Showdown in the Shoe: #7 Ohio State vs. #1 Virginia Tech

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Aug 9, 2012.

?

Who will win the "Showdown in the Shoe?"

1. #7 Ohio State

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. #1 Virginia Tech

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

[​IMG]
    The #7 Ohio State Buckeyes will host the top-ranked and defending national champion Virginia Tech Hokies tonight, and all eyes will be focused on the Horseshoe in an early season game that could help decide the national title picture.Here's what to watch for.​
    Perimeter Play: Whether it's their receivers against the Virginia Tech corners, or Virginia Tech's receivers against their corners, the Buckeyes have a serious advantage on the perimeter. If they can capitalize on this advantage they will be in position to pull off the upset. ​
    Tempo: Both team's have great defenses, but Ohio State likes to push the issue offensively and attack with their variety of playmakers. Virginia Tech likely will favor a more slow-paced game, keeping the ball out of Braxton Miller's hands and allowing their world-class defense to remain fresh.​
    Quarterback Play: Braxton Miller receives plenty of Heisman hype, and it's well deserved, but Logan Thomas should be considered an equal, if not superior to Miller. Thomas of course led the Hokies to a national title last season and is no stranger to winning big games on the road. A win today for Miller would be the biggest thus far in his career. ​
    Battle in the Trenches: Ohio State has one of the best defensive lines in the country, but the team that keeps them from being the best is Virginia Tech. Ohio State's offensive line, however, is slightly more talented. Both teams need to keep their quarterback upright and stay out of third-and-long situations.​
    Special Teams: Games between such evenly matched opponents often are decided by special teams. Virginia Tech has a history of winning in such fashion, but Ohio State has two freshmen capable of taking any punt or kickoff to the house in Tavaris McLaurin and Ray Hall.​
    Who are you picking to win the Showdown in the Shoe?​

• Like Like x 3
  2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

3. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

This should be a classic contest at the Horseshoe. In my opinion whoever offense makes more plays will win the game today.

4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Well we tried playing five times, all were pretty even games and all dropped around halftime. We are trying again at 9 ET, because CJTHA1 says his connection is better then.

TheMNorthFace and Glen Cieske I know you had a game scheduled for week 3 before that, going to have to reschedule. Sorry

5. Jon Jon Anderson

Jon Jon Anderson Walk On

We were never able too finish our game in the dynasty. Hope yall get it in.

6. Ben

Ben Walk On

That sucks. It might not work period. Hopefully it does tonight, but I have a feeling it won't.

7. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

For some odd reason my connection is better at night then during the day. It sounds werid. I want our game in today. Me and Spayer419 have had good close games then the connection goes flat. We shall get it in tonight..hopefully

8. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

This is very nice.