Serious TCCT Feedback & Suggestion Drop Box

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Vlad, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    You can use this tread if you have any feedback, suggestion or whatever ideas that can improve the TCCT

2. MantisPower

MantisPower Walk On

Im with Dub-ya on the green grids. Hopefully the swing meter will be on as well.

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I would like to see us leave on the caddy option. I noticed during a round on tour settings that the caddie actually makes good suggestions for shot shape around the course, which looks like it may be a critical component to the game this year. The days of hurry up and stick it iron shots are gone IMO , you need to work the ball into the green. In my testing me trying to creat my own flight path to the green was not nearly as effective as taking the caddy suggestions. With the short game & putting being so hard , and the fact our golfers will have an attribute cap , I really really beg you guys to keep caddy option on for the TCCT his year. In addition , wouldn't that "be sim" ? I mean once you get to semi pro golf most guys have caddy right ? Caddy is not putt preview by any means in this years game.
    Just my 0.02$ , also anybody else have freeze up issue wih season pass ? :(

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  4. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Yeah sorry,but that not gonna happen! The caddy definitely NOT gonna happen! The cap atribute MOST likely not going to happen,except for POWER maybe

I have to completely disagree the caddy making the game more sim.If it was done properly,as a tool that gives you information - yes it would be a cool feature. Unfortunately EA went completely overboard and the caddy sets up EVERYTHING for you

Also I know it is tuned down this year,and harder to execute (as draws/fades are harder),but is my opinion setting up and deciding what shot to play is huge part of golf.

Now we understand there will be a transition period,where a lot of our players will find the game much harder then previous years.However if we need to adjust for this, we'll do it trough setting,while leaving the decision and strategy process in gameplay entirely up to the players.

Danthraxxx

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  5. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I agree no Caddie option.... He does make good suggestions but it is more sim creating your own shot options...

6. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Something I have noticed that I don't necessarily agree with is the ability to hit excellent shots out of trouble. For example, I have on multiple occasions, hit drives into fairway bunkers leaving me an additional 200 yards or so to the green. I'm not talking skipping into the bunker I'm talking straight into it - it should be buried. Instead of penalizing the player for a bad tee shot, I'm able to bust out my 2hybrid and rip it all the way to the green. The same can be said of the rough. IMO its probably too easy to hit "good" shots to get yourself out of trouble. In years past, the distance you could get on those type of shots was far less than what you can get now. Now if I hit it into the rough I literally say "no big deal, I'll bail myself out of that easily," and I have, time and time again.

There needs to be a greater risk when attempting some of those shots and a greater penalty for hitting bad shots. I shouldn't be able to routinely hit 200 yards out of a fairway bunker or deep rough - occasionally is fine but I'm doing it way too consistently.

7. Redef

Redef Walk On

If there is an attribute cap, I would like it to be a total sum cap, and not a cap on specific attributes. If you want loads of power, you should sacrifice the other categories. Like if the average for all 5 (or whatever) categories is 80, make the cumulative cap like 50 below that, around 350. Decisions, decisions. Otherwise no cap, and just cap power and accuracy below 97.

8. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

For the most part, the hybrids do add a bit of ease, you almost always have an easy shot to the sweet spot of the ball (without having to manipulate the strike stick). But I do like the fact that you can use the strike stick to get a good hit out of rough or a bad lie in general. Using the strike stick and still maintaining a good swing should reward you. Because it's not exactly easy to keep that strike stick where you want it and make a good swing. Granted, after some practice most of us will get good at it, but in RL some people are better ball strikers than others. That's my 2 cents....

9. MantisPower

MantisPower Walk On

I don't think there should be a cap on attributes. Players who have played the game and earned XP should be rewarded. Players with less XP will obviously have a more challenging road ahead, but isn't that why there is a handicap system in place.

10. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I think there should be a cap on attributes... I dont feel like the people who have the time should have a leg up on people who have a family to take care of and etc... But either way I am totally in for the cc and tour!!!

11. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

After playing some serious rounds through yesterday -- I don't think there should be a cap. I think we can maintain or goals as a league here at TSO, without a cap. With the introduction of the CC's it gives us a chance not only to compete amongst ourselves, but other CC's as well. If we're capping our CAG's we're at a disadvantage. It really doesn't take long, especially if you use XP from TW 12 to build your CAG up to a respecable level. I just got mine built (from scratch since I missed the chance to import my XP) to the point most were saying their imported XP got them too. And I was shooting decent from the outset. Anyway, the point to this ramble is I think the CC addition this year sort of changes the game in my mind.....

12. 2nd2none

2nd2none Walk On

I'm for caddy option off
    uncapped cag
    green grids on
    swing meter (either or)

Whatever is decided. Will the same settings be applied to every tournament for the tour?

13. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

You will NEVER see the caddie option used here. And yes same settings will be used for every tournament.....

PS -- NEVER, EVER, EVER will the caddie be used.....

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Redef

Redef Walk On

I'm in agreement!

15. Noles1724

Noles1724 Walk On

I don't care about any thing other than having the putter meter on. This years version is not like past, hitting greens (at the right place) is the most important aspect of this game, which it should be. with the meter on it sets the likelihood of a two put to a realistic possibility and doesn't make one putts from across the green any more likely.

with the meter on pars are still good scores and doesn't take away from the game/realism of a pro golfer, which is what our golfers are.

With that being said, I'll ride with whatever is decided as I just want to be apart of a good league that lasts longer than a month.

16. Vlad

Featured Threads:

Here is my opinion on this whole thing,which I'll probably take to the meet at where we'll decide what to do
    #1 At TSO we are trying to play sport games as close to real life.We also don't cheese,disrespect our opponents and are thankful for all the hard work done.
    #2 TW still gives way too much posibilities to be turned into arcade
    #3 The easiest way to turn it into arcade is ridiculous power,that turns most of the holes into drive and pitch
    #4 We can not control/monitor what most of the players are doing for most part

If you take this in account I'll propose CAG settings that will give us an average distance off the tee comparable to the PGA standards.And if or when I see the same people going 20-30 yards longer then anyone else,we are going to have a sitdown and a serious talk about why the person in question is in this community,and what are they trying to get from this tour.

17. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Power is the only thing I think needs/deserves a cap. IMHuO

18. MantisPower

MantisPower Walk On

Gotta have the putting meter.

19. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

The PGA Tour average is 285 yards right now which equals about a 50 in the power category, just for reference. The big hitters on Tour right now are at 305 or so. Which is about 85-90 in the power stat... This was done using the Season Ticket Clubs with Stiff Shafts. So for regular shafts and the next most powerful clubs available. You would need a power rating of 95 or so to equal the best hitters on tour, and to match the 316 average Bubba Watson is putting up right now, you would need to have your power at 100 with xtra-stiff shafts and the Season Ticket clubs.

So basically it sounds like the game has taken true PGA Tour distances into account in the way they set up the game. Also, to equal the numbers I quoted above, you need to get the perfect swing tempo, not slow. So on Tour Pro or Tournament, that is not that easy to do and hit it straight.

And if you bump your power up that high, another category needs to be dropped down to give you the points to do it.

Another good question is about spin, as others have pointed out. I never add to my spin, unless I am playing with ball spin available? So we might need to look into forcing people to use some of their spin stats, or they would just use those points somewhere else?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  20. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

Over the next few days I will make a chart using the practice facility that shows the stock distance for your driver at each power level (fro 35 to 100), and also show a few extra columns that take different equipment into account. It should help make the decision process easier.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Redef

Redef Walk On

Assuming you can get better than Slow on your forward swing, which seems to be an issue for most people including me on Tourney/Expert Swing difficulty. I've only been able to get perfect a few times, 95% is SLOW. My distance is greatly affected. Having the power stat capped at 85 would bring my avg drive to like 265 or something.

22. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

I will take tempo (slow swing) out of the equation. I just go to the driving range and look at the bottom of the screen to see how far the driver is rated to go. That way it doesn't take into account swing deviations or course conditions.

23. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

If the option for uncapped CAG's is being put out there, I am of the opinion we need to play on Tourney difficulty with no swing or putting meter to make up for that.

24. Noles1724

Noles1724 Walk On

Is the EA Sports.com Country Club Dashboard the most useless thing or am I missing something. Would think that you could at least see the leader boards of the tourney's and not just the settings.

25. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

If you are looking at the settings, tab over, you can see the leader board.....or maybe I'm missing what you are getting at....