Shootout at the Swamp UT 58 vs UF 41

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BRUCE80, Dec 11, 2009.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Shootout at the Swamp UT 58 vs UF 41

UT passed for 358 and 2 scores, while Brown had 238 rushing and 6 tds...!

UF passed for 408 and 4 scores but was held to 21 yards on the ground due to negative sack yardage.

This game was close all the way through, a couple turnovers mid game allowed us some breathing room.

UF stayed the course though and that QB is spot on and a true stud, he was dialed in and lighting us up man or zone when we couldnt get in his face.

Florida cut the lead to ten late, I had gotten sick of my starting DBs again and benched them all.

Anderson a back up SS came in and got a pick right away and we were able to seal the deal with a TD run from Brown.

The game would end on a sack and fumble recovered by Tennesee who would take a knee to kill the clock.

GG Greg, very close and exciting all the way, up and down the grid shoot out.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    geez a barn burner...it will be tough to keep up with the Vols this year.

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

Lots of high scoring games. Where is the D?

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I was thinking the same thing........I think we ae all becoming very proficient on offense at this point.

What bugs me is if you happen to call the wrong defensive play just slightly it is such an advantage for the offense and it usually ends up a big play.

On the opposite side you can call the perfect defense and still get burned.

Florida was winning the this game 12-7 at one point. The Florida defense might just be worse than VA Tech this year....yikes!

Should be a fun game (Va Tech vs Florida)

Good win Rusty!

5. VaSteelah

VaSteelah Swollen Member

GG Rusty. That was probably the most exiting game we've played.
    After reading the summary of the Vtech FSU game, it seemed to have played out pretty similar. Losing my backup for some time too,lol.