Shedding tackles right and left

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Juggernautblitz, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Shedding tackles right and left

I have been beaten a couple times in this season and past by guys that were able to shed basically every tackle and especially seemed to shed multiple tackles after catching with their WR's and were able to bust big YAC. I don't know if this is mad stick skills or mad button mashing of some sort but if 5 or 6 broken tackles by WR's are allowed then I wouldn't mind knowing how to do it.
    I'm sure I could figure it out on my own but I don't play much and haven't figured it out yet. Is it something on the right stick or stiff arms or what?

2. Joe0705

Joe0705 Banned

The hitstick is your friend :)

3. Juggernautblitz

So the right stick? I try to do it but guess I am not doing it correctly because I break a tackle here or there but I don't find myself catching a crossing pattern, shedding the trailing CB, bouncing off the FS, escaping the clutches of the DE from behind, then bowling over a LB on my way to the endzone. Is it circular or a mad up and down or what?

4. trutest

trutest Walk On

try the madden virtual running test in game. that'll answer your question

5. Juggernautblitz

Will do. Thanks.

6. JB21

JB21 Walk On

well as for harvin didnt use any hitstick he bounced off the first 2 defenders on his own and on the others i pressed a which i think is the stiff arm not sure but i keep pressing it alot when i think its a bulldoze thing for rbs

7. Juggernautblitz

Gotcha, I don't use the stiff arm but I guess I should practice with it. There was one other person last season that broke every single initial tackle after making a catch and usually busted another couple for huge YAC so just wondering if there is something simple I am missing.

8. JB21

JB21 Walk On

i know what you mean i see alot of people with rbs with low trucking just run over my guys and gain 10 yrds like nothing

9. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Does covering the ball prevent tackles? It seems to me that if someone was coming in to lay a big hit or to strip the ball that should prevent them

10. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Madden is a joke, players just randomly dominate or suck for no reason. It's totally random. I can have LT not fumble a whole season then fumble 3 times in one game.

11. JB21

JB21 Walk On

true indeed with madden

12. CaddilacRockBox

CaddilacRockBox 3 Star Recruit

Yep. I know how that is. I think Turner fumbled 4 times all last season, then in week 2 against the Steelers, he fumbled twice. I also hate how when you think you've got a fumble, it goes into the minigame, but when you actually want to try to fight for it and maybe take one away, it doesn't pop up.

13. JB21

JB21 Walk On

yep i be pressing the buttons to save my life and it will be on x for awhile it shows im winning and out of nowhere the other team wins the fumble

14. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

yeah a guy will fumble all alone, your guy falls on it and then after 10 seconds the other guy shows up, jumps on your guy and THEN the minigame starts. conversely, there is an iffy fumble in traffic and the ball is just awarded, FFTF needs to go. and random domination is indeed alive and well. Bucs like 65 rated horribad nickel CB singlehandedly owned me in a game.

one thing, is certain, some players have higher tkl breaking or stiffarm skill,s (WR Burleson Seattle) hes automatic for one shrug tackle, sadly he cant catch, but hes a guaranteed broken tackle, same for my low rated HB Forsett, maybe its something about KR/PR skilled guy (Harvin would apply). they just have a pre determined chance of getting away from the first guy without you having to do anything, if you know this, you can time up the next move and try and make a big play.