, just CPU playing CPU. Now before you poo-poo this....

Think about this: what more powerful deterrent than to punish non-offenders with offenders? Yes, it would suck for the non-offender. But it would accomplish what we want: cleaning up the league. If the punishment affects you, would you not talk to the offending person and tell them to clean their crap up or get out?

Maybe it's too extreme, but I think it is a viable alternative as well.