SH College Gameday: S1 Bowl Special

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

SH College Gameday: S1 Bowl Special

SATURDAY HEROES

[​IMG]

Bowl Edition
    Glendale, AZ

[​IMG]
    BCS National Championship Game

#1 [​IMG] v #2 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is time ladies and gentleman! The stage is set for the 2010-2011 National Championship game here in Glendale, Arizona as the top ranked Broncos of Boise St take on the Ohio State Buckeyes! Two teams, two seasons filled with glory, two programs stained by doubt, but only one will emerge as the National Champion! We have been waiting all year for this, and it is finally upon us! Before we take a look at the National Championship game, we will be going through each of the Saturday Heroes Bowl Games and picking winners! The postseason is here! Let's go Bowling!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

[​IMG] v [​IMG]

The Texas Bowl plays host to two teams who just made bowl eligibility. Michigan St of the Big10 will take on the Bears of Baylor from the BigXII in what could be a fight to the end. Neither team has stellar offenses, as both sit outside the top 100 nationally. The biggest thing going for Baylor, is their QB in Griffin. He is a play maker and his game will determine the outcome for the Bears. However, one daunting statistic hangs over this game as setting these teams apart. Michigan St, is 7th in the country when it comes to turnovers. With a +13 ratio, the Spartans will force turnovers. Griffin is a playmaker, but has been haunted by interceptions, 15 total. That stat scares me for Baylor....

My Pick:[​IMG] 31-24

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

[​IMG]

[​IMG] v [​IMG]

It is the Arch Rivalry Round 2! The Insight Bowl welcomes Missouri, coming off a close loss to Texas in the BigXII Championship, and Illinois of the Big10. Missouri put on a show for us this season, starting out 1-4, they won their next 6 to get to 7-4 before losing to Bama and UT. Much of that success was brought on by their 3rd ranked passing offense. The Illini don't match up well on defense against the pass. This one could get out of hand.

My Pick:[​IMG] 35-17

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

[​IMG]

#20 [​IMG] v #14 [​IMG]

Two talented teams face off in the Outback Bowl, as Florida takes on Wisconsin in the annual Big10 v SEC meeting. Wisconsin comes in with the better team on paper. The 5th best scoring offense and 6th best defense give the Badgers pride. Florida has the reputation on their side.

My Pick:[​IMG] 24-17

[​IMG]

#24 [​IMG] v #15 [​IMG]

The Alamo Bowl is the site for a big matchup against the Huskies of Washington and the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Nebraska head coach T2Express is facing allegations stemming from a driving incident that involves alcohol, goats, and a gallon of KY brand lubricant. Although these allegations have brought a dark cloud over the university, an endorsement from KY, as well as a bid to the Alamo Bowl, have lightened the University, and brought back their momentum. Washington faces a carnival that could be too distracting.

My Pick:[​IMG] 24-13

[​IMG]

#13 [​IMG] v #9 [​IMG]

Another Big10 v SEC game that has all the ingredients of being a classic! Kentucky, coming off an SEC Championship loss to LSU, takes on a very talented Iowa Hawkeye team. The only user v user game for the SH series, the Capital One Bowl is one you don't want to miss. Both teams played very well all year, contending for their conference championships. The big factor in this game, is going to be the Iowa rush offense and their rush defense. Both are 4th in the nation, Iowa having the 8th best defense combined. Kentucky has a very good passing game, but the Hawkeyes are looking to control the ball and the game on the ground.

My Pick:[​IMG] 27-17

[​IMG]

[​IMG] v #19 [​IMG]

The Gator Bowl plays host to yet again another Big10 v SEC game, this time pitting the South Carolina Gamecocks against the Nittany Lions of Penn State. These two teams had up and down years, never really making noise in their conferences, but pulling out a victory will bring bragging rights to this conference gridlock. Penn State has the 14th scoring offense and 9th best total defense in the nation, with a pass defense that can be described in one word, shutdown. As I am going to be on the sidelines for this game, I will not be making a pic. However, fueling the Nittany Lions, who commonly find success in the postseason, both Kirk and Lee picked the Gamecocks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

#3 [​IMG] v #11 [​IMG]

It's the Grandaddy of them all, the Rose Bowl in Pasadena! Yet again, the Trojans of Southern Cal find themselves on the sidelines in this one, taking on the Crimson Tide of Alabama. The Tide come in, disappointed that one loss to eventual SEC Champion LSU keeps them out of the National Championship game, are looking to secure a big win in Pasadena. USC, after the postseason ban was lifted during the season due to Kiffin's community service efforts, look to take another Rose Bowl trophy home. Will Alabama's 2nd ranked defense and top ranked offense be too much for USC?

My Pick:[​IMG] 38-20

[​IMG]

#5 [​IMG] v #10 [​IMG]

The Tostitos Fiesta Bowl hosts the BigXII Champion Texas Longhorns and the Big East Champion Panthers of Pitt. The Longhorns have been under the radar the whole season after the opening losses to Kentucky and Ohio State. They produced the nation's 8th best passing offense, which will be seeing a mediocre pass defense in Pitt. Can Dion Lewis carry the load for Pitt and lead them to victory?

My Pick:[​IMG] 34-20

[​IMG]

#12 [​IMG] v #6 [​IMG]

The Michigan Wolverines lost a hearbreaker in their season finale against Ohio State which cost them the Big10 title. They have had that game on their mind for weeks and Georgia Tech is standing in their way of shaking that monkey from their back. The Yellow Jackets have the nations best rush offense and a very good defense. Michigan will look to stop the triple option with the nations 7th best rush defense, and a defensive unit that likes to force turnovers.

My Pick:[​IMG] 24-21

[​IMG]

#4 [​IMG] v #7 [​IMG]

The SEC Champion LSU Tigers made it to the AllState Sugar Bowl to take on the Horned Frogs from TCU. After falling to North Carolina and the goat loving Cornhuskers, LSU went on a tear, winning every game since including beating the Crimson Tide and Kentucky in the SEC Championship. TCU is coming off another very good year. TCU holds only 1 ranking outside the top 10 in every category, and that is the 17th ranked turnover differential. #4 in scoring offense, #10 in rush offense, #7 in pass offense, 3rd best rush defense, and 7th best pass defense fuel the Horned Frogs. LSU is going to need to play a very good game.

My Pick:[​IMG] 21-20

[​IMG]
    2010-2011 SH BCS National Championship

#2 [​IMG] v #1 [​IMG]

This is it folks! The National Championship game! Our nation's champion will be decided on this field in moments! Two teams bring high octane offenses to Glendale, looking to seal the crystal ball. With only one loss between them (a 24-10 heart breaker for Ohio St against Miami), these teams have beaten the nations best. Boise St needed to run the table and they did just that. They believe they have deserved to be here for years. They finally get their shot. Boise St has the nations 2nd best scoring offense, 3rd best total offense, which includes the 2nd best pass offense in the country. On defense, they are no slouch either. The countries #1 defense will be dressed in orange and blue for this one going against the Buckeyes. Kellen Moore won the Heisman, and has led this team for years. Is it his time to shine? Or will Terrelle Pryor emerge as a leader? It's time to strap on the gear. I believe the winner of the 2010-2011 SH National Championship will be....

[​IMG] Boise St 35-28

[​IMG]

Good luck to everyone! For those I picked against, especially ryty, PROVE ME WRONG!!!!

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Grade A work right here.. excellent stuff cimmy!!

3. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Good job cimmy

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Nice job Cimmy.

I hope Frisk records/airs the Iowa/Kentucky game..

That is one I would definitely watch!

5. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Good stuff Cimmy.. I like the cpu upsets you got setup here.. Boise State showed Tracy how tough they are, so I am sure ryty is gunna be in a dogfight..

6. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Good job Cimmy, I like how you ruffled some feathers with your CPU picks. I hope we can shut down that Triple Option, it's gonna be tough.

7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Yeah, when I was hell bent on picking ryty to win, but then I looked at the game preview...Boise is ranked high in everything! It won't be easy. The triple option is usually pretty easy to stop for me...but there are times when they'll bust a big play on me.

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Co-Sign!

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

How the heck does Alabama go to the Rose and Michigan go to the Orange Bowl............UGH

10. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

good work.