Shenanigans!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Parrothead, Feb 13, 2011.

1. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm calling shenanigans. UVA getting the call to the conference championship game? Ranked lower by the coaches, ranked lower in the BCS, weaker strength of schedule (based on opponents records). Shenanigans! [​IMG]

2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Clearly you are not familiar with the tiebreaker rules.

Three (or More) Team Tie
    (Once tie has been reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaker format is used)
    • 1. Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams

2. Records of the tied teams within the division.

3. Head-to-head competition vs. the team within the division with the best overall (divisional or conference) record, and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken first to last.

4. Overall record for non-divisional teams.

5. Combined record versus all common non-divisional teams.

6. Record versus common non-divisional with the best overall Conference (divisional) and non-divisional record and proceeding through the other common non-divisional teams based on their order of finish within the division.

7. The tied team with the highest ranking in the Bowl Championship Series Standings following the conclusion of regular season games shall be the divisional representative in the ACC Championship Game, unless the second of the tied teams is ranked within five-or-fewer places of the highest ranked tied team. In this case, the head-to-head results of the top two ranked tied teams shall determine the representative in the ACC Championship Game.

8. The representative shall be chosen by a draw.

3. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

They got it spot on....

Without the mumbo jumbo from the ACC and BCS, here is how it breaks down.

I own you...Well thats it! HAHAHAHAHAHHA SUCKA

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Perhaps you didn't look at the standings close enough. UVA beat me, correct. But he lost to VT, who lost to me. Step 1 is null at that point. :) Not a big deal, I just like calling Shenanigans.

5. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Gonna go with the blind squirrel reference here... :D

6. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    In that case let me break it down for you. Since #1 still has all of you guys tied it then eliminates VT with criteria #2. Then it goes to the the two team tiebreaker rules which gives the edge to Virginia because they beat you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

"within the division" means the record within that side of the conference. i.e., the Coastal division. We each lost one game in that division. Trust me, you're going to get all the way to #7 on this one, and I have a hard time believing EA programmed in all the tiebreaker logic. haha. Regardless, I'm fine as long as these conference championship games have been played and we're on bowl season by tomorrow night at 10 pm EST.

8. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

The SEC isn't being played till Tuesday morning. Though I could probably play tomorrow night as well.