Shake n' Bake NCAA 14 Dynasty

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HarkTheSound, May 30, 2013.

1. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Hey fellas.

It's about that time of year once again. If you've been out of the loops in regards to news on the game this year, I'll provide links to EA's blog detailing each of the upgrades that are gonna be in NCAA 14.

Gameplay Video:

Gameplay Changes: https://www.easports.com/ncaa-football/news/article/ncaa-football-14-gameplay-blog

Presentation Changes: https://www.easports.com/ncaa-football/news/article/ncaa-football-14-presentation

Sights and Sounds: https://www.easports.com/ncaa-football/news/article/ncaa-football-14-presentation-blog

Dynasty Upgrades: https://www.easports.com/ncaa-football/news/article/ncaa-football-14-dynasty

If you need any more information there's a lot more out there on the internet.

I sent most of the guys I'd like back a message on xbox live about returning this year. I haven't decided if I want us to go back to 12 members or to just stick with our core group and move forward. I'll wait and see. Anyway, let me know if you're interested in coming back for another year!

2. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I'm STRONGLY considering not getting the game this year. Knowing me, I'll probably break down the last week or so and get it. So I guess I've been kinda procrastinating one replying because I'm just not sure if I'll even get it or not. I might just wait a week or two and see what kind of stuff the community uncovers this year.

I guess to make it simple, if I end up getting the game, I'm in.

4. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I know we say it every year...but this looks like it could be THE year for this game. I even saw they have Nebraska's Sea of Red right this year, haha. It is essentially the last NCAA on this gen of consoles (since the focus will be on the next gen ones next year) so this will be among the last games I buy for the 360. There are strong rumors that you will be able to import current gen NCAA draft classes to next gen Madden, so I'm excited about that.

We're gonna go with a two conference setup this year to give people more user games and to have balanced competition across the board...right now the ACC is definitely one of those conferences, it just depends on what the other will be depending on interest (NOT including the SEC).

5. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yea, I've heard great things but I'm just waiting to jump on the bandwagon this year lol. I think two conferences would be good especially if we keep the core group we had.

6. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Yeah I think having more user games would increase the fun a bit cause having the conferences spread out the last 2 seasons has dampened the competitiveness I feel like.

I don't have a list of teams everyone is going to be yet since we don't know the second conference but I would be UNC, YoungC would be Miami, and Roggie would be either Virginia Tech or Michigan depending on who other people choose.

7. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I say we do a team draft. I can assign a random number to every person in the league then randomize the numbers through a website, and we pick teams in that order.

8. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Honestly, the most fun OD I've ever had was the all-ACC one we all first ran in together. If it's just he 9-10 of us that were around the majority of last year would anyone be interested in a single conference?

9. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I think we're gonna stick with two simply because there was so many user games involved in that one and the pace was superrrr slow. I don't think we even made it past like 2 seasons anyway. 2 conferences should give us more time to play against one another while at the same time giving us the chance to keep up a solid pace. I think we've officially outlawed the SEC, so it's the ACC and whatever other conference most people go with - those probably being the Pac-12 or Big Ten.

10. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    It was great, but the pace was slower. We took like 4 months to get 2 seasons in.

11. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

I'm kind of in the same boat as huskers. I was really thinking about not getting the game this year. But as the release date nears and more information comes out on it, it seems to pull me in. Not to mention the fun I have in this OD. If(85% I will since I'll need something to tie me over to next gen) I get it I am certainly in.
    I suppose I will download the demo sometime this week and see how the gameplay feels.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  12. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

If you guys haven't had the time yet, go check out the demo. I love what I'm seeing so far. Oh, and welcome LSUTRUTH to the league :)

13. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Thanks for having me. I will be downloading the demo. I hope to play the entire release with this group.

14. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Everyone, welcome Hokie Effect and LeGeNd RiPs to the league. They're going to make fine additions to the league I imagine!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  15. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Thanks bud, I appreciate the opportunity and I'm really looking forward to some '14!

16. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    mboda
    BigBodySS
    hskr8128

We need to know by Monday if you guys are in. If we don't get an answer in that time, we will start looking to fill the spot.

Huskers, this gives you a few days to play the demo and allow you to decide whether or not you're buying the game.

17. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Thanks look forward to playing with a new group of guys.

18. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

Hey guys, I'm definitely interested in getting back in this year. I played the demo and it's pretty nice. I need to play some more to truly get a feel for it but the player movement feels more refined this year, no more arcade back and forth movements and stop-on-a-dime cuts from non-agile players.

My only reservation is my wife and I just had our first child and she works nights while I work days. She'll be going back to work the same week the game drops so I'm going to have my son all by myself for 3-4 nights a week. I'm willing to give it my best shot but if this causes any kind of a problem I'm more than happy to bow out so the dynasty doesn't bog down.

19. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Family always comes first. If you ever need an extension for a user game due to having your kid, we'll give you an extra day. Just make sure to let Logan or myself know ASAP if you know you're going to need an extra day so we don't advance it and stick you with a sim or an autopilot. Can't give more than a one day extension, though, so I can't promise that you won't be stuck getting simmed or put on AP for a game.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

That's totally fair, thanks guys.

21. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I remember the days of having an infant lay in my lap while I get my OD games in. Welcome to club crazy....

• Like Like x 2
  22. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Haha, those are the good days, its when they get big enough to move around that makes xbox time a bit more difficult lol.

Yea, I'm in for sure. I'm thinking about switching things up this year though and going with someone besides Nebraska but I'll wait and see how the conferences shake out first. Does anyone else know for sure what team they are running with?

23. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    The plan right now is to do a random order draft for team selection.

24. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    With what two conference? Or is that TBD still?

25. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Two conferences, 6 users per. Looks like it's probably going to be ACC and B1G, which would make Maryland unavailable at all due to them switching conferences after year one.