Settings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigSmooth33, Sep 29, 2010.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Settings

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37194

Interesting read...

I for one don't find much too wrong with the settings here. My defense blows, but I think it is more me and the talent on the field outside of the front four that is the problem not the game.

Maybe Eddie/Doug may want to share with OMFL?

2. Andyman33

Andyman33 Walk On

i think the defense here is just fine...I have held my last 2 opponents to less than 3 td's (2 tds last game and none before that)
    Drew

3. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

Some people were complaining about INTs on All-madden (dunno why), so it was switched to all-pro for a week. Nate said this was not his decision and it'd be switched back immediately, so the league will be going back to all-madden next advance. They will then discuss all-pro at season's end.

4. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

While I was skeptical about the switch to All-Madden, I have grown to be ok with it.

Last year I hated All-Madden because of the interceptions (there were too many ridiculous catches, by linebackers especially), I haven't experienced the same this year. I've seen some amazing picks and some sure ones that were dropped, so basically realistic.

I absolutley hated the kicking meter until the patch (I lost two games by missed xp's), funny now it almost seems too slow. Is this only for online games? That's all I've played since the patch.

I think passing defense is still lacking a little, but it goes both ways.

5. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

i saw we just put it on rookie so i can hopefully get some wins :partynanas:

6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

I read that game summary when it was posted in the OMFL forum, Ryan, as the score was what drew my attention to it. But thanks for allowing the rest of the league to have the opportunity to experience their discussion in the OMFL. As for the PMFL, Eddie and I have discussed the game settings "post-patch" and we agreed to keep them at All-Madden. Particularly for the reason of preventing high scores, inflated stats, and unrealistic gameplay. Yes, we may see some unrealistic events at the All-Madden level, but the frequency of those versus what we see at the All-Pro level far outweigh considering changing to All-Pro. Everyone needs to remember that this game is a two way street. Everyone has the same capability to build their team and create an opportunity to win games. That is, of course, provided that we all play the game in a simulated football fashion. I think that is proven by the parity in our league and the majority of "realistic" game results we've seen week in and week out. Yes, there will be a handful of game results and stats that will be outlandish, but as long as it isn't a weekly occurrence or a pattern by individual owners, I believe we are operating in an appropriate fashion. Just remember... Anybody can win on any given day. It's a matter of gameplanning, execution, and the Madden Gods. ;) If you live by the blitz, you'll die by the blitz. If you live by the run, you'll die by the run. If you live by the pass, you'll die by the pass. I could go on and on... We all have a style of gameplay that we like to use. We just need to remember to use everything within moderation and mix up your playcalling. With that said, we are not changing the gameplay level unless a future update improves or worsens one level or the other.

7. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Maybe I should clarify...

I was suggesting maybe PMFL leadership offer suggestions to OMFL.

I personally LOVE the current gameplay and settings and thought there had to be a problem with how the OMFL was set up game setting wise.

No complaints, just found it interesting how much different gameplay is on lower settings.

8. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Glad to hear it, Ryan. In our relationship with OMFL, one thing Eddie and I have learned is that we will offer suggestions when asked. From what I've read and heard, though, it sounds like the OMFL settings are being changed back to All-Madden if they haven't been already.

9. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Understood.

10. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

my 2 cents is that as a whole we provide great cometition to each other no matter what level we play on, and since we made the switch to all madden, it made everyone batter at the game, so when a switch is made back to all pro, no wonder your going to get inflated stats... just look at a batter in the warmup circle with weights on his bat, or runners running in a pool. its resistance style training. now that weve made the switch, i feel that we need to stay, because we will find ourselves with games in the link on a regular basis otherwise. just think if you a person who doesnt like all madde, you getting better by playing on it