Should this league be about. . .

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Big D, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Big D

Big D Walk On

Should this league be about. . .

. . .just playing your games or also being an active owner?

Frankly, I am tired of a couple owners just playing their games and NEVER contributing to our community whether it be in the forums or on AIM or just plaing getting to know people.

My main beef is with Chrisdstan.

I want your opinions. We have given him tons of warnings about activity. Our waiting list is FULL of people who would seem to be better contributors to our league.

If it was my choice (which it isn't I know) I'd boot him and get another active owner in here.

This league should be WAY more than just playing your games.

Thoughts????

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

To be fair, there are more owners than just him that do not contribute as far as forum activity.

I do agree with the general idea of what you are suggesting.

I think maybe what we should do is be a bit more strict about activity. But then the problem becomes, "how do we police it?" While I am all for making this a "community" type of setup (and it is, for the most part), any league, no matter how much you want a lot of activity and whatnot, will have a few owners that are guys that just want to play their game, make their compulsory posts, and then wait for the next game.

If he doesn't do compulsory posts (game results thread for victories, cap book posts), then yeah, boot any owner for that after a while. But just for plain activity...that is a tough sell, man.

And I just want to reiterate that I completely agree with you as far as wanting this to be a "community" rather than a franchise.

3. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I agree with Win..As long as our owners keep up with their team numbers,schedule games,post recaps,play by the rules,etc,etc. it is enough for now.I for one get swamped with work and have a hard time just checking in and keeping up.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Ya, we have a lot of activity for most online leagues, plus the waiting list is empty now. I do feel your frustration, but we just have to keep doing our part.

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I def agree with you dunlap. I think that part of the fun about online franchises is that it is against real players. I think that board activity is very important to that. I dont know if we are there YET though. We will be there, but I think for right now we would have problems. Just my opinion.

6. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I've been anit-Chrisdstan since last season, because he wasn't posting game results or anything but was posting in another league. However he has posted his 1 win so far and as long as he can atleast to that, I'm fine with him staying. Like Win said he's not the only 1 who isn't posting besides game results and cap book stuff, so it wouldn't be fair to kick him. Though it would be great to have a community with 100% activity. It isn't realistic.

7. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Right now the Chiefs owner has got me angry. No post of week one win, he's not at 53 players, and hasn't really looked to make an attempt to get at 53...

8. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I warned him. If he still gives no effort then tell me and he's gone.

9. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Will do. I love that my old team has a good offense now but if it means lack of activity on forums I'd rather have an owner with less than stellar offensive output.