SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS IN OKLAHOMA!!!!

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by marcman777, Feb 8, 2010.

1. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS IN OKLAHOMA!!!!

The dream season is over boys n girls. This was the year it was all suppose to come together. Sure it's our 1st year as a dynasty, but for Coach Marcman, this was our time. OU went down to #8 Kansas expecting a serious Cock Fight! We got one. OU turned the ball over on 4 fumbles, and 1 interception. Bradford was also sacked 6 times. Although OU still felt they were in control the whole game, hence the 7 more minutes OU had in T.O.P. Let me start off by saying the reason we are DONE is because Oklahoma lost Sam Bradford for the season in the 3rd Q with a fractured Vertebrae. His career is in question. Let me also state, OU lost Star RB Demarco Murray for the season in the 3rd Q with a broken Elbow. Let me ALSO state, OU lost Stud WR Ryan Broyles for 3 weeks in the 4th Q. At the time of these injuries, OU had a 7 pt lead. Kansas came back and took a 3 pt lead as OU began there final drive with over 3 minutes remaining. Great drive as OU worked the clock, with a bunch of scrubs mind you, and were forced with a HUGE decision. 4th and 1 with 27 seconds left inside Kansas' 5 yard line. OU decided to kick a FG since half our team is hurt. So we go into OT, you'd think the Coach of OU would take his head out of his ass and actually pay attention to which side he wants to defend. This proves costly as KU had the wind to there back and made a 42 yd FG after OU held them to 3 n out. OU had trouble moving the ball as they could only get 1 first down. Then the game was in the hands of Freshman Kicker Tress Way. He shanked a 35 yarder with 6mph winds comin at him. Oklahoma loses, Oklahoma loses. Coach Marcman blames no one but himself.
    Was it a hangover from last weeks HUGE Win? Was it the injuries? Was it the Kansas Home crowd? I don't know, but i do know that i now have 1 less functioning controller!

Bradford 21-29 298 2-1
    Demarco Murray 23-146-2tds
    Broyles 8-79-1td
    Tennell 5-126-0
    Defensive Player of the game- SS S. Proctor 11 tackles, 2 sacks

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

damn Bradford out for the season/career. That's crazy. Guess you'll see what it's really like to be Bob Stoops.

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

If it makes you feel any better I am without my starting RB and QB for our game next week as well. But at least we might get a good game....I probably had no chance with Bradford and Murray.

4. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

This was a pretty good read Marcman.

5. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

a good read but damn man, thats brutal

6. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Nice write up. Thats some tough azz luck man.

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Rough injuries man. Really tough break.

8. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

ya, it sucks bad. i don't even know who my back up QB is. Kinda like the Jim Sorgi to Peyton the past few years.

9. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Your backup should be Landry Jones. Not as athletic as Bradford but he should have a good throwing arm.