Settings and Rules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Razcalking1978, May 6, 2009.

1. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Settings and Rules

Any thoughts you have regarding our set-up, settings, or rules can go here. Here's what I'm thinking with the info we have right now:

- our teams will replace the 4 least prestigious team in 3 non-BCS conferences, mostly like the WAC, MWC and Sun Belt (all have no championship game)

- we will start off at 3-prestige. If the computer generates teams for us, NO editing of the players will be allowed.

- all other rules (recruiting, position changes, etc) will follow standard OFFL rules, whatever they end up being.

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Is this going to be a twice a week advance like the other leagues?

3. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Yo Commish,

I'd like to replace Idaho or one of the other WAC scrubs and play out west if possible. Let me know. Does anyone else have a real preference?

Peace,
    PK

4. PK55

PK55 Rabid Football Fan

Wondering the same thing.;)

5. Razcalking1978

Yep, I'm looking at twice a week to start off. If we're getting stuff done quickly, we could always up to it three-a-week (Friday, Sunday, Wednesday). I'd want to keep a set schedule either way.

6. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I am in another dynasty that advances every 3rd day, no extensions given. If you aren't done on time, you get advanced past, no matter what your reason. Of course if everyone were finished early, we advance at that point. I really like that format.

7. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I like the 3 day advance idea but whatever. I would prefer to play out west in the WAC as well.

8. Razcalking1978

I wouldn't mind doing every third day. But it would be every third day, on the dot. I don't want pms all the time telling me to advance because the last guy finished 2 minutes ago.

9. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

I agree, once 10 drops I think people will have games in everyday or at least every other day. I think every 3rd day max should work out just fine.

10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

No one would do that. If you have everyone finish everything in ONE day, and have it sitting idle for two, then there will be mutiny and I would probably quit the league. If you log on and see that everyone is done, how hard is it to advance?

If you are THAT worried about people being pricks about it, impose a penalty on anyone who PM's you telling you that everyone is finished. If the league can move at a faster pace than once every 3 days, why not let it?

11. Razcalking1978

Or I could just use the standard OFFL Thursdays - Sundays.

12. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Every third day is good.

13. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Didn't you ask everyone what they wanted to do? Is this your league, or everyone's?

14. Razcalking1978

I plan on following standard OFFL rules and settings, including scheduling, unless we come up with a better plan.

I'm up for suggestions, but as far as scheduling goes, I don't have time to check it that much. If we want to go with every 3 days, it'll be every 3 days.

15. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Part of that involves advancing when everyone is all caught up. You plan on doing that?

16. Razcalking1978

Huh? We've been advancing Thursdays and Sundays, regardless of whether everyone was done early. It helps people plan out when they want to play.

17. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

That was after the two leagues were synced together. Rigid Th/Sun doesn't help me out much at all, and so far everyone that has responded thus far said they would like 3 day increments, which isn't exactly difficult to figure out when you can play.

Now, I can't fully know what your deal is, but how often do you think you would need to check the dynasty? I see you online at least once a day, and plenty on the forums. Maybe you could have whoever finishes up last respond in a designated thread so that you know for sure when it is ready to be advanced, without you feeling like people are getting in your face about it.

18. Razcalking1978

I'm sure that would make us go faster. Up in the TT forums they constantly have threads telling other guys to hurry up so they can advance, or "why are we waiting for this guy" threads. I'm just not into that.

I have no problem with advances every 3 days if we want a faster pace. I just think it makes it much more relaxed and issue-free if we keep a set schedule.

19. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I certainly hear your point, but I also tend to think that even if we are on a set schedule, if everyone sees that we aren't waiting on anything there will still be threads. The Tradition guys are completely nuts about the speed at which they play! I think if you laid it out in terms like you just did, and tell people that no one will be bullied for not playing "fast", that we would be fine.

There has not been an issue with this in the league where it is every 3 days or when everyone is finished. There was one member who harrassed everyone, but he was a jackass that said some things that got him kicked out of the league, hahaha -- everyone else is pretty calm about the whole thing.

20. Razcalking1978

Well, with the excitement at the start, it couldn't hurt to try it. If people start feeling pressured or anything like that, we could go to a set schedule.

21. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

We have also only heard a few opinions on this idea as well. I think 3 of us liked the idea. It would definitely be nice to hear more opinions. Hell, we have until July! :p This game sounds so much cooler than 09 does though.

22. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Why cant we advance already. This EA guy is always holding us up.:mad:

Oh and like 3 day increments.

23. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Do you want us to try and locate our teams in the same geographical area as the conferences or not?

24. Razcalking1978

I'll be posting about this once we decide on the Sun Belt teams we'll be replacing. It'll be more about figuring out rivalry stuff.

What do the rest of you guys think? Should we try to locate our teams in the states that already make up the conference that we'll be in?

25. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I planned on being in the southwest are anyways, but I figure more questions=more hype.