Silder Changes

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by The Richuation, Oct 11, 2010.

1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Silder Talk... after 2 weeks

How is everyone feeling about the sliders? Good, Bad? Any Changes you would like to see?

2. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

Hard to tell after playing that FCS team. With my user game versus Oregon this week I still will not be able to get a good feel for how they are playing.

3. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

U shud wait till about week 4.

4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Sounds good... I just want to have a place for people to discuss

5. rdtii

rdtii Walk On

They seem pretty good so far...I'll know more after another game or two.

6. LanceSAE

LanceSAE Walk On

Rb's break a lotta tackles. Too many

7. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Any more feedback?

8. mboda

mboda Walk On

kicking accuracy seems off compared to other TF leauges.

I've never missed an xp before this leauge and I've missed a couple and almost missed a bunch.

9. DreSmithJr

DreSmithJr It Be So EMPTY, WITHOUT ME...

!!!

10. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I'm okay with kicking. Granted, having no chance to hit an 45 yarder is annoying, but it's nice that it's possible to miss. You shouldn't be missing PATs, just pay attention a little bit instead of just spazzing the stick like normal.

I'm really not sure how I feel about the rest of the stuff yet.

My only quality CPU opponent has been the 2nd half of the Oregon game.

11. Wick36

The CPU Pass Blocking could probably stand to be knocked down 5. I don't feel like I get very much pressure.

Maybe it's just me...

But it seems like it the QB has too much time, and the Pass Coverage sliders at 40 compounds the problem. My corners get beat deep a lot (and on posts), and anything across the middle is guaranteed to be open once he hits the hash.

Anyway, it might just be me not calling the correct play at the same time, so I'm kind of wondering how other people feel about this. Feels like my D-Line gets knocked on the ground a lot on pass rushes.

12. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

CPU rbs break too many tackles. Gang tackles at that. Not able to get any pressure on the QB.

13. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

ok thanks for the feedback... I will be reviewing

14. Wick36

I honestly don't think we can adjust the CPU break tackling. They are already not rushing all that well. A couple other people have mentioned this, so there's obviously some merit to it... but I'm not sure what else we can do to help CPU rushing to not be awful if we can tackle better.

If we're basing it purely on sacks, then a lot of teams are substantially below where they should be. I believe my team is the best user team in terms of sacks, but I should probably have more based on my schedule and how much teams pass against me. Normally, I get sacks when I time up the snap almost perfectly (see Nathan Williams highlight from Illinois game) or sometimes a guy will manage to get free if all of the routes are deep. Otherwise, they all just get pancaked.

15. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Good feedback. In terms of passing and rushing yardage per attempt, these sliders are pretty on point. Aside from OSUs rushing attack, most of the games (User and CPU) have been right where they need to be.

16. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

If I had more games against the cpu I could provide more feedback. Seems like all my games have been user v user. Once those are done I should be able to get a better feel for how they play.

17. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I I am in favor of moving to 3 user vs user games next season and beyond... plus the chance of a fourth user game in the bowl or even conference championship. Thoughts?

18. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

I have no problem either way, just seems that is how my season is playing out.

No real complaints. Just hard to schedule a ton of user games around busy schedules.

19. Wick36

I think 4 in the regular season is a good number. CT has just had to play more games because of the new people joining.

20. Wick36

What do you guys do to stop the CPU pass?

It seems like a don't get a whole lot of pressure, even when I blitz.

If I run zone coverage, the guys are open once they cross the field on whatever route.

If I run man coverage, if they guy makes a cut, my guys will keep running for 5-10 yards and at that point there's no chance of catching up.

Honestly, the only time I'm successful is when I bring a backer/safety off of the edge as I time the snap... but that only works if there's not a running back on that side/a lineman to pick me up.

So yeah, what do you guys do to defend the pass?

21. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

i like pressure and turnovers....

and 4 man i use a LB to cover dig routes...but out routes are still open

22. rdtii

rdtii Walk On

Pass defense in this game is virtually non-existent. Especially against users.

My strategy is to bring 6 guys 25% of the time, 5 guys 50% of the time, and 4 guys 25%.

Mix up A and B gap blitzes along with edge blitzes and cover the biggest threat or the middle manually.

23. ctvolfan

ctvolfan Vol for Life!!

I have to agree with Killer on this the pass defense is terrible. I am having huge problems stop offenses. I played memphis today and barely beat them in double ot. They threw all over me to come back in the game and there was nothing that I could do about it. I think we need to revisit this in the offseason as well as the pass rush.

24. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

still glad you got outta there with a win bro!

25. Devilfan20

Devilfan20 Walk On

I have to agree, I have only played two games in this league so far, but the user pass defense is a joke. I find it very frustrating to get good pressure only to have the quarter hit a wide open receiver. I was looking up the stats for the league - many users are in the top 10-15 for most pass yards allowed this season. I think one easy solution would be to adjust the slider from 40 to at least 50. I am involved in another league where defense is more heavily emphasized and the pass defense is quite stout (the slider is set at 60). I think this merits consideration during the offseaso since it seems like about half the users have commented on how bad it seems. Perhaps the CPU run game could be improved to keep the game challenging and not diminsh the difficulty of games vs. the computer.