Sim 12 (July 11-21)

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Feb 6, 2013.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Exports due by 8 tonight. Reminder that the Trade Deadline is Friday night before the sim. So get your trades made :)

Also... please welcome Drifterbub who will be taking over the New York Mets.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Welcome drifter.

I need to get on getting that export sent.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Agreed and agreed. Not sure if I remembered to click the button last night

4. PAgamer07

briosu99
    krtgolfing
    AJ Hart MN
    ryalaman
    sonn
    Ken Welsch
    soxandgators
    Fmode11
    JFace907
    Gngsta4Lyphe
    DrunkenSoldier
    Confucius Rex
    Norezn
    Dylema
    ty5oke
    Kasper
    Timpegoose
    Drifterbub
    KnightNoles
    JohnnyClutch
    Shaun Mason
    PAgamer07
    goldenglove2
    BigSmooth33
    Colemanchu
    sawemoff
    HAL9100
    NeuroticTruth
    abolishthefed

Effective immediately... The Trade Committee has been eliminated. For a GM to make a trade they must spend at least one complete year in the game. Example: If you joined 7/1/18, you cannot make a trade until 7/1/19. After that... trade at your own risk. I would recommend 1) If you have a valuable commodity, place that player on a trade block so that you can entertain multiple offers. 2) Get a second opinion if unsure of your trade.
    My apologies, but with the high turnover it is impossible to protect new GMs from themselves.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Booooo!

Have you sent me what you needed to send me for me to join?

6. PAgamer07

LOL. Sorry Ronnie... Youre a smart guy and I know you wouldnt get fleeced, but ive seen a couple of controversial trades which I want to wash my hands of.

As for you joining the file. The timing is pretty important. I have to import everything for tonight, add you, run the sim and upload the new file with you in it. Long story short, maybe 930 EST or so, youll get an email from me with a settings.dat file. Then youre good.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Cool.

8. PAgamer07

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

• Like Like x 1
  10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Damnit, knew I forgot to click the button. Done now.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

The trade committee is in place to protect the new GM's. If you don't feel that you can deny bad trades then remove yourself from the trade committee, don't remove the committee itself.

How do you expect the new guys to make improvements and get into their teams if they can't trade? Miracle waiver pick up?

I think this is a bad knee jerk reaction to Raji ranting over and over in the Skype until you got sick of it and instead of stopping him you shut down an important part of the league?

I hope you reconsider because eliminating a 1/3 of the league from play doesn't help the league at all. The Trade Committee didn't fail the league.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

13. PAgamer07

The problem with any sort of committee is that one trade can be approved, the other vetoed and they look similar to those involved. There are no black and white rules in place for what is acceptable, and what is not. In addition, Who is to say a new member won't join, make a bad trade and then leave? This rule makes sure new guys stick around, learn the ropes before making any big moves.

14. PAgamer07

Yes, adding drifter.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I think we're better off making damn sure the new guys know to ask advice before they make a big trade. If they do and don't listen, that's on them not us. We're never going to fully protect from people leaving after bad decisions. Case in point the Loney extension. Should we not let them extend contracts either? They can cripple a team that way too. Trading is too big a part of the league to not let new guys do it IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  16. PAgamer07

Sorry, Im done with it. Had I declined the trade, then numerous instances of similar trades are thrown in my face. I wash my hands of it. We're all big boys here. It's either make guys wait a whole year or allowed to trade from day one. Regardless, the trade committee is dead.

17. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

So i havent been around today to see the commotion about this trade, but i dont see how cutting off trading is an effective solution. I dont agree with Cole very often but you say it is impossible to protect new GMs from themselves, yet that is a reason the trade committee existed. You told me ask the vets for advice from now on, and i said i would. But I cant go back on a trade once i said i accepted. If there was that much of a problem with this then it should have been denied and we could have worked it out so you could show me what a proper trade would look like.

By cutting off trading for a year, you arent helping any new owners. They will just get trade raped 1 year in. I hope you reconsider the 1 year ban on trading, it really makes this most recent trade pointless if i have to wait until the deadline next year to dump the contracts and get prospects i wanted to get this year.

18. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

That's more or less what I was saying. If we're going to get rid of trade committee still let them trade. If we have to be selective with who we add to league because we're worried they'll leave, so be it. I have enough faith in enough of this community not to do that though.

19. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

That's why you say "sorry the trade is denied, make it more even and resubmit." That's what big boys do.

20. PAgamer07

Sorry man. Too many people get butthurt, not worth it. Guys need to learn the ropes then the can trade. Maybe Ill reduce it to 6 months in game time. 1 year is a bit long.

21. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

So keep the trade committe and you just aren't on it. Then you don't have to worry about hurting people's feelings.

22. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

how do they learn the ropes if you dont let them trade? Maybe if you monitor and review trades for new guys for the 1st 6 months?

23. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

That would be a trade committee...

24. PAgamer07

Just pay attention to trades, ratings that sort of stuff. Thats how.

25. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

I'm a newb to the game and figure on making some mistakes but hope to learn from them, maybe the committee can review all newbie trades for there 6 month probation, but just don't shut out trades all together. Most guys at TSO are committed gamers (like me) and don't quit when things go bad, so all new guys shouldn't get punished for some bad apples.

Also can someone add me to the Skype Chat, thx Skype name Richcast88

I got a bunch of newb questions that hopefully some of you guys can answer

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 1