set Plays

Discussion in 'TFL: Premier League South' started by Colemanchu, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

set Plays

Hey I've noticed when I play guys online that they seem to always have guys headed to the net on corners but my guys just kind of chill at the edge of the box. Do you guys have any set plays that you use, or a strategy for creating my own?

2. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

I havent even tried that ste play creator out yet Cole...If I do, Ill let you know.

3. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Keep in mind you need to be careful how many guys you throw into the box. I was playing a guy online who had a set play that basically bum rushed almost his whole team toward the goal. I was able to clear the ball and easily counter because of it.

I read a few articles on this and the general rule of thumb is to have somebody go toward the far post, somebody at the near post a few yards off the backline, and after that is really just moving guys around to create chaos and hope somebody gets open or can box out and get a good header on the ball.

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I have a couple plays drawn up but I rarely use them. The default setting works pretty well for me. I like that the default has a guy lurking around the 18-20 yard mark to clean up balls that pop out there.

Remember the most important aspect of a corner is the quality of the ball that is served in. Practice being able to put the ball in a certain area consistently and it will help big time. Muttcope is really good at accurate services.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Bull crap, I hate these practice and you'll get better responses. I want instant success, and I want it yesterday! :D

Thanks for the responses guys.

6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Yeah i'm just as successful using the default setup and not dealing with the set plays.

I just wait until the guys start moving around and try to server the ball into the middle of the box, the near post but toward the edge of the box, or the far post near the touch line. Success really seems to be more about what you do when the ball is in the air and getting under it, rather than where you move your guys before its kicked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.