Shakeup in Eugene!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by OsirisMonster, Sep 10, 2010.

1. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Shakeup in Eugene!

Greetings everyone. I will soon be coming on board the Dad Life at the helm of the Oregon Ducks! I'm excited to join a highly active like the Dad Life. I lurked this forum for a few weeks before approaching Archie about the 12th spot in the dynasty to make sure it was a good fit for how I like to play the game and the level of interaction I enjoy to partake in away from the game. I liked what I saw.

As the new coach of the Ducks expect some changes from business as usual Oregon as I overhaul both the offensive and defensive identy of the Ducks on my quest for a plethora of Pac 10 championship!

I assure you I will post more soon but for now I have a just woken newborn fussing for attention. Talk to you all soon and thanks for having me in the league!

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Good to have you. Maybe we'll see each other again in the Rose Bowl.

3. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

Welcome i'm sure we will all enjoy putting our foot in your ass!

4. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

That's the goal of the 2011 Oregon Ducks. After the embarressing loss to Tennessee Oregon higher ups knew they needed to bring in someone that would turn their season around before starting pac 10 play or they may never reach the rose bowl again. Luckily I was available.

Got a few questions.

First, around playbooks. Are you allowed to change your style of play during the off season? The rules say during post season you can switch from one book to another within the same style but not if you could switch styles during the off season? I'm not much of a spread guy and want to move Oregon to a more pro style offense. They lack a TE though and I'm not one to pull a R-Rod and force play style when you lack the players to pull it off. I am planning on running Oregon with one back this season then look to switch to pro either next year or the following depending on when I can get a FB on the team that is decent.

Second, when is advance night?

5. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Changing styles in the off-season is fine. We just don't do it during the year. But, you are not tied to your team's current style. You can make whatever initial choice you like. No need to feel obligated to play like Oregon does now.

Advances are every 48 hours, so there are no set nights, since weeks have an odd number of days. We just advanced, so we will do so again on Sunday night, around 11-12.

6. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Perfect. My offense will be one back with Alabama playbook. Hard to go with a traditional 2-1-2 look when you have no FB on the roster.... :) I'll get there soon!

Still working on the defense. Most likely Multiple D book but I have to check out the sets from it. Might just stick with 4-3.

Edited: Spoke to soon. 4-3 it is. Multiple D book lacks too many useful formations.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'll put you down as Alabama and the 4-3. How about a two-advance window to makes changes? That work for you?

8. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

OM -

Welcome aboard! While I was hoping for an SEC team being added to the mix, I can't argue with havin' the Ducks involved. Are you from the Oregon area? An alum? Or do you just love the uni's? ;)

Either way, I'm hoping that you're a cool dude who proves worthy of sticking around for a while. (But just so you know, I'll be rooting for you to suck for a bit before you win any Pac-10 championships.) Aside from the recent slider drama, this is typically a fun, anti-bitchy group, so you should have a lot of blast in this league.

Good luck this season.

9. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Greeting. I'm not from Oregon but from the Seattle area. I went to PLU for college (won a division 3 national champ while I was there). I've never been able to play as my home town team and enjoy it but I've been a fan of Oregon through the past 20 years so decided to go with them! Hope to bring a strong tradtion of Pac 10 titles back to Eugene.

10. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Good luck to the Ducks, I had a blast running with them in the last phase. Glad to have ya

11. egofailure

Kissing the new guy's ass already? You're easy.

12. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Is what I said all that different from what you said?

13. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

just like mullen to be the 1st to bend over

14. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

really? is it all that different. fine, new guy you suck

15. egofailure

Hey now, I threw a couple of subtle digs! ;)

16. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I'll let my play on the field demonstrate my level of suckage....