Settings, Sliders, etc...

Discussion in 'Second to None' started by KnightNoles, Jul 8, 2013.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

2. KnightNoles

I'll probably get the game at midnight CT.

3. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

First off loving the avatar. Shouts out to big cuzo Pete. I have the retail when it hits the psn store usually around 3pmthat est

4. KnightNoles

yeaaaa, I'm still waiting for my signed Garnet jersey. make it happen!

5. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

I'll have my copy tomorrow morning disc

6. jusblaze09

jusblaze09 Walk On

As far as sliders go, I think it's key we get the penalty sliders down first since it seems they affect gameplay and animations instead of how often penalties are called

7. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

chance17 and I have collaborated on a slider set using IBO's as a base. I think they play really well and the rest of you guys should give them a try. I'll try to post tonight if he doesn't today.

I'll have the hard disc Tuesday, but I have played the early release for probably 12 hours already--not proud of it but oh well. The game plays really well on normal game speed and 7 minute quarters.

There is no recruiting difficulty so we won't have to worry about that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jusblaze09

jusblaze09 Walk On

As far as coach skills goes, slow seems the way to go.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LTL7360

LTL7360 Play hard for the name on your chest: Texas A&M

getting the disc tomorrow morning

10. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Normal is definitely the new slow this year

• Like Like x 2
  11. chance17

chance17 Walk On

I'll post the sliders I'm using later tonight, when I get back from work. I think the sliders need more testing. I was beating teams with my defense and not doing too great on offense at times. The passing really requires your QB to be yellow, but I like that.

12. chance17

chance17 Walk On

I think I would be on board for normal speed, 6-7 minute quarters, and slow progression. Slowest lets you get your first three points in recruiting by the end of season 1, which means season 2 you have the ability to fully scout for 50 pts, so slow should get us there a little sooner. That is crucial to getting a decent big board. After that, slowest is truly painful to get your coach any better on.

I think we should be shooting for lvl 32 max for our dynasty. That is what the starting lvl is for Saban, Spurrier, etc. If we can get any higher before the cycle ends, then it would be too much IMO.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2013
  13. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    I'll be downloading the game whenever I get off work tomorrow.

14. chance17

chance17 Walk On

I have my thoughts on IBO's sliders with powerhouse teams.

Penalties - ALL at 100 except for following :
    Facemask – 60
    OPI & DPI – 55 (I had mine at 100 and only saw one call so it may not really matter)
    KR/PR Int. – 80 (either you touch him or you don’t, so idk what it matters)
    Clipping - 55 (I see about one every game, but thats realistic)
    Int. Grnd – 55 (I had at 100 and it still didn’t call it on the CPU, so this is just a slider to penalize the user. Do you want to be called for this or not? You guys decide.)
    RTP – 54 (this one is a real turd and you have to have it here or every late hit is a first down)
    RTK – 54
    Unless we enforce a required auto sub set, who cares. It may be worth looking into, though, because I rarely see a sub at 6 minute quarters. I think depth should matter, so I would vote for it. Hard to enforce, though, and it would take testing :sour:

User / CPU
    QBA - 10 / 10
    Pass Block - 60 / 35 (I think 40 for CPU because I was in the top quarter of sacks with short quarters and Clowney had ~13 for the year)
    WR Cat - 35 / 40(changed from 35)
    RBA - 35 (changed from 45)/ 70 (had user at 45 in a pro style book and saw no problems, but IBO put it to 35, probably no big deal. I haven't averaged more than 5 per carry with an 88 back except against FCS east)
    Run Block - 0 / 30
    Pass Cvrg - 65 / 65
    Int - 35(changed from 25) / 25 (I checked after playing a full season and I was tied for the least INTs with South Alabama, so 35 all the way)
    Rush D - 60(changed from 70) / 100 (I like 60, but with the tackle so low, the CPU gets big runs constantly, but I still had the #1 run D because they ran so little :facepalm: )
    Tackle - 35 / 45(changed from 35) (I would argue higher maybe on the user tackle because the broken tackles were over the top when they did happen, but the end stats weren't worse for the wear because the stupid CPU ran a no huddle offense every game. Pass to run ratio of 3:2 or higher, always)
    FGP - 40 / 40 (I would suggest 45 for CPU because I returned way too many FGs, CPU couldn’t adjust to the distance)
    FGA - 25 / 40 (I had to put CPU FGA at 45 because they were missing way too many wide up close)
    Punt Power - 40 / 60
    Punt Acc. - 25 / 75
    Kickoff - 35(changed from 45) / 50 (If it works, I’m fine with it. Jello said it didn’t change anything to go from 50 to 0 when he played, so we’ll have to see once we get the retail version)

I really want to know how user games go and if the sliders can apply, but I'm just ready to start this now. This game is too fun offline.

• Like Like x 1
  15. KnightNoles

It will be at least 7 minute quarters, 8 would be the max.. I don't see us going under 7? :meh:

16. chance17

chance17 Walk On

I thought we were at 6 last year was the only reason I said that.

17. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

By the way, OS community rosters are said to be dropping around the 11th with NO ratings edits.

18. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

We will see. Like I said he is hard to get a hold of. Havent seen him since I went to Tampa

• Like Like x 1
  19. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

I will be picking up the game after work tomorrow, I say we start as soon as we have names

• Like Like x 1
  20. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Same here. I'm not sure how many games I'll be able to get in before week 1. My son has soccer till 830 tonight, tomorrow me and the wife will be going to the O.A.R concert, then Thursday it's soccer again. I'm hoping for rain the next 3 days though so I have a chance to play this game a little bit. I've only played 1 game on the demo so far.

21. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Like I said, I haven't really played the game yet and we will see how things go. I'll try them when I get home tonight but the extreme of these has me a bit worried.

22. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:

Its ok, I'm in the same boat. This is my craziest work week of the summer when we start getting all of the equipment for the next season, so I'll be working some 8+ hour days, I'm trying to start earlier in the day so I have some time in the evening, but we'll see.

• Like Like x 1
  23. chance17

chance17 Walk On

I think the sliders may act differently on the retail version, so start with default and see if the user run game, CPU passing, and kickoff power are just way over the top. Also, user passing was a bit too easy for someone who stinks at it, like me, to do so well. We obviously will not start until we have something solid in terms of rosters and settings, so just play a bit and see what happens. It will take time to get used to defense, though :D

My first 8 games were all within a score (best team UGA, worst ECU or Troy). Then I played Mizzou (91 ovr in second season) with SCar (95 ovr) and torched them through the air and won 56-30. I ended up with the #1 run D, lowest takeaway total, and pretty much mediocre everything else. Every KO was a touchback and only twice did my RB average above 5 yds per carry in the season. Clowney had 12.5 sacks his senior season (draft declaration logic???), but he had 13 IRL in 2012. I think the CPU playcalling is bogus and skews some stats, but i didn't go get a midnight release to find out if anything has changed.

24. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Default heisman results in 60-50 type of scores. It's not balanced at all.

25. KnightNoles

I played about a quarter and a half last night on default heisman. First drive I moved pretty well and then decided to pass and was sacked three straight times, partly because I was sextin textin and not really paying attention to routes and throwing on time. When I quit out the game I was beating Miami by three.

I will be diving into OD land this evening.

• Like Like x 1