Settings???

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by recchem2000, Jul 8, 2013.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

After Midnight

I know some of you already have the game but for the rest of us we wont get our hands on it until after work tomorrow. What I need from you guys is some feedback on these new coach settings, difficulty, recruiting and sliders (if any).

Post here your thoughts on what we should run with for this version.

Coach Settings - Im seeing on the boards that slow may be to slow? But if you use normal you have to have restrictions?

Difficulty - As always, its Heisman vs All-American.

Sliders - Meh, I think I hate them but I've read its too easy to run?

Recruiting - Do we even need restrictions?

I think thats about it. If I missed something, let me know.

2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Already trying to handicap me I see.

CHICKEN!

3. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Just shit I've ready. I've played all of one game on the demo so I have no freaking clue. I need help from you bitches!

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Coach setting - I'd vote for normal but make guys pick something from both skill trees.
    Difficulty/sliders - I'd try default heisman to start then make after the season. I don't really like monkeying with sliders before we have a really good feel for how the game plays out of the box.
    No recruiting restrictions - again for at least a season while we figure out the new system.

recchem2000

• Like Like x 2
  5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Dru50
    Did you get the game early?

6. Dru50

Nah, getting it tomorrow at lunch. Basing the coach stuff on what I've read on here and everyone knows my opinion on sliders :).

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Coach settings- I am not a big fan of the coaching tree, but i say if were using it we go normal and whatever. Alot of people will use it on recruiting and that's smart as recruiting is hard.

Difficulty- well i haven't played on heisman, but running and passing seem to be easy. i know ppl are complaining that the cpu doesn't miss a pass so i think we should spend some time finding a happy point... the good thing i saw though is there is a difficulty for offense, Defense, AND USER vs USER.

Sliders- see above

Recruiting- no restrictions, because its fucking hard atleast at the beginning. just finished offseason with BC and i signed 5 guys 1 81 and the rest 68 and lower.

8. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Coach Settings: I think normal with no limits isn't too fast. Based on stuff I am seeing, if you run the league like Arky or Mizzou for most of '13 you will get 9 levels in year 1 and then 3 or 4 each level after...... it takes 27 to max one tree, so that is around season 7.... To keep it interesting, maybe we do a rule that for every 2 you put in recruiting you have to put 1 in game management.

Difficulty/Sliders: If we put defense at Heisman the CPU will drop 40+ points on you every week and even cupcakes will tune you up for 30. My suggested difficulty/sliders below.

Offense: Heisman​
    Defense: All American​
    Game Speed: Slow​
    Speed Threshold: 35​
    USER / CPU​
    QB Accuracy: 30 / 30​
    Pass Block: 60 / 50
    WR Catch: 40 / 40​
    RB Ability: 40 / 55​
    Run Block 40 / 50 ​
    Pass Cover: 50 / 50​
    INTS: 35 / 35​
    Rush D: 50 / 65​
    Tackle: 50 / 60​
    FG Pow: 45 / 50​
    FG Acc: 35 / 30​
    Punt Pow: 45 / 55​
    Punt Acc: 35 / 90​
    KO Pow: 45 / 50​

Recruiting: I would say no restrictions. We can revisit a couple seasons in if need be, but I think it is unlikely that anyone will just go nuts out of the gate.

9. Dru50

I for one don't have an issue with the CPU being tough on heisman. Isn't the CPU scoring better than it being unable to?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wyrmreaver

When you get the game tomorrow, play a couple games of Boise vs Oklahoma and Texas (welcome to the big 12) with the settings I posted. I'd like to hear your opinion after.

11. Dru50

I've never been a fan of messing with sliders, especially out of the box. I don't think a small sample size of a few guys playing with the early release version (which by all accounts is not exactly the same as the retail version) is enough to adjust the sliders before the entire group has played more than 2-3 games.

I've always felt that way about sliders though, I think screwing around with the changes one thing to the detriment of something else. No game is perfect, I'll always vote to just leave the sliders on default, but I'll go with the fliow.

12. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I agree that at least for the first season, we should play default sliders (or as little changes as possible).

13. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Demo was fun on AA CPU offense and Heisman CPU defense, Default Heisman for CPU offense was impossible to stop the opposing qb. A few games the CPU qb did not miss a pass and option was money all game as well. But I'll take the challenge of default Heisman and go from there. FWIW I couldn't run a lick against Heisman D in the demo, but I generally played as the underdog so my line wasn't on par. I think that's a good thing though that I was generally stuffed.

Don't know why we wouldn't go Heisman user vs user...

I hear penalties are down this season. I hate that but I guess it's not the end of the world. Only thing I'd mess with is turning up PI to 100 :D

Somebody should check out FG and KO length. FAR too powerful at default and there's no reason for 60 yarders unless you have a 98/99 power kicker. Wake Forest CPU K booted a 57 and 59 yard FG in game in TGT. Cheez will use that SHIZ all day!

Coaching skills: I agree with Dru50 .

14. Wyrmreaver

Default heisman is a mistake..... remember the "heisman shenanigans" thread...... take that and multiply tenfold. It wont be fun watching Iowa State beat you 45-24, trust me

15. Jayrah

:ROFLMAO:

16. Dru50

Then play on default AA and adjust after season 1. I just really believe we should have a full season of statistical data for us and the CPU and make minor slider adjustments if really necessary over moving sliders 10-15+ points before we've started. Plus, keep in mind that every year the gameplay changes quite a bit after the initial patch. If you are playing on modified sliders you won't know how much impact the patch really has.

17. Jayrah

I'm down to try that set for a few games Wyrmreaver. Not sure I like "slow" though as I already hate how much time you get in the pocket on normal

18. Wyrmreaver

FWIW I have more than a seasons worth of results that I am basing this off of...... Saying you dont want to mess with sliders is voluntarily giving up one of the tools the devs have given us. While I am not a slider junkie, I believe that they are an essential part of the difficulty settings.

19. Dru50

Fair enough, but what works for you may not work for everyone (after all, we don't all blitz 7 guys 100% of the time ;)).

Like I said, I'll roll with whatever the group feels is best.

20. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

As long as playing on Heisman doesn't turn into the cheese fest it had to turn into in '13 just to compete with the AI pretty much cheating on any given play.

I have zero desire to play the CPU and have to stick to a handful of gimme plays just to move the ball.

21. Dru50

Normally I'd agree with you. In the past I've always been a proponent of just using default AA, since adjusting sliders or playing on Heisman just artificially inflates CPU player abilities and makes it so that players don't play to their ratings.

But it sounded like the "No Heisman in After Midnight" train may have gone down the tracks after I jumped off last year, so I figured I'd stick to the leave sliders alone battle. ;)

22. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I don't have an issue starting on AA default. I'd rather do that than have the tuner jack up any sliders we have in place. I remember we had the perfect sliders in Night Owls. Than the tuner dropped and fucked them all up. I'm not doing that again! The first season will be on default and we can adjust as necessary after that.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Wyrmreaver

The Tuner will jack up all of the sliders you leave at 50 too.... :p

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

True but from experience its not as bad.

25. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

The real issue that we have to figure out are the things we cant edit once the dynasty starts, i.e. how fast on the coach progression. Right now, I'm leaning towards slow.

Also, is their a difficulty on recruiting like last year? I havn't seen one and I think I saw their isn't one this year.