shiftees complaint against duval (bucs vs texans)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Jan 29, 2011.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

he said he paused and sent duval a message and duval said it was the computer doing it.

2. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

it happens alot if u do a inside blitz with ur safteys doing man on man cover

3. natedawg212000

then he shouldn't be calling 5 man on man, ss blitzes

4. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Wether its him or CPU moving the players HE is still responsible and will be held accountable if it is againts rules.

Nate, any idea how many times this was done?

5. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

He went into practice mode last night and showed shiftee what it was and then I heard nothing more of it after that, this was last night from about 10:30 till midnight when this was going on. He was asking me if what he was doing should not be allowed and I was not exaclty sure what it was that was being done. I know today dunlap was moaning that he blitzed too much and ran the same defensive sets most of the game. What should I tell him about shiftee's complaint and I am not sure exactly what was being done. I need a little better description I guess. Duval did ask me if he could show me something today or tomorrow so maybe that will help me. He did say if it was deemed illegal he would not run it but did not think it was.

6. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I think this falls in line with the whole mix it up thing. If it happens a ton, its an issue. however some zone coverages do the same thing. Its not all the same. There are ways to keep it from happening. You can use man align and i believe they will move back to their assigned positions.

7. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Yeah I talked to dunlap and he said it was really a mix it up thing as well. That he manually would put Cushing between the NT and DE and blitzed him with man behind it about 75% of the time. After placing him there manually would user the NT creating an AI flaw and Cush would run untouched on that blitz most of the time.

8. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

I saw that as well when i played him recently, he didnt do it enough for it to become a problem, i did get an unblocked defender in the backfeild alot now i that i think about it.

This is what my problem with duval is, when i brought up the whole "andre is in the inside slot all game in your three wr on one side set, and in normal singleback, andre johnson is in the slot almost 75% of the time" His response was dont hate, madden does that automatically. Also added that if i have defensive coverage assignment function, then its on me, not him to change where my CBs line up at.
    I then told him about how i use to run the Houston PB and i know all about those formations and how i use to mannually take kenny brit OUT of the slot cuase it was a violation of OMFL sim rules... He never responded to that message

IMO if he feels that madden does it automatically, then its sim and fair. We all know that madden does stuff that is questionable automatically without any user input. That not the problem, when an owners uses those flaws to his advantage is where it turns into cheese.

I also feel like he might be "reblitzing", IMO the situtation that dunlap was talking about has "reblitzing" all over it, when someone moves a player into a gap, then moves another player right behind him, then 9 times out of 10, they have reblitzed both players to attack the same lineman, thus the unblocked defender in the backfield

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Man...either I don't play enough or am completely clueless. Or both.

I wouldn't even know how to do all this shit we're talking about. Maybe that is why I suck - I don't know how to cheat.

10. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I don't think there's any way that dunlap could really see if duval was really manually putting that LB there and then switching to the NT, is there?

11. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I asked dunlap that and he said he has played enough that he could tell when it was happening.

12. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

OK, heres the deal, I can tell you I have definitely played enough to tell when I guy has moved someone manually. However, i havent played him either. Everything you are describing if he is doing it is considered a nano. I will admit, i personally have difficulty with people who are good with using DL. They seem to abuse my Oline rather easily and can get pressure without blitzing and if they can get to the A gap, its even a bigger problem.

Im sure Dunlap has played his share of games to tell the difference. Creeping versus moving a guy right to the line is different. He could probably tell if the movement by the LB was manual because it would be quick. As for switching to NT, that wouldn't be noticeable at all.

I think it is important to note that not all "instant sacks" are AI issues. Ive been sacked quick before. Sometimes its just bad blocking or I take a short drop and it will happen so people have to take that into consideration before casting stones.

Lastly, not completely related to this subject but perhaps a little. In passing situations, the use of motion to combat blitzing might be a good idea. But before someone flies off the reservation, I mean you are allowed to hike the ball before the "receiver" (WR, TE, HB) comes to a stop as long as they are not going out for a pass. The reason I say this is that there are times I think it would be appropriate that sending to block a Slot DB who appears to be blitzing. Or as in the above case, if you think some one is blitzing up the middle, hike the ball when the TE is in the middle to block a blitzing LB to clog the middle for more time. Again, only a suggestion.

13. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Ok played Duval last night in WFL. He ran the D 2 times so I could see it live and explained it. He is taking the NT manually and the LB's do shift down on that play call auto from CPU. Then the stack look comes and 2 guys attack the same OL as was mentioned. I asked him to only run it a couple times not frequently he agreed. Also I told him to take another DL maybe the DE on the other side so this does not happen. He said the only reason why he ran against dunlap so many times is because dunlap ran dive left and dive right so many times out of a jumbo set with MJD he could not jam the middle any other way effectively. Said as usually that is was funny that Dunlap gets a tough game and complains when he(seth) runs man 80% of the time and ran the same dive play about 12 times. Nate I did get yor IM about the kicker/punter and left him a message on it.

14. Jeremy

Lol @ dunlap.
    I rewatched last years omfl bowl and stopped counting at 7 man blitzes he called in a row.

15. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

ok guys i will give u a play to try out and u will see that the saftey comes up and the MLB goes up to the line on the DT butt... pick the 46 inside blitz they do it all by them selfs u just play the DT and u get the most pressure u will see unless the players set a RB to block.. but if u want the 46 inside blitz will show u that the saftey comes up with the MLB blitzing but the saftey is in man coverage..

16. Jeremy

Understood Mik but the issue is how often this was done.

"The cpu moved the players" is not an acceptable excuse.

His playcalling needs to be more diverse

17. natedawg212000

I just played this cat, and I must say, it may not have been the worse game I've ever had, but it wasn't the cleanest funniest game either.

First quarter I seen at least 6 plays out of 10 that had his FS and SS in the box at the line. I finally said something and he backed way off, but I should not have had to say anything after this discussion with shiftee.

Then he runs a TON and I mean a TON of sweeps. It seems like the same crappy play over and over. Its double wideouts, toss to the outside. That play and just lobbing it up to johnson.

Again, hes not the cheesest player i've ever had to face, but hes not super clean fun OMFL material either.

All I am asking is that Dunn or West or someone give this guy a good talking too about what we want around here. He also kicked a fg in the 4th when up 38-14. I thought it was funny. It got so bad I was tempted to put in all my starters and just go at it with him. I didn't though.