Archived Settings and Sliders Discussion

Discussion in 'Legendary Veterans' started by IrishBearcat, Jul 14, 2012.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

IrishBearcat
    -Cougars-
    BakerWildcat7
    LSUTRUTH
    The Parrothead
    UNo x Broncos
    BennettForce
    Will Atkinson
    iBleedOrange247
    Bl0ndeRedHead
    bawvu97
    Hokie Effect

Looking for your thoughts on the sliders and discussion.

My personal opinion towards the topic: I always to prefer to pick either AA or Heisman base to start out. I think making a slider set from the get go isn't ideal because they will definitely become outdated once everyone gets used to the game. I'm a proponent of just using a base set and then considering slider adjustments down the road when everyone has already improved about as much as they are going to be able to for the cycle.

I have always been a Heisman guy. With that said, this year may be an exception. From playing in the tournament and with friends I notice there are wayyyy too many interceptions. -Cougars- and I played last night and it was essentially a game catch as each team was throwing to the opposite. Some guys in the tourney (on Heisman) are throwing TEN interceptions in a game.

I may be leaning towards going all american game difficulty with base sliders for season one. What do you think?

Oh yeah, we'll be going with Heisman recruiting. Bring your lunchbox. :)

2. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

I think I'm going to start playing on AA in my offliner and see how it plays, I have yet to play a game on AA. But I'm getting pretty good results on Heisman vs the CPU, but sometimes it feels like the CPU will break huge runs when they should've been tackled...But I always have liked using AA with custom sliders to give it the Heisman feel without the getting screwed by the overpowering CPU

3. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

AA with sliders? Doesn't really matter since the majority of our games will be user lol I think.

4. IrishBearcat

I honestly haven't had much experience playing the CPU on either setting. I'm more concerned about user games since it will be the majority of our games and the CPU is going to have a tough time being consistently competitive regardless of what we do.

5. IrishBearcat

I'm saying I'm in support of AA with no adjusted sliders - 50's across the board.

6. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Oh, I don't care either way, the computer has always sucked imo so it won't matter lol

7. HoundsOfHowl

I've played 3 games on Heisman difficulty and only have thrown 4 INT's. Usually I average 2-3. But I think it's because I've been smarter with my throws.

8. IrishBearcat

Against the CPU or Human opponents?

9. HoundsOfHowl

Humans, it was Bawvu (3) [first online game] , Danthraxxx(1), Shaun Mason (0)

10. IrishBearcat

I've played about 7 online games against Heisman users. It's not a problem every game for a very solid player IMO, but once opponents start figuring out defense I think it could be a problem. You should play -Cougars- and see if you get similar results as us. He beat in a game after throwing 5 picks. Granted I think I threw 3-4 myself.

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Don't really care about sliders too much. Whatever works

12. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

This game is the shit. I can play D I can throw the ball now just have to be more patient.

13. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    i honestly dont notice much of a difference on heisman other than running the ball is harder on heisman. CPU controlled DB's are still psychich with respect to route running

14. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Lets say this then. We can run the first season on AA. If we have to many users blowing out the CPU we can switch to Heisman the following year. Pending those results we can make a decision or staying or switching or if there is a good set of sliders we can use those.

Opinions?

• Like Like x 1
  15. IrishBearcat

Exactly what my train of thought was on selecting. I'd rather start easier and upgrade to Heisman than start on Heisman, everyone hate it, and then feel like we wasted a season.

• Like Like x 1
  16. UNo x Broncos

UNo x Broncos Walk On

The only problem on AA is the CPU is bad. All CPU games will be wins but I like the idea for just one season and see how the numbers work out.