Setup

Discussion in 'The Flashback' started by hornfaninbama, Sep 30, 2013.

?

Which Setup?

1. Teambuilder

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Carousel

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. Traditionsl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

TheRealHalupka, -Cougars-, -Balla-, qclassic 22, tar heel, BPHusker, matthew34brown, Austin1990, TN_Mike

So...I've got a few ideas that could be fun.

1. Teambuilder Dynasty
    Create your school, I'll download it and we can use our own schools. It could be fun, and interesting. The trouble will be getting new members.

2. Coaching Carousel
    We all start at :1stars: schools as a head coach and work our way up the coaching ladder. We'll set restrictions on what you have to accomplish to move up (seasons, total wins, conference titles etc.) It could be very fun, but again we may have trouble finding new members.

3. Traditional OD
    Start at one school and stay there.

The only one of these that will have restrictions will be the Coaching Carousel, outside of that you are free to choose or build a school at any level of prestige. The question is do we want to try to bring in new people or not? We're already past the time of year that seasonal players are wanting to join, so most likely whoever joins would be comitted for the long haul. But if we want to bring in new people that may push back our restart on option 1. If we go option 1 we'll have to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to start the file anyway, if only so everyone has enough time to get their team built.

My choice would be option 1, I think it would be awesome to have everyone create their own school. It would give us all a sense of ownership, and it would be a unique concept. The last Teambuilder OD TSO had was Hard For Yards, and they recreated the Ivy League plus a few schools to get the league to 12. I think it ran with the same 12 guys for a cycle or 2. They never had any issues with the OD so if that's what you're worried about don't be.

Coaching Carousel would be pretty awesome too, it would be fun to watch us move up the ladder, and take over better and better schools. The first couple seasons would be a tough slog, taking over at NMSU, Temple, UTSA etc. Since it looks like this will be the final iteration of NCAA we may want to find something that will last us longer than a few months and both of the first options would certainly do that.

As far as option 3 goes, we all know the pros and con's with it.

Vote in the poll please and post your reasons for it.

2. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

Option 2 sounds good, I would like to work my way up from the bottom. Idk how you feel about Mac schools as starters but I think it would be the best bet..I feel like option 1 is not realistic and option 3 is played out although it would be cool to have my team of choice but i feel like option 2 would last the longest so for me it's OPTION 2! Coaching Carousel

3. hornfaninbama

If we do option 2 the only restriction will be that you take over a :1stars: school. Other than that conference won't matter.

4. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

I cant change my vote... if i could get ohio state for option 3 ill go option 3! so now im stuck lol either 2 or 3 is fine

5. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

I vote option 2 that's usually my favorite way to play. I'm fine with option 3 as well, but I'd prefer not to do option 1 unless it was a very large majority that wanted that.

6. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

The other alternative, which was tried in an OD I was in last year, is looking to merge with another OD that has also had some attrition. I don't know how you feel about this hornfaninbama and I'm not even suggesting we should, just throwing it out there as a possibility to consider

7. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

Nah I like the way our dynasty was ran strict and clean I've been in others.. Restarts... Dropouts I'm good

8. Austin1990

Austin1990 Walk On

I hear ya. It actually didnt work great last year in my opinion anyway. A big part of being in a league is getting comfortable with the guys your playing with and when you merge two leagues that all gets thrown out the window and you have to start over with a whole new group.

9. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

Yeah I got used to this league and these guys ready to get this new one up and running

10. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

I voted for option 2.

• Like Like x 2
  11. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

are we close to getting this up at all?

12. hornfaninbama

Ya. I'll get the OD up tonight. I'm going to set up a draft thread here in a few.

13. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

Nice!

14. qclassic 22

qclassic 22 Walk On

what about a 1 star teambuilder just an idea

15. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

are we close to getting this up at all?
    already voted on..that got voted down we are doing 1 star coaching caro

16. hornfaninbama

I had the vote up all day yesterday. I voted team builder FWIW. It'd be a cool concept.

17. matthew34brown

matthew34brown Walk On

how long does Austin1990 have to pick a team?

18. hornfaninbama

It went up at 10:50 this morning, I'll give him til 11pm CST tonight.

19. BPHusker

BPHusker Walk On

1 star team builder would have been fun. I'd have to bring back my Northwest Nebraska State Rough Riders!

20. qclassic 22

qclassic 22 Walk On

yeah I figured it would be option 1,2 put together