Archived Should Run/Pass Commit Be Allowed?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Jul 19, 2010.

?

Should RC or PC be allowed?

Poll closed Jul 26, 2010.
  1. Yes, anytime anywhere

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but only in certain situations

66.7%
  3. No. Still think its cheesy (or explain your answer below)

33.3%
  1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Should Run/Pass Commit Be Allowed?

With these features working properly this year I don't have a problem with using them in NCAA '11. They have helped me in some spots and have burned me in others. Can't really ban them in CPU games so the best bet is to allow them in CPU games, that way if you do use them you don't feel guilty. But the main reason I bring this up is for user games. Should they be allowed? Not on every play but in certain situations.

Examples of times it should be allowed:

3rd/4th and short: Run commit should be allowed. With the new blocking scheme its hard to stop certain runs unless you use gameplan.

On your opponents 3 yard line or closer: Run Commit should be allowed. That option is hard to stop near the goal line. RC could make the O switch up their playcalling and maybe try a bootleg or something else creative.

3rd and Long(10 yards or more): Pass Commit should be allowed. It'll make people not run a 4 verticals on 3rd and 27 and maybe play the field position game with a draw. Its frustrating watching your CB get beat deep even though everyone knew it was a pass except for him. It'll keep a realistic approach to the game.

Once your opponent has torched you for 300 yards or more: If your opponent has grabbed you for 300 yards on 6 min quarters you need some help. PC could help you and it'll make your opponent use more strategy than flingingg the rock everywhere.

Once your opponent has surpassed 150 yards with one player: It'll help contain the brutal onslaught and force the other player to stop running f'n Clay up the damn middle!! lol. Don't know if any of you have played a user using Wisconsin but that kid always falls forward.

Thoughts? Opinions?

2. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I say we goahead and use them with no retrictions as long as people agree nor too use either one every play...I think the d is going to need as much help as possible on this game

3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Well this guy claims he didnt use it against me in another OD.. He said he was only using a 46...But i noticed that I stopped being able to run on the 46 and 5-2 after Dion Lewis broke a few huge runs. All of his runs after that was for negative yards unless I ran up the middle for 2 yard gains..so I started picking plays where a TE and Wr would streak down the seam and noticed that I was getting huge passing yardage. I don't know if he was using run commit or just had great run blitz's and timing (all game)that could stop Dion Lewis like that but I only got 40 total yards rushing with Dion Lewis. I had 400+ yards passing after I adjusted though lol. So I guess if you use it you can get burned.....pick your poison

4. BG

BG On The Rize!

I think we shouldn't be able to use them if we are going to change sliders. The guy I played against got in like a 3-3-5 and blitzed with dbs all day while playing pass commit. That essentially accounts for both the run and pass. I couldn't do shite and then again, it may just be me, LOL!!!

5. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

I think we should this year its pretty legit not bad to use

6. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

I voted no. I've been testing it out, especially run commit. It still gives the D on unfair advantage IMO. I just don't see the point in using it on 3rd and short. All that does is create a situation whereby we will call toss plays every time.

If the league wanted to use pass commit in situations of 3rd and 10 or longer, I would support that. I see Jerzey's point about field position and I dig it.

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Still have 4 people out there that haven't chimed in... C'mon son...lol

8. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I haven't played enough to say one way or the other.

9. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Umm ill will vote last...So someone has to convince me to use or not. I'm leaning towards no because you cant moniter using it certain situations...

10. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

I'm down for using commit... in certain situations

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

This is more towards user games...

12. leonidasplaya

leonidasplaya roman soldier

my essement

just the run its not as much of a rsu in the middle with quarterbacks no passs commit just for the run stredegy

13. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

just do ever use it so even voted yes i wont use it idc either way though

14. leonidasplaya

leonidasplaya roman soldier

yea freakin go ahead

use the run commit and pass commit the more strededgy the more i like it thats football

15. MaizeGrenade

MaizeGrenade Go Blue

I voted yes but there is no inbetween.

Yes, all the time for Pass Commit and never for run commit.

16. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I say we use it because at this time you can't tell anyway. Nothing pops up with the servers down