Short Team Previews

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Let's do short ones this year since it doesn't appear anybody has time to do full ones.... If you have 10 minutes, just post something text oriented about what you expect the season to be like, and what you like and dislike about your team...

2. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

NC State -

Like - Cole Grant is back for another run at the heisman. We return many of our starters on both sides of the ball. We have committed to Clarence Strickland as our full time QB and have a playbook that will take advantage of his running abilities. We have some playmakers on defense that improved nicely in the off-season. Lots of depth at virtually every position

DisLike - We did not improve as a whole as much as I hoped for and therefore still are one of the lowest ranked OVR teams in the league, especially starters-wise. I was not confident enough in our o-line to be able to go with Jackson (95thp/94tha) at QB since his speed (lack thereof) will still be a major concern with all the pressure our QB is going to see. I lost out on 2 players that I feel would have been immediate starters for us and made us a much stronger team.

Prediction - Grant finishes with 2000+ yds / 20+ TD and again gets robbed of the Heisman. We don't lose as many cpu games but lose everyone one of our user games, finishing 7-5 with a crappy bowl game again

• Like Like x 1
  3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Texas A&M

New look on offense.

Defense isnt the same.

I miss Harper already.

Expect to struggle in user games as I adjust to new PB. Counting on overwhelming talent and random-number-generator luck to carry me to a 10-2 type season.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Maryland

Offense: Have impact player QB Dane Fields as the starter but Trey Bryant and Matt Covington will get looks as well. HB Justin Brooks will get alot of carries this season and the NBA size WR corps should get alot of looks as well. The OL is very young but has alot of talent.

Defense: MLB Chad Hines leads a young but talented group on the defensive front. Not sure exactly what I have yet.

Hoping to pull out a 9-3 type of season.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Mississippi State

This is the most talented Bulldogs team yet but won't get to take full advantage of this roster. The coach is expected to miss several weeks early in the season and MSU will likely drop at least 2 games during that absence. Mississippi State will need a strong finish for a BCS bowl berth. The team has 21 seniors and none of the seniors have been to a BCS bowl game at this point.

Offense - J.J. Pruitt is back but he had an ugly game in week 1 against Wyoming. He will need to play much better or MSU will struggle. Dunlap also returns at RB and a couple of the top receivers are back. The o-line should be very good.

Defense - Lost 2 players with a combined 49 career interceptions at CB, so will be a bit of a drop off in the secondary. Both safeties return as are two starting linebackers. The d-line must replace 3 starters but has some talented players on the roster.

• Like Like x 1
  6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

TIGERS!!!!!!

[​IMG]

OFFENSE
    We have a nice Offense with a soild QB name Jimmy Collins. We finally have a HB that can break off some runs, too bad he is a senior. WRs and TEs are serviceable with a potential true freshman superstar starting at slot WR. McGrew is the Tigers first 5 star signing on this dynasty.

DEFENSE
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. charter04

charter04 Walk On

Miami Hurricanes

The Hurricanes are using a new offense this year. They will still use a pro style but it will be a run balance pro style. That's right, I am that loyal to the Razorbacks. LOL. They have 3 senior RB's and a mobile QB so why not focus a little more on the run game. The player to watch will be Kelvin Sherman. He is a balanced QB with very good passing skills and running ability. Look for him to have a very efficient year.

Defense
    This years defense is also changing philosophies. The Canes are using a 3-3-5 base this year. Look for them to mix it up but, still be blitz and man to man heavy.

Dislikes
    The over all talent level is still not were it needs to be. Hopefully recruiting can help. Other wise they will just have to out coach other teams. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Virginia Cavaliers

Offense Rating: A The combination of JR QB Patrick Williams, WR John Huggins, WR John Perry, and HB Kenny Bailey is a tough combination for any defense to match up against. We have a TE that can block, one that can catch, and both Bailey and either of our two fullbacks can catch the ball. We like going for big plays but our primary goal is always to keep the chains moving, as we led user teams last year in first downs and third down conversion percentage. We think our line is the best it's ever been in terms of pass blocking, and hope they can open up holes at a decent rate for the run game.

Defense Rating: B Losing Eddie Goldman will be a challenge but we have two very solid defensive tackles lining up over the guards so it's not like it will just be taking candy from a baby to run on us. Also have two good pass rushing defensive ends with good athleticism, and a third behind them that is also excellent. We like our linebackers, led by Mike Baker who is continually among the best big-play linebackers in the country (8 sacks last season and over 100 tackles). Our secondary is the prime concern. Gary McKeon is taking a medical redshirt season and he is easily our best player on defense. However, we have a very good free safety playing this year. The problem is going to be a green strong safety and corners that just aren't that great. They're not horrible and they have pretty decent size and speed which counts for a lot. We think we will give up a lot of yards in the air in some key games this year and can't realistically give the unit anything more than a B grade until we see them in action.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Have you ever noticed that cpu defenses seem to play great in week 1? I usually schedule tune-up games for everybody and it always surprises me that I'm not taking the foot off the gas early in the second quarter or something. In fact I can almost never run the ball. We had to grind away and get a couple of decent gainers late to end up with 4.8 yard per carry against freaking Northwestern.

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL I don't know, you got people throwing for 3,500 yards and their QB has a similar rushing season as Grant, what did you expect

11. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Yeah Wyoming had better coverage than LSU or Alabama. Pruitt had 4 turnovers to 1 TD on the day, and left in 3rd quarter with an injury.

12. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

he finished with something like 2200 rush yards, 400 rec yards and 26 or 27 total TD. what more does the dude need to do!!!

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Realistically..... probably be on the #1 team or at least a top 3 team when conference championships are over

14. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    South Carolina
    [​IMG]

16 Returning Starters
    9 Senior Starters
    19/22 starters over 90 OVR
    Heisman QB
    Dominant O-line
    Scary linebacker group

Championship or bust!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  15. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I vote for Hot Rod to be switched to Vanderbilt

• Like Like x 2
  17. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I second this notion

• Like Like x 1
  18. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Georgia Tech

Offense: we returned the entire backfield from last year. Probably the best combination of players we've had thus far. We also have the best offensive line we've ever put on the field. Wrs are possession guys.

Defense: we were really young last year on d. 10 of 11 starters are back for this season. With the progression some of the young guys made in the offseason we hope to be more consistent this year.

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Hotrod - perpetual heel of T1