Sesason 5 Predictions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Mar 12, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

May 19, 2009
    Sesason 5 Predictions

Who cares, they'll just lose in the BCS game again anyways.

It pains me to say this, but I think it may be Georgia's year this year. We've only had 3 BCS champions in Southern Expsoure, UF 2x and UGA once (diff coach). Georgia was extremely close last season, in fact, they were literally one play away. This season they are even more talented and I think Coach Colemanchu has a better feel for the team this year. They're missing stud WR Marlon Brown, but as I recall, they landed a nasty prospect a couple years ago at WR who should be just aboute ready to explode onto the scene this season.

Tennessee could be tough this year. They already have a proven win over UNC but the UNC coach will be quick to point out how bad his team is (as always, starting to wonder why he doesn't make his team better since he's the coach after all). With HB David Oku back, the Vols have a heavy hitter to run the offense that Coach Cheesedip likes to run, the ground game. Tough tests lie ahead though, they play at Florida and the Georgia game no matter where it is located will probably have Georgia as a heavy favorite.

Florida, Coach KSherm has recently been quoted as saying this is one of his favorite teams he's gotten to coach to date. He really loved the championship teams, but there's something special about this team. The Gators are almost entirely new on offense and will need to be more strategic with their young trio of QBs. However, this years defense could be one of the greats in Florida history. They should help bail out the offense a lot this year to keep them in games. The Gators get UT at home which should help, but the Cocktail party will be an all out war. The Gators escaped last year and Georgia has had a whole year to dwell on it. I'm guessing they'll be extremely motivated this time around.

SEC East winner: UGA

Over in the West:

Auburn is still the king of the West and until someone knocks them off, it's how it's going to stay. Having Rollison back and healthy is a big boost. They've got Miller on the shelf so that just means that the offensive coordinator can use Rollison as much as he wants cause they have a capable backup if he goes down. The loss of Reggie Taylor should hurt, but coach Noles has a proven track record of developing safeties so the new guy just might be the next all American.

New head coach Ceewo has his hands full this season. He's inheriting an Alabama team that has been run into the ground. After the fans and alumni burnt "Loser" into the last coaches front yard, they're extremely happy and excited to have coach Ceewo in town. However, if he doesn't right the ship quickly, those fans could become irate again very quickly. Bama has pulled in solid recruiting classes the past few years so they should be OK. The biggest goal for this season simply has to be to win the Iron Bowl against Auburn. They have been on the losing end of that one for a while, but maybe this could be the year??? I think they'll finish 2 or 3 in the West.

Well this program is in serious turmoil right now with their coach unexpectedly retiring. The LSU AD has already been rejected publicly by MoGriff from Virginia and Wellar from Wake. Not sure who's next on his short list, but at least now he knows how Michigan felt when the Mad Hatter turned them down to stay at LSU.

SEC West Winner: Auburn

SEC CG: UGA 35 Auburn 31

Let's discuss. Who's your pick for the BCS this season?
  2. Wellar21

Wellar21 Walk On

Dec 9, 2009
    Wake will definitely pull off one or two upsets this year but will have troubles knocking off so many tough teams. I'm pretty skilled with the sticks btw. Im gonna say ill finish the season 9-4. As for the BCS Im going to give it to Auburn
  3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Jul 6, 2009
    9-4? won't get you an opportunity to play War Damn Eagle!
  4. Ceewo

Ceewo Walk On

Mar 5, 2010
    2nd or 3rd is being very kind to an Alabama team that got whooped by FSU. At this point i just hope to have some competitive games, let alone a handful of victories
  5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Feb 10, 2009
    Featured Threads:
    I'm in the same boat as Ceewo team is complete shit...