SH College Gameday

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

SH College Gameday

SATURDAY HEROES

[​IMG]

Week 10 Edition

#1 [​IMG] @ #13 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Welcome to College Gameday in TF's premier PS3 league, Saturday Heroes. I will be bringing this to you weekly focusing on a key matchup every week and bringing you breaking news from the college football world within Saturday Heroes. This may evolve into a radio program like I did last year, but for now, enjoy the read!

Week 10 brings a huge SEC matchup in Baton Rouge, LA between the #1 Alabama Crimson Tide and coach Forever, against the 13th ranked Tigers of LSU under the reigns of coach Controller. The fans in Baton Rouge are ready to see their Tigers shine and try to give the Tide their first loss of the season, but who will be on the sidelines for the Bayou Bengals? Coach CA is not available this week and his Tigers could be led by an outside party from another conference. Before we dive into this game, I want to cover some other news concerning Saturday Heroes.

Looking at the polls going into this week, our gamers are battling for a shot at the BCS title, but all are led by coach Forever and his undefeated Crimson Tide.

Top 10
    1 [​IMG] Alabama 7-0 (5-0)
    2 [​IMG] USC 7-0 (4-0)
    3 [​IMG] West Virginia 7-0 (3-0)
    4 [​IMG] Michigan 8-0 (4-0)
    5 [​IMG] Boise St 8-0 (3-0)
    6 [​IMG] Ohio St 8-1 (5-0)
    7 [​IMG] Virginia Tech 7-1 (4-0)
    8 [​IMG] Iowa 7-1 (3-1)
    9 [​IMG] Texas 6-2 (5-0)
    10 [​IMG] TCU 8-1 (5-0)

Looking at the top 10, one thing is for certain, if you aren't undefeated at seasons end, you better hope nobody else is. The top 5 teams are all unbeaten thus far on the year and any one of them could make the title game in January. Alabama and USC are the heavy favorites as they have held the top spot for a majority of the season. West Virginia and Michigan are two teams that area a bit of a surprise. Not many believed they would be where they are, but they are making noise. Boise St dropped from #3 last week to #5, as people continue to question their strength of schedule. Looking at these teams, there is no question why they are where they are. Alabama is 2nd in the nation for rushing offense, they are #1 in points per game, and #1 in rushing TDs. They also have the best defense in the country, only giving up 1,281 yards to this point. They are 5th in pass defense behind #5 Boise St, #3 WVU, Utah, and #21 Penn State. The biggest stat for this Crimson Tide team, is rushing yards allowed. They are #1, only giving up 111 yards to this point. They are #1 in points allowed with 62 as well. No, this isn't me sucking on the teet that is Alabama, who showed my Nittany Lions a whooping in week 2, this is statistical dominance by the top ranked team. They will be challenged this week however by the Tigers of LSU.

Looking at the conference standings, the races are tight and dramatic. We will see championships decided in the last weeks.

Big Ten
    1 [​IMG] Michigan 8-0 (4-0)
    2 [​IMG] Ohio St 8-1 (5-0)
    3 [​IMG] Iowa 7-1 (3-1)
    4 [​IMG] Wisconsin 5-2 (2-2)
    5 [​IMG] Penn State 5-3 (2-2)

SEC East
    1 [​IMG] Kentucky 8-1 (5-1)
    2 [​IMG] South Carolina 5-3 (3-3)
    3 [​IMG] Florida 6-3 (4-3)

SEC West
    1 [​IMG] Alabama 7-0 (5-0)
    2 [​IMG] LSU 6-2 (5-0)
    3 [​IMG] Arkansas 5-3 (3-2)

Big XII North
    1 [​IMG] Kansas 5-3 (3-1)
    2 [​IMG] Missouri 3-4 (2-2)
    3 [​IMG] Nebraska 5-3 (3-2)

Big XII South
    1 [​IMG] Texas 6-2 (5-0)
    2 [​IMG] Texas Tech 5-3 (4-2)
    3 [​IMG] Baylor 4-4 (3-2)

The Big10 does not have a conference championship game to decide the winner, but the Michigan v Ohio State game could be it. Those two teams are the top of the conference along with Iowa who has 1 blemish on the season in conference. The Buckeyes lost a hearbreaker to Miami early in the season. Michigan is shocking the world, but not the members of SH. Coach JCA has proven himself in the past. In the SEC you will find the Kentucky Wildcats leading their division and again, not a surprise to the normal Saturday Heroes. Coach Knight comes over from the 360 to prove he isn't a one console wonder and he is doing just that. The BigXII seems to be a one horse race with Texas taking care of business and no real challengers in the North. Kansas is surprising everyone in that divison.

Before we get to my picks for this week, I want to talk about some hardware. The Heisman trophy. The nations top player will receive this honor at season's end, but who will it be? Well, for our Saturday Heroes, they will need to pick it up. Boise St's finest are leading the way. WR Titus Young is currently the favorite and QB Kellen Moore is close behind him. TCU QB Andy Dalton is 3rd and Pitt Panther HB Dion Lewis is 4th. In the 5th spot you will find the only SH'er and that is Alabama HB Mark Ingram, who fell despite a 160 yard, 1 TD performance against Tennessee. As the season progresses and it comes down to the wire, I will update this better with more detail. As for now, it seems the guys who aren't playing hard defenses, are getting the nod. I hope this changes.

Picks of the Week
    1 [​IMG] @ [​IMG] Hackgolfer and his Tigers finally find their grove, but travel to Lubbock to face a charging Red Raiders squad. Two high power passing teams face off, best defensive performance decides it. Mizzou has allowed only 1,580 passing yards and 128 points to Tech's 2,491 and 256. My Pick: Mizzou 45-41
    2 [​IMG] @ [​IMG] Texas should have no trouble in this one as KSU does not have the defense for this offense. My Pick: Texas 35-10.
    3 [​IMG] @ [​IMG] A big matchup for the Bears. A win keeps them alive for the hunt in the South, a loss to a tough Okie St team and next year is on their mind. Oklahoma St has weapons on both sides of the ball. Will it be enough? My Pick: Ok St 28-21.

Now it is time for the head gear!

#1 [​IMG] @ #13 [​IMG]

These two teams are ready to do battle in Baton Rouge! Coach Frisk from the Iowa Hawkeyes seems to be the replacement in the absence of Coach CA and what a pick up for the Tigers! This is CA's team, but if you are going to have one coach from outside the SEC step in, this would be one of the best choices you could make. Alabama dominates the stats with the #1 Just-About-Everything. Will the 21st ranked defense be able to stop this top ranked offense? The Tigers haven't put up the numbers offensively to show promise, 52nd in PPG and 101st in total offense. Jefferson will need to throw better passes and not give up turnovers. Ridley is leading the team rushing, but only 52.7 YPG and 2 TDs to this point is nothing to write home about. Toliver is by far this teams best player and will be the key for this offense. However, this Crimson Tide team knows that too. This defense will come after the Tigers in Death Valley and make it hard to move the football. When the Tide have the ball in hand, McElroy will shine. 1,449 passing yards and 18 TDs to 4 INTs is what you want in a QB. Let us not forget about Mark Ingram. 1,284 yards and 14 TDs so far is phenominal! Watch out Baton Rouge! You are on the verge of getting Rolled!

My Pick: [​IMG] Alabama 35-24

[​IMG]

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Updated! Hope you guys like it!

3. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Nice job, sir! Well written....

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Great Job Cimmy. Too bad CA is gone, that bama LSU game is the biggest one of the season......maybe they could have played if Noles would get his games in ;)

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Thanks. Haha, knight is a busy guy wooing his wo-man. CA would put up one heluva fight. I originally had the score 35-17, but I know you play well, especially running the ball. Might have been smarter to go something where Bama scores less points, but Ingram is doing work.

6. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

Do work Cimm!

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

There is no wooing a women, it was more like tipping the cups/bottles over the weekend.

But damn it that number in the loss column really stings right now..... uhhhhh

8. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

excellent write-up Cimm.

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Knight, yeah it hurts, but you got the SEC East in a strangle hold with Miss St, Vandy, and Tennessee left on the docket in the SEC and Nebraska OOC. UT being the biggest challenge, but nothing real major. Definitely beatable. My tip to you, get that defense ready for Alabama.

10. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

great job cimmy as always

11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

This will be a weekly feature...prepare for a string of Big10 games tho....unfortunately for me, they will involve a load of Buckeye talk....