SH College Gameday: S2 Wk 6

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

SH College Gameday: S2 Wk 6

SATURDAY HEROES

[​IMG]

Week 6 Edition

[​IMG] v [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    State College, PA

Welcome college football fans! We are coming to you live from Happy Valley in State College, Pennsylvania for the annual meeting between the Nittany Lions of Penn State and the Ohio State Buckeyes! This crowd is blanketed in a sea of white, and the Nittany Lion faithful are looking to whiteout the top ranked Buckeyes! The students are filing in through Gate A after spending the entire week camped out in front of the stadium in what is known as Paternoville. If you're here to see Penn State, you are dressed in white. Everyone who isn't in white, is either event staff, or a Buck-Nut. There are plenty of Ohio St faithful here this week even though the Bucks fell in the polls...

Rank Team LW
    1 [​IMG] 2
    2 [​IMG] 3
    3 [​IMG] 1
    4 [​IMG] 4
    5 [​IMG] 5
    6 [​IMG] 6
    7 [​IMG] 7
    8 [​IMG] 8
    9 [​IMG] 10
    10 [​IMG] 11

Ohio State falls to #3 and the Iowa Hawkeyes jump up to the #2 spot. Alabama rolls to the top of the boards. The Penn State Nittany Lions found themselves in the top 10, as they move up to 10th this week, getting themselves some glory. QB Kevin Newsome is leading this team up the boards and could see himself on the top QB list in the near future...

Top User QBs
    Name Team Notes
    Blaine Gabbert [​IMG] Still one of the leading passers, but isn't showing the yardage numbers like others. 10 TDs, 1 INT, 1,207 YDs.
    John Brantley [​IMG] Brantley is emerging as a QB. Has taken over the 2nd spot, needs to pay attention to who he is throwing it to. 12 TDs, 9 INTs, 1,428 YDs.
    Morgan Newton [​IMG] Newton continues to throw passes, without throwing an interception. 6 TDs, 1,240 YDs, 61% completion.

Top User HBs
    Name Team Notes
    Donald Russell [​IMG] Russell is emerging as a great back. 8 TDs, 639 YDs, 0 Fum on 98 Atts.
    Brandon Richardson [​IMG] Richardson is simply, Richardson. He is a surefire leader of this team. 9 TDs, 637 YDs, 0 Fum on 105 Atts.
    Wegher [​IMG] Wegher is still putting up numbers, despite sharing the backfield. Needs to hold onto the ball. 5 TDs, 576 YDs, 3 Fum.
    Trent

Top User WRs
    Malcolm Williams [​IMG] Williams is still the top user WR, but the list above him total is substantial with everyone else. 20 Recs, 3 TDs, 403 YDs.
    Rolandis Woodland [​IMG] Still Gabberts favorite target. 18 Recs, 3 TDs, 371 YDs.
    Jake Stoneburner [​IMG] Still a leading TE in the league. 9 Recs, 4 TDs, 137 YDs,

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Top User D
    Name Team Notes
    Danny Trevathan [​IMG] Trevathan is at it again this year, making the offenses cry. 27 Tkls, 10 TFLs, 1 Sack
    Will Compton [​IMG] Big Red Nation should be happy to see Compton on the list. He is producing. 26 Tkls, 6 TFLs, 2 Sacks
    Michael Yancich [​IMG] Yancich leads the linebacking corps at Linebacker U. 26 Tkls, 2 TFLs, 1 FR

The players listed above surely lead there teams to contend for championships every week. Student athletes are a form of success when they can produce what these kids are producing for their schools and still hitting the books. It takes a lot of dedication to be in their shoes and they are pulling it off.

Now on to the week 6 picks. Last week saw a lot of movement on the top of the polls, and with the games we have this week, it could be no different.

Column 1
    #20 [​IMG] Florida v #4 [​IMG] LSU
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    A massive SEC match up with everything on the line for both teams. LSU is staring another SEC Championship as well as a possible walk to the NCG in the eye, but the Florida Gators want to make this season a special one.
    My Pick:[​IMG] 24-21
    [/CENTER]

Column 1
    #21 [​IMG] Missouri v #19 [​IMG] Nebraska
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Another monumental conference meeting, this time between the Cornhuskers of Nebraska and the Missouri Tigers. Gabbert has been a leader all season, but the Huskers have turned up their defensive heat. Which side will prevail?
    My Pick:[​IMG] 17-14

Column 1
    #7 [​IMG] Texas v [​IMG] Oklahoma
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The Red River Rivalry is upon us and these two teams absolutely hate each other, which offense comes on top in this one?
    My Pick:[​IMG] 27-17

#10 [​IMG] v #4 [​IMG][/CENTER]

Now folks, it is the moment you have all been waiting for! Ohio State brings it's highpower offense to Happy Valley to try and take down this defense that is one of the best in the nation. Is Pryor ready for this crowd? For this environment? These fans are ready, this town is ready, the nation is ready to watch these two powers collide in front of 110,000 screaming fans, blanketed in WHITE!

[​IMG]

[YOUTUBE]gZxxh1TeXcU[/YOUTUBE][YOUTUBE]rvLKszZAx4Y[/YOUTUBE]​

2. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Good stuff as usual Cimmy.. Hope I can prove your Mizz/Neb pick wrong!!

3. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Great work Cimmy! i look forward to this piece every week. Very good work, i would like to see similar work from other coaches in SH!

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

good stuff cimmycat

5. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

EAD!

im workin on it

6. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

excellent content Cimmy, I enjoy this every time..

Well Newton will fall because of his injury being out 5-6 weeks. Russell lost a fumble against SC (forgot the conservative shit) and Trevathan is just sick nasty! :D

7. Emmdotfrisk

Trevathan can suck it. he aint got shit on Rivers

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Rivers = MLB
    Trevathan = OLB

I have to package sub Trevathan onto the field in different sets cause he is my best LB and gotta get him on the field!

9. Emmdotfrisk

Rivers could play OMLB any day of the week. And don't forget about my OLB Gibson ;)

10. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

[​IMG]

11. Emmdotfrisk

[​IMG]