Should we implement real life injuries and suspensions for S1?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by greatnessdc, Jul 28, 2015.

?

Should we implement real life injuries and suspensions?

1. Check yes.

31.8%
  2. Check no.

68.2%
  1. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

So this was a discussion brought up in the chat box and since a good bit of our members aren't using it so often currently we wanted to get the leagues input on this.

To keep our sim league to the max simness do you agree we should have pre-existing injuries cut on? Also should we hold up the suspensions given out to players before the season starts?

What are your thoughts? Sharing is caring.

• Like Like x 1
  2. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

3. RyanRain39

RyanRain39 Walk On

I am for the idea. However, only 3 of the suspended players have to sit more than 4 weeks. My only change is to lower those down a bit. Maybe down to least 8 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mozaaik

Mozaaik Walk On

5. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

I would have to say yes since I was one of the founders of the idea lol, along with all my backing support in the chat box. Thanks to greatnessdc for posting while I'm not at a PC, you're the real MVP

But seriously, we all complain when the game comes out about something not being "sim" in gameplay or features, here's something that we can control and make "sim" in our league.

I vote to uphold and help police this policy for season 1.

Vote Yes to save all the children that never experienced sim gaming before

• Like Like x 2
  6. XWarriorMonk

XWarriorMonk Walk On

Don't like it...don't care too much...but my vote leans towards no

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

I vote no for both pre-existing injuries and suspensions.

I don't dislike the idea in its entirety, and I think the open banter is great! I just think we can be "sim" without real world issues. The real NFL has rapist, murderers, multiple homicide drunk drivers, etc. I would like to think that our "H@W brand" doesn't suffer from the aggravations the real NFL has. I guess I have an idealistic view of the league.

I would like to hear Coachmedicis chime in, since he sat Adrian Peterson when the news came out.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

LOVE THIS!!! Absolutely should do this. If we are a SIM league, then we should be sitting guys who are not able to play....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Freakskull

Quick thought: How would the league handle "in-season" suspensions? Say James Harrison wrecks another helpless receiver, and gets two weeks off.

10. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Chances are by the time that would happen we would be past it in the timeline

11. RaunchyTacoBowl

RaunchyTacoBowl Walk On

I vote no..Just won't make a big enough difference in my mind to get super technical with suspensions and ultra complicated with injuries and such.

12. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Here's how this works guys..... at some point in our league we break from what is going on in the real NFL.

Given that we likely WON'T be waiting for updated rosters this time around (because last time we were still forming back then and we still wasted like 2 weeks waiting for the rosters.)

That being the case, our break from reality is going to be pretty early. Early as in, as soon as we start the file. If owner mode works properly like we hope it does then the changes could be even more sudden - firing coaches and turning over the roster etc. That all said, I can't see a good reason to "penalize" a few people, who may not have even gotten the team they wanted anyway, just because of something that happened in the real world by some douche bag.

Yes we want to be sim. Yes we want realism. No we don't want to go so far on the realism side that we hurt the people who are here to have fun, build a team, and try and win a championship - IE our members.

I'll let the vote play out but there are my thoughts.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. RaunchyTacoBowl

RaunchyTacoBowl Walk On

Keller Lord Chili praises you

14. Freakskull

I see. That's logical.

15. akutozo

akutozo Baby, I'm a Brown.

My two cents: Let them play.

We can use the argument that "we are a SIM league", and that's fantastic, but let's really analyze what that means. Madden starts off by creating every player, within their best judgement, to be as accurately portrayed as possible in the game... to an extent.

There will never be a player suspended due to testing positive for PEDs in Madden, in any season, ever. This is an image issue for the NFL. You will never see a player suspended for child or domestic abuse in madden. This is an image issue for the NFL. Certain things within Madden are completely excluded for the purposes of promoting a positive, "ideal" NFL.

The same goes for injuries to the players. You can technically start a season with pre exhisting injuries, but how do you possibly simulate a definitive injury vs a player that may or may not be ready to start (like JPP w/ Giants).

All that to say, what we are (SIM)ulating is HaW 16, not NFL 16. Roger Goodell is not our commissioner, presumably that would be Keller. We are simulating OUR NFL. Perhaps we play by "SIM" rules, but we do not ever simulate drugs, alcohol, or domestic abuse during our seasons. We never have a "lottery" to determine if X player gets hit with PEDs or beats his wife, so why acknowledge the existence at the start of the league?

These are players based on real people, but they are not real people and should not be treated as such. Otherwise, we have to start over analyzing everything about them rather than treat them as characters with which to have fun with.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. DadiBlanki

DadiBlanki Walk On

I'm all for things that make the experience better for the league as a whole. I see too many scenarios where this makes the experience worse than better. I think there's a difference between playing Madden SIM, and Fantasy Football.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I voted yes, but it looks like no is winning which probably helps me given the injury to my 1st round rookie...... I wonder if Justin Blackmon will be on my roster at all

• Like Like x 1
  18. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Told you it would be like 22-10

19. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

Anyone know if josh Gordon will be in the game?

20. akutozo

Useful information here.

Another point, is that we cannot simulate the cap relief these suspended players create either.If I'm correct, a suspended player doesn't count against a 53 man roster and the team isn't charged against the cap, yes?

I'm assuming that Justin Blackmon will not be in Madden, but that may be more due to his reinstatement issues to the NFL.

For those who don't like to click:

Dion Jordan DE MIA $5,267,276.00 Suspended 16 games
    Josh Gordon WR CLE $1,682,521.00 Suspended 16 games
    LaRon Landry S IND $0.00 Suspended 10 games
    Derek Wolfe DE DEN $389,813.00 Suspended 4 games
    Sheldon Richardson DE NYJ $645,175.00 Suspended 4 games
    Rolando McClain ILB DAL $294,117.00 Suspended 4 games
    Antonio Gates TE SD $1,567,646.00 Suspended 4 games
    Trey Watts RB STL $120,000.00 Suspended 4 games
    Tom Brady QB NE $1,882,352.00 Suspended 4 games
    Greg Hardy DE DAL $176,470.00 Suspended 4 games
    Eben Britton RT CHI $0.00 Suspended 4 games
    Victor Butler OLB NYG $175,294.00 Suspended 4 games
    Sean Smith CB KC $926,470.00 Suspended 3 games
    Letroy Guion DT GB $480,330.00 Suspended 3 games
    Jabari Price CB MIN $61,818.00 Suspended 2 games
    Le'Veon Bell RB PIT $145,709.00 Suspended 2 games
    Datone Jones DE GB $123,794.00 Suspended 1 game
    Ahmad Bradshaw RB IND $0.00 Suspended 1 game

Substance abuse
    Marcell Dareus DT BUF $474,117.00 Suspended 1 game
    LeGarrette Blount RB NE $44,117.00 Suspended 1 game

• Informative Informative x 1
  21. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

Your missing the point and fun of it. I suspended A.P. as soon as I took over the Vikings. It forced me to figure out other options...do I trade for a rb? Do i draft a rb? do i sign one in FA? And if he's only out 2-4 games do i sit tight and use my backup? I dont care that his salary counted for or against the cap. Why are we even discussing that? I think your getting way too in depth and finding reasons not to do it.

I think the fun of implementing these suspensions again forces players to be GM's and figure out how to manage their team without certain players. We are a sim league trying to represent the NFL the best way we can. Last season, Brian was forced to sit a player for 8 games for breaking the rules. We didn't give him salary cap relief or take him off 53 man roster. These guys all broke rules so why not play it out like the real NFL. These guys sit out and teams are forced to deal with it.

22. akutozo

It's not that I am missing the point, I am simply disagreeing with it. I believe Madden allows us full control of the rosters for a reason, and that we should be making the league our own - In essence, I believe the game play should be SIM, not the roster, since the roster cannot ever be truly SIM.

I think if we're going to SIM suspensions and injuries, we need to FULLY support the SIM. Not go only half in. I understand that for you, it's fun and you don't care about how the cap affected you.. and that's fine. But for me, I believe in an all our nothing approach. If the Chargers are forced to sit Antonio Gates, having 1.6mil to hire a guy off the FA market to play for the 4 games is a luxury a real ream would have. We need to SIM that to allow the users flexibility if we're going to SIM them having additional difficulty.