Server continues to drop games.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Server continues to drop games.

These last two weeks have been horrible as far as game drops go and it is getting worse. More and more games are having to be simmed due to this.

I think until the server gets stable, we need to extend our advance deadline to at least 5-days.

In my case, I work away from home alot and getting my game done in the 4-day window is hard. Getting my game done in a 4-day window with constant disconnects is getting to be impossible.

As much as I love being a part of this league and the OMFL family, having to constantly look for a sub or having games being simmed, will eventually cause me to reluctantly call it quits. I know for a fact, I am not the only owner whom feels this way.

We are all here to PLAY THE GAME and not being able to do that will have a much worse effect on the league than waiting an extra day or two for advance.

Maybe I am just ranting but all these d\c will catch up with us. We have already lost a great,active owner after frustrations from a multiple d/c game.

2. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I usually have problems too. But my last 2 games against west guys have been fine. I've always heard that the server problems are mainly between people in Midwest, south and east coast. EA has to be addressing this. There's no way they haven't heard anything about it. I haven't looked on any EA forums to see what's going on, but it is getting ridiculous.

Either way, I'd say this definitely qualifies as an emergency situation. Maybe allow for another emergency day or 2 due to current issues if we have to. The only problem is if we say they have 6 days, you know the same some people are going to eant to wait until day 6 to try to play. But I'd day its more important to keep an owner from leaving due to not being to play the games rathet then them leaving because the advance is too slow. Shit happens and we adjust. My opinions anyway.

3. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

With the way we currently advance, my last game (with the Redskins) I felt had to be simmed because Bamagrad and I got together and tried twice to play, with the second one d/cing mid 4th quarter. I figured that getting Bama to get on another night would be tough, so I went for a sim. However, truth be told, I think I could have won where the CPU lost. That's just me.

My second game (against the Jets) had a total of 3 d/c's. The first one occured midway through the 3rd quarter with me leading 14-10. The second one occured at halftime, before the 3rd quarter kickoff, with the Jets leading 25-14 (or 29-14, not entirely sure, point is he was winning). Sci had paused to eat dinner since he didn't think we would get disconnected again. Even though after two halves, the Jets won, Sci wanted to play through a full game. We tried a third time that night, and shortly before the first quarter ended, with him leading 7-0, we disconnected for the third time, and I got frustrated. I would have just said sim or CPU for Sci, but he AIMed me and said we could play the following day (today), which we did.

I wanted to say all this because I was willing to sim two weeks in a row. From frustration not at team performance, but EA server BS. I didn't come back to watch whatever team I have in my possession lose ball games. I want to play. However, with constant barrage to get games in, get games in, I think we are pissing off owners when they CAN'T get it in. Not because of scheduling, but because of EA servers.

If any board member has any questions about my last two week's connection issues, I assure you it's not on my end. I've been able to stay online on EA servers after the d/cs (which if it were on my end I would have been booted from PSN and EA) in question. And I don't like it when d/cs happen to me because it makes me look like a quitter. And I may be many things, but when it comes to time taken to play this game, I don't quit.

Making owners look bad, get aggravated, and get frustrated to the point of quitting, and it's completely out of our hands. Take more time during this timeframe and hope that EA gets their head out of their ass and gets server stability on their "to do" list. I doubt it will happen (this IS EA after all), but it's all we can do to keep good owners happy.

4. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

OK I've been looking around about this issue, and it is very widespread, especially happening since the last patch. I've seen one post on operation sports, where someone said they tweeted Ian Cummings and he said they are looking into it. I've also seen another person post this little rigged-up solution:

I have no clue if this works and it seems like it may be a bit of annoyance to it, but it could be worth something to try until they get can the server crap together.

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Wow....who the hell took the time to figure out that might work, and would work? Maybe THEY should be working for EA's server support and not the retarded monkeys they have now.

6. Jeremy

We need to address this is some form or another. Hopefully we hear from the remaining board members today.

7. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

That is what I did with mustang and gaddy to get games in we both played a series unranked then went back to the franchise and it was perfect.

8. Jeremy

So, get into an unranked game with your opponent, then quit after kickoff and both go into online franchise and then send franchise invite?

9. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Yeah servers are sucking hopefully the fix Dave found works. Me and ND tried several times to play yesterday to no avail, and its getting real old. Hopefully they truly fix the problem but until then lets keep trying to do "Ian's Ol Super Fix" before games.

10. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Yes Dave that has worked for me 2 times this season and on the first try.

11. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

wow. that sucks. i am losing interest in this all, very quickly. :(