Set Piece Thread

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by Jon MK, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Alright everyone, it's time I clear the air. We suck at scoring sometimes, and we try to hard to do it our way as opposed to taking the opportunities the game gives us.

I wanted to make a thread for set pieces, too often I've heard us saying 'far post' or 'near post' or 'penalty spot'. I think for those of you who don't want soccer on a consistent basis is that these set pieces are a free chance to score. I feel like we say where we're going instead of actually having a plan on how to feast on these chances. Now let me also say that I don't want to discount far post and near post runs, they can be effective but at the same time I find those run types are more dangerous in the flow of a game as opposed to a set piece. I'll post some ideas for us to try out in matches to determine if they're potent.

2. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Corner set piece number 1 image.jpg image.jpg

3. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Now in this particular piece, the ball is played into the middle of the box. The striker is played by the black arrow, the turquoise square run inside the near post is played by a CB, and the gray arrow is played by a taller defensive mid. The goal of the striker is to occupy and create chaos in front of the goalie, and if the ball gets to him is simply redirected.. The ball ideally curved in toward his head. Now a shorter cross can be played by the cam/lm/rm who is stationary and occupying space between the ball and near post. If a good ball is hit, our near post run by our cb could be a hard header on target. If the ball is played too far out from the striker or keeper, we have a cdm running toward the ball and he can put power behind the ball as well. Our other defensive mid hovers about 30 yards from the goal cleaning up the ball if it gets cleared. The back post man plays a more contain role in case the squad try a quick outlet to counter our corner kick.

Your thoughts gents? Do we think we have the timing, and discipline to try this?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I think we should try about anything at this point to improve.

We could possible make a second club to pair off and try this in a friendly maybe? Without practice this might be hard to implement for some of us.