Should we start or wait?

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Hey guys, there is a roster out under "mtemple93". It seems pretty accurate as far as names go, but this person clearly didn't go into detail like the people from OS will. So our options are;

1. Use these rosters. Check your team if you would like and tell me what changes need to be made (Ohio State's roster is a bit messed up in retail version. Some players are out of position on the offensive line, some receivers are rated too high/low, some are the wrong eligibility.) Let me know the changes that need to be made but I need evidence that they need to be (depth charts, fact based reasoning ect).

2. Wait for OS rosters, which might leave us waiting until next week.

Im fine either way, I'm itching to start but not if you guys feel like we should wait.

2. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

No need to rush. Sounds like some people on this board might not even have the game yet. I'd rather wait for the real thing.

3. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

These are more or less the real deal :p

4. jandy

jandy Walk On

I say wait as well. Might as well have the best rosters we can, especially since we'll only have to wait an extra few days

5. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

6. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Also one ? when we do get the od up and we are joining are we creating a coach or not?

7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Well we could get the OD up by tomorrow at latest if we used these rosters, and I just edited them using the templates from OS. Otherwise, it just depends on when OS finishes the rosters and I don't know when that will be.

We aren't creating coaches and we aren't using coaching carousel

8. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think waiting for the OS rosters is a good thing. The rosters this year were JACKED UP.

9. Ben

Ben Walk On

I'd say just wait until the OS rosters are done. Hopefully that won't be any later than saturday.

10. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

wait on the OS rosters and first patch if there is legitimate shit that needs to be fixed that might mess up the dynasty.

11. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Haven't seen anything that would mess up the dynasty thus far. We will wait for OS rosters but we aren't going to wait for a patch that hasn't been announced yet. I hate being in "dynasty purgatory" haha

12. Ben

Ben Walk On

Zone Coverage could mess the dynasty up. I just played a friend online and i was UMASS and he was UTSA. It was 35-31 at the half. We weren't playing sim against each other we were just throwing the ball up and messing around for the most part. Moral of the story is that the MLB/OLB, CB's, and Safeties go all the way into their zone before reacting to what the receivers are doing. This allows for TE's and WR's to get WIDE OPEN downfield and have 5-10 yrds seperation. It's killing the game for me right now. This needs to be patched immediately by EA. I would try to ignore it, but since passing is such a huge part of football its kind of hard too. I refuse to run slants inside every time i want to throw the ball, but that one of the only ways to combatant this right now.

13. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I think the word broken is thrown around a little too much. While I think it certainly needs to be tuned, it's not something that will hold up us starting this OD. I generally don't believe in waiting for patches because you never know what that patch is going to "break" and it becomes a never ending game of waiting.

By the way, OS has completed 60 teams. Expect to start this on Sunday guys

14. Rekkapryde

Rekkapryde Walk On

15. Jon Jon Anderson

Jon Jon Anderson Walk On

Wait on rosters and they need a patch soon! This game is buggy

16. Stiffysix

Stiffysix WAR DAMN EAGLE

either way im game but we have waited this long so whats a few more days. i will be getting whooped the first season until i can get used to this version of ncaa. i am having a hard time playing defense with 13.

17. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

I have no prob waiting on rosters that are accurate.

18. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

OS rosters should be out sometime in the next two days

19. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Sounds good. Cant wait to get started