Seriously? New guy making suggestions?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Gyrene76, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

I know, I know...

I've been in this league for about four hours and I'm already making suggestions. Well, they are just that - suggestions for the league.

I only have 3 :p

First of all Kasp is a great commish. I hope he gets a write up like he did in TMFL with his Draft Insider.

1. Slider Difficulty: I beat Miami 42-10 and could have easily put up 60 if I kept my foot on the gas. I had run clock mid-way through the 3rd and mass subs early in the 4th. I noticed that no one had a close game what so ever. Sure, teams like Air Force and SMU were the opponents, but I don't feel like it's possible to lose to the CPU, and that's kind of no fun. I hate CPU cheez, but I like the fact that if I play poorly, and make bad decisions, then I should get beat!
    2. Recruiting: I just read the rules regarding recruiting (after I played my game and recruited :( ) I love the 5 star recruit rule. I think 5 star recruits should be limited to 1-2 a year. That's fair IMO. But the 4 star limit on the smaller schools makes a greater disadvantage to those with already pretty big handicaps. If the smaller schools can nab some big time recruits then let them. With NCAA's 85 scholarships now, we are seeing a much greater parity across teams and "smaller" BCS schools like Louisville and Missouri nabbing 4 and 5 star recruits. The #1 receiver in the nation went to Mizzou. The SEC's new floormat.
    3. Dual Conferences: We have 6 guys in the BIG XII. That's awesome. I suggest that the next 6 guys join another conference like ACC, SEC, PAC 12, or Big East. The reason being, with 12 guys in one conference there are tons of users games - which personally I love. But it's harder to recruit and sustain a group that can do that. The problem with lots of user games is constant scheduling. Hard4Yards was a great league for me, but the amount of user games made it difficult for me to play some of the games. With 6 guys in two different leagues, there will still be 3-4 user games a year and the ability for a fairly quick pace.
    Anyways, these are my suggestions. I'm not trying to be presumptuous, just offer some ideas that I feel may help the league out and get us to 12 - AND KEEP US THERE! Thanks for hearing me out.
    ~Josh

2. Gyrene76

Just to be clear.

In point 3, when I talk about "difficulty in recruiting" I'm referring to recruiting TSO guys, not players in-game.

3. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

1) There are some sliders in effect- but if i make them too different you could nearly be playing two different games (since sliders dont affect user games). Only thing we can really do is play on Heisman- which i am fine with if you guys want.

2) I am thinking about throwing out recruiting restrictions since we restarted (except for staying within your "limit" of course) what do you guys think?

3) We are staying all in one conference, non negotiable.

4. Gyrene76

#1 - What do you think Kasp? I know Miami was easy to wallop. I think the trade-off is this. If you play Heisman (or at least a more difficult All-American set) then the CPU will "cheese", and may win a game doing so. So do we find it more sim to never lose a CPU game ever, or lose a game here or there, against CPU "crap". I just played a game in a league and went to 5 OT's. There was some definite cheese going on there, but it was a good overall game and definitely had the possibility of a loss there.

#2 I think limits on recruiting are great. I also like limiting guys to 1-2 5* recruits. If you recruit 3 then next year you get penalized and can have no 5**** or what not. Plus it is easier for you to keep up with.

#3 Right on Kasp. I didn't know if that was your MO. Like I said, I love user games. If we get 12 guys together that won't whine and just want to have fun, then we should be in great shape.

5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

1) Thats the point of having all the users in one conference. Losses will take care of themselves. I'm fine with us going undefeated in OOC play, that's why I don't schedule users to play top 20 teams very often; if we beat the hell out of Air Force or SMU-- well we should being the teams we are.

2) MY thing with that is Oklahoma-- they sign more than 2 five stars. I agree we need to be wary of how many we sign, but I think we can all "have some faith" that no one does anything crazy.

3) See point 1.

6. Gyrene76

So you are saying just doing away with all recruiting limits period except the limit? That sounds good.

I have a good set of All-American sliders if you are interested? It's actually on OS. You probably still won't lose, but makes it more competitive.

7. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

im not too worried about CPU games/sliders. Yeah, I think just be responsible with your recruiting and we will call it good. dont go off and sign 8 five stars is all- you know, nothing crazy. That goes for everyone.

8. Gyrene76

I know you aren't too concerned with sliders, but if you change your mind here is a really good set on All-American. Cheeze seems to be at a minimum with these.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...mkharsh33-all-american-sliders-ncaa-13-a.html