Shawn Merriman released...

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Gyrene76, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

I think the Bills pick him up

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

He'd be decent opposite of Clay Matthews.

3. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I dont think so for the Bills, they dont want to spend any money this year. Maybe Denver or Houston if.

4. Gyrene76

heard Denver mentioned actually

5. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I wish he falls to my Eagles... we need a motivated person (or one playing for a contract) to knock some folks around for the rest of the year. But for some odd reason I think he's going to piss every team/GM off until he falls to a contender, just like Randy Moss. Wouldn't be surprised if they both ended up in New England before the year is through or maybe even the Jets. I don't understand why football doesn't push the trade deadline back to week 12 or something. Imagine all the moves contenders (and teams that are out of the hunt) would make to acquire a Merriman or Moss instead of releasing them. Just garbage. The Chargers could get back some decent stuff for Vincent Jackson if the trade deadline was week 12. Imagine all the contenders that would come calling...

6. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'd love to see the trade deadline moved back in football. It's definitely an entertaining part of the baseball season and hot stove month has become a really big deal. It would be awesome if football moved to something like this. Have the trade deadline around Thanksgiving. You still wouldn't see the amount of moves but it would be awesome to see some teams dumb veterans for draft picks etc.

7. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The Bills are desperate for OLB help but I don't see them making this move either. Merriman wouldn't want to play there and wouldn't want to resign his contract after this season. Just that simple.

8. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Lions need a LB more than anybody with all the injuries but I don't think schwartz would go after any guys like him or moss with character problems

9. Gyrene76

The Lions could do more with him than most teams.

I am starting to think in this day and age, Buffalo just doesn't have the appeal necessary to hold the interest of young stars. They want Dallas, New York, California, Jacksonville, etc.

Though Buffalo is a fine city, they just think snow and northeastern isolation. This is exactly what happened with Lebron James. Miami and New York both had bigger cities with a better night life, and unfortunately that seems to be very important these days.

10. Keller

I'm not going to disagree with you there. Its unfortunate that it has come to that but stars want to be treated like stars. It takes a character guy to really get drafted by a team, build his career there then want to stay there instead of chase $$$ or other interests. It doesn't happen very often and is why I think you see smaller teams like Buffalo struggling in this day and age.

11. Gyrene76

Yeah, the Buffalo was 3 superbowls from a dynasty...

I mean the Patriots would have been a second act of what the Bills could have done in the 90's, but they could never win. SO its not like we are talking Pittsburgh Pirates here. The Bills have history and it's weird to see them so bad lately.

12. Keller

Trust me, it bothers no one more than it bothers me. Consider yourself lucky you didn't watch the previous two overtime losses. So damn heart-wrenching and agonizing.

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

The only thing cool about Buffalo is that if the cops put a warrant out for your arrest you can get your ass to Canada with the quickness.

14. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

The Ravens could use him. They have had a non-existent pass rush for most of the season, so if he is healthy, he would obviously help out. Problem is that the Ravens are way down in the waiver wire order right now, so I wouldn't anticipate him ending up there. If he clears waivers, Merriman would seriously consider the Ravens as he has a great relationship with his mentor, Ray Lewis, which dates back to Merriman's time at Maryland.

15. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Jay Glazer and a few people in Buffalo have him actually being claimed by Buffalo. I'm shocked they are considering it.

16. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

As Fox reported, Bills are set to claim LB Shawne Merriman. Unless Buffalo changes its mind, Merriman will be a Bill.

Via Adam Scheftler

17. Gyrene76

that's what I thought...interesting eh?

18. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

The Titans just claimed Moss

19. Gyrene76

I saw that!!!

THat will be very interesting....their WR core is looking a lot better now (personality aside)

20. phbaseball1335

phbaseball1335 Walk On

Maybe not that interesting. Sounds like Kenny Britt is going to miss an extended period of time with his injury. Fisher even said there is a chance he could be out the rest of the season. Moss seems like an insurance policy in case Britt is done for the year.

21. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Britt is a bitch... I say that for two reasons... one, he killed my f'n Eagles... two, he didn't even look like he did anything... seriously he was on the sidelines last week chillin'... looks like he was benched more than injured (I know he wasn't benched but you get my point)