SH (Y3) Recruiting Insider

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Oct 27, 2010.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Saturday Heroes (Y3)
    Recruiting Insider
    [​IMG]

Every year in college football, young men battle on the field to prove who has the better team. Not only does it take talent to achieve goals in this game but you need to have dedication. Guys struggle on and off the field during the spring just so they can one day be called a Saturday Hero. I will be listing the top recruiting users in SH this year. Starting in Week 2 here is your top 12.
    #1 [​IMG]
    • :5stars: Jason Simmons - Looks too good to be true for Diddy. A+ speed dipped with A acceleration equals pick six if he can get his hands on the ball. Notice I said if. Simmons has been talking a lot about being able to make the big plays for Urban Meyer yet his doubters say he has stones for hands. What he lacks in the catching department he sure makes up for in his coverage skills. Simmons is also smart at recognizing the play calls which should help him immensely. Did I mention he is 6'2?
    • :5stars: Jared Jordan - Just think, one day, you will have Simmons on one side and this dude JJ to complement him. Damn, wish I picked a different conference because it is going to be tough to pass on these guys. Jordan is almost exactly the same but he is 6'1. He lacks the ability to shed blocks so look for him to work on that before he gets on the field.
    • :5stars: Jermaine Morris - Morris comes in at 6'1 295 pounds and looks to be a great blocker in the near future. His footwork has been highly touted but he has to work on his overall skills of pass & run blocking. Morris chose UF over SEC foe Alabama and Pac Ten powerhouse USC.
    • :4stars: Markell Sutton - Sutton looks to be a great addition to this Gator defense. Above average abilities to cover and shed blocks. The chatter about Sutton is his tackling. Sutton no doubt will be a threat to runners on the gridiron.
    • :4stars: Luis Blankenship - Luis comes in with very good skills to become a great lineman for the Florida Gators. The only things he needs to work on is run block footwork, agility and awareness. A redshirt and practice should improve his weakness. Blankenship adds great depth to the roster. Very good pick-up.
    • :4stars: Phil Williams - Phil isn't going to wow people with his skills or speed but he is a DT. He doesn't need too much speed. He does need skill. Williams is strong and has some power moves that have created some hype among the SEC world. He comes in with average tackling, finesse moves and block shedding abilities. His pursuit isn't too shabby either. A little work and he could end up starting his junior or senior year.
    • :4stars: James Hall - Florida picked up a nice quarterback here that fits their style of offense. Fast with 4.50 speed for a QB, who can move and break tackles. His only downfall is the accuracy of his passes. If he can improve that just a tad look for him to be a quality starter for the next few years.
    • :4stars: Gary Norton - Florida nabs the #1 OLB in this year's recruiting class. At 6'2 222, Norton doesn't have game breaking speed. That might not matter because he has a good eye for recognizing plays and can make the tackle. Norton might not start his first year because of his under average ability to get off the block and pursue the play. He can rock with the best of them and is very strong.
    • :4stars: Matthew Pettway - Pettway provides more depth to the UF roster. At 6'4 320, he is a big strong boy. He is much better at run blocking than pass blocking. His HS highlight tapes show that he can make those impact blocks needed to break big gains.
    #2 [​IMG]
    • :5stars: Cody Brewer - Brewer is what LSU needs in their backfield to contend for SEC titles. At 6'2 195, he will be a force to reckon with. Not only does he have the power to run you over, he has the moves to juke by you. He is very elusive and has great vision.
    • :4stars: Tony Parrish - At 6'5 251 pounds, Parrish brings fear into the minds of a runner. Usually, you would see this size when running to the outside. However, Parrish has the speed to play at the middle linebacker position. Parrish might not be starter till his Junior or Senior year. That isn't his fault, he is just coming in behind some guys who are a little better than him. The knock on this guy is his lack of defending against receivers and his focus on wrapping up the ball carrier.
    • :4stars: Kevin Banks - With decent speed on the end look for Banks to take a year off with a redshirt and come back hungry. All he really needs to work on is getting away from the blocker unfortunately, that is the most crucial part of being a defensive end. Banks' tackling is what scouts are raving about.
    • :4stars: Tim Kirkpatrick - Tim comes in with just average skills to play guard. He does possess very nice pass blocking footwork and strength. Look for Kirkpatrick to redshirt and sit the bench a year or two before seeing the field. He needs to develop his skills and learn the playbook in and out.
    • :4stars: Darrell Lowery - Lowery isn't going to impress you with his speed. 4.70 speed is less than stellar but the boy can cover and knows how to tackle. With very good hands and the ability to jump look for him to make plays in the future. This would be a great pick-up if he had a little better speed but that is something you can't teach. What he lacks in speed he makes up for in technique.
    • :4stars: Nick Ryan - Another need that the Tigers had to address with Ryan at Tackle. A lot of work will have to be put into Ryan. Much like the :4stars: G Kirkpatrick, Nick Ryan has quality pass blocking footwork and strength. He just has to improve his run block techniques.
    • :4stars: Jerome Rhoden - Rhoden played WR in high school but it isn't his catching abilities that have the coaches talking. Jerome played both ways but was used on offense in the screen game. The only way Rhoden starts is at cornerback. With decent size, 6'0 188, look for Rhoden to find the field in a year or two.
    • :3stars: Jim Mayo - Not really sure why LSU chose to go after Mayo considering they only have 14 roster spots and this guy isn't really anything special. Average speed & cover skills makes him just another cornerback buried on the depth chart. Oh wait, that's why he was sought after. The depth chart is skinny at the cornerback position. The one thing Mayo does bring to the table is his size. At 6'2 he is a mammoth among the average cornerback.
    • :3stars: Anthony Clemons - Clemons is under average in a lot of his skills needed to play center. LSU needed to fill the needs for next year so they grabbed Clemons. Anthony is a work in progress who might not ever start at LSU.
    • :3stars: Nick Reid - Did the scouts mess up on this guy or what? After looking at his ratings, there is no way he will ever start on defense at LSU. Maybe on special teams but not in the secondary especially with the lack of speed. Must have been another need we had to fill.
    • :2stars: Adam Langford - For a :2stars:, Langford is a bit better than expected. His footwork is excellent. If or when the Tigers call on him to make a short yardage dash he just might be able to do it. The fullback was a need for LSU so they got what they wanted.
    #3 [​IMG]
    • :5stars: Mark Bracken - Can Alabama give anybody a great running back? Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson are gone finally and now we get this guy? Bracken has the whole college football world talking. Alabama fans are anxious and excited while everybody else is gasping at the thought of having to tackle this man. Mark has the ability to take it to the house on any play with 4.32 speed. With all his raw talent, I don't see Bracken starting his first year. I believe he will redshirt. He needs to work on his receiving and blocking abilities. The boy can juke his butt off and slip through the tightest holes the line provides. Bracken could be the next Dexter McCluster.
    • :5STARS: Brian Johnson - Well, can't say you're surprised to see another tandem come in as Alabama has Ingram and Richardson. Brian has good speed and can make you miss more times than not. Johnson isn't an up the middle type runner. He is made for runs to the outside to get defenders in the open. So, you can't really get on him for his lack of strength and power.
    • :4stars: Clayton Hunter - Clayton Hunter, the ball hawking predator signs with his beloved Crimson Tide. At 5'9 160, Hunter is in trouble if he has to match-up with some of the bigger wide receivers in college football. However, the boy can cover his ass off. For his size, he can press pretty good as well. Hunter might need to hit the gym and needs to learn how to tackle a little better. His ability to recognize plays has him ahead of most cornerbacks coming in as freshman. Hunter can be a star in the future.
    • :4stars: Cedrick Pleasant - Very good pick up for the Tide to help in the secondary. Pleasant is fast, recognizes plays very well and can cover in man or zone. He does need to work on shedding blocks, pursuit and tackling. Pleasant comes in at the ATH position but most definitely has to be moved to CB. He played both ways in high school but is more of a threat on defense.
    • :3STARS: Tim Woods - Woods comes in as a JUCO MLB. I think Woods will start his senior year and be a great addition for Alabama. With already great abilities to shed blocks and pursue the ball carrier he is on his way. He just needs to get in the film room and sharpen his tackling skills.
    • :3stars: Ty Bullock - Bullock is below average on a lot of skills that are needed to play DT in the SEC. The three things he has going for him: strength, power moves and ability to pursue the play. He will need to fine tune everything else in order to hit the gridiron for the Crimson Tide.
    • :3stars: Phil Dawson - Dawson could be something for the Tide if he can sharpen his coverage skills up. A very good tackler with strength and hit power. Dawson does need to hit the gym up as he is kind of small for a linebacker.
    • :3stars: Eddie Gore - Gore is a heavy hitter. The only problem is he has horrible speed that won't help him in the SEC. The other bad thing for him is he can't cover in zone. Gore can cover well in man. I don't know if Gore will ever start because of the lack of speed. Maybe look for Gore to hit the gym and add some pounds to make the move to linebacker.
    #4[​IMG]
    • :5stars: Bob Duncan - Have you seen some of Duncan's HS highlights? If not, you should check them out. Amazing, one word to describe some of the plays he made. Pure speed, looks kind of like Jordan Shipley but is much faster. That is the scary part. Duncan could very well start his freshman year.
        • [B][COLOR=rgb(0, 255, 0)][SIZE=13px][LIST][*][SIZE=6][B][SIZE=13px][LIST][*][COLOR=rgb(255, 255, 255)][U]Andrew Cannon[/U] - Cannon has good speed for a tight end. His pass catching skills are good but could get better. If they do, he will be a legend at tight end for the Longhorns. We'll just have to wait and see if he possesses the work ethic needed to get to the next level. [/COLOR]
          [/LIST][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE]
          [/LIST][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]
    • :4stars: Tyler Wallace - Tyler has what every player wants and what every coach wishes they had more of. SPEED. Wallace is the recipe to stopping those high powered air attacking Big 12 offenses. His only set back is that he wasn't taught how to properly wrap up on a guy. That will change. Considering he has the mindset to prove people wrong.
    • :4stars: Ben Bryant - Fast, can pursue the ball carrier and wraps up the right way. Ben is also very strong and makes runners not want to come his way again. A solid :4stars: recruit for the Longhorns that will start and be a heavy contributor to this team's success.
    • :4stars: Wallace Holland -
    #5[​IMG]
    • :4stars: Mickey Mitchell - Mickey isn't very fast. Nor is he above average in most of his ratings. He does have the heart and dedication to make one day a great football player. Maybe 1-2 years of growth and you might have a deadly pass catcher. Because if he gets the ball, his ability to brush off defenders is what sets him apart.
    #6 [​IMG]
    • :5stars: Arnold Frye - This is the type of guy who makes defensive coordinators salivate at the mouth. Frye should come in and start somewhere. His 4.26 speed will allow him to make plays anywhere on the field. Whether it is in the backfield or on a deep ball to the endzone. Some say he is the next Taylor Mays. He isn't as tall as Mays but the man can lay the lumber. Someway, somehow this dude needs to play. You might happen to find him in the slot for JoePA.
    • :4stars:James Brewster- A good pick-up for Penn State in Brewster. James might need some time to sharpen his skills but he will definitely be a force on the Nittany Lion O-Line.
    • :3stars:James Jones - Penn State is known as Linebacker U. Jones will be crafted into a great defender. The problem is, when? That is what many are asking about this young man. At outside linebacker, he already is at a disadvantage in the speed department. He doesn't make up for it in the tackling, coverage or block shedding departments either. Look for Jones to emerge his Junior or Senior year.
    #7[​IMG]

#8 [​IMG]
    • :3stars:Jake Holt - Jake is a hometown boy. Growing up in Cedar Falls, Iowa, he has dreamed of the day where he would dress up in Black and Yellow and hit the field to defend for his beloved state. He might not be the next Broderick Binns or Adrian Clayborn but he has the dedication and work ethic to one day become a starter. He is the modern day Rudy but much bigger and stronger.
    #9 [​IMG]
    • :3stars:Bill Holley- Bill Holley has been called average all his life. The man is sick and tired of it. His friends and family told him to not be surprised if the big town team Ohio State didn't call him this year. Well, he decided to not wait and signed with the Missouri Tigers. He isn't the best lineman to ever come to Missouri but he has the chance to prove he could be the best lineman to ever play for Missouri. His hard work ethic and time could determine his destiny.
    • :3stars:Derrick Bryant- Face it, Bryant isn't a show-stopper by any means necessary. A little work and he is ready to go for the Tigers. Bryant knows how to chase down defenders. All the talk surrounding this fella is his monstrous hits he displays. He has believers out there, that is for sure.
    #10 [​IMG]

#11-12
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Very nice work!

3. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Good stuff CA.. Thanks for calling my Mizzou boys out as average joes...

4. BG

BG On The Rize!

Good reading!

5. controllerabuser

Well, I wanted to update the whole thing but couldn't. Took me a couple hours to get the 1st four teams done. When I had finished Texas, I went to hit preview and it showed up with some of the teams in black font. So, I tried to switch Texas to white and it doesn't look like the other white fonts. Then I tried to change it back and now it is all messed up. I will try to update it later but I am just so frustrated with it right now.

6. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

You got mine done that's all I care about good job CA.

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Kentucky 0 recruits signed thus far, 0 recruits signed for the entire season..... SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

8. controllerabuser

I'll give it a go later on today.. Maybe I'll just put everybody's text to green or something.

9. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

LMAO.. You like that Heisman recruiting I see.... I only have 3 so far myself.. Wonder how Mike is doin with Baylor

10. KnightNoles

It doesn't matter what the recruiting difficulty is...

11. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I currently have 0. But, the guys that I really want, I am closing in on here by the time I play A&M next week.

Mike

12. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I apologize for postin' in y'all forums but that is a nice in-depth review CA... very good read... glad to see someone else besides us on Heisman recruiting... Noles it will be a bitch for you but its possible to have a great class... we have NDColts using Illinois and he's bagging 3 star recruits without a problem and a couple of four stars, he has like 10 recruits so far midseason...

Anyway, great post CA

13. T2

T2 Smarter than your average bear!

damn ca throw Big Red under the bus... i guess i shouldnt have blasted ya for skipping your score.

Come on Controllerabuser Ford Producer.... help a brother out!

14. KnightNoles

ahhhh shit whats the world coming to?!?!? UK with 3 soft commits? whaaaaaaaaaat?

15. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Baylor picks up 3 hard commits after week 9. Another 2-3 soft's also.

Mike

16. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

I'll throw a review of them together tonight. You can cut and paste.

17. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Curious what your thoughts are on Wallace Holland. Thanks for doing this content man. We need more of it honestly I love this stuff.

I think I found a major sleeper recruit last night, Ill post more on him after I have him locked up at Texas...he is a beast though...man I couldnt believe it when looking at him..

18. controllerabuser

Honestly, Bruce, I think Wallace might be better than the :5stars: TE Andrew Cannon. His skills were about on par with Cannon but I don't fully remember.