Sim 15: August 21st thru August 31st

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by NeuroticTruth, May 25, 2014.

1. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Starting in 15 minutes. Missing:

JohnnyClutch
    sawemoff

2. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Try my export now?

3. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Got it now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
  5. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Uploading now, next sim tomorrow:

ML Standings.JPG NBL Standings.JPG

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dugout

Just a couple announcements:

1. Just as an FYI, we're changing the September sim schedule and breaking it up into 3 days like a normal month. Now that we've shortened the season so much there is no point in running September in two sims. The "Important Dates" thread has been edited to reflect this change.
    2. After talking it through with Ty, we've decided to suspend the "5 Year Rule". While we did like its affect in terms of pushing people to win, we were not happy with some of the ways it forced people to do so. While we have "suspended" the rule for now, and will continue to discuss privately with way so to improve it, we still reserve the right to re-apply the rule to the league if we feel that teams are starting to "tank" again.
    3. The 2031 season will bring our 1st season on OOTP 15 and our 19th overall. That being said, we will be giving everyone a fresh slate. What that essentially means is, along with the "suspension" of the 5 year rule, we're acting as if no team lost money this year. So outside of the already open Phillies, everyone will be moving to OOTP 15 with us (so long as you buy the game). However, we encourage you to be responsible the rest of the year. All contract dumping rules still apply, so please dont be a douche and try to game the system. We're doing this to help people out, dont abuse it.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 6
  6. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Shit this would of helped before I went fire sale lol....Jk guys look forward to my next tank...will see you all again in ootp 16 when I come out of my gopher hole.

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Suspend 5 year rule, just in time for White Sox to suck... Does that mean no more lottery also? :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Possible, since now Mike runs a good team that can't jump up 10 spots every year.

9. KnightNoles

Bang, bang... Shots fired at the intersection of TSO and The Dugout.

10. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    No, we'll continue to have a lottery. And as I said, if people start to tank, then we will reinstate the 5 year rule.

11. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

12. KnightNoles

upload_2014-5-26_0-24-4.png

I knew he was having some good starts lately, but dang! Simmons better get on his stuff to not get outdone.

13. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Hey someone on the Reds did well. Not to bad for the Rule 5 pick. Also won rookie of the month.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Aw man! One more sim that I didn't account for in my streak! We can do it though! #WINdians #Believeland #RollTribe #TribeTimeNow

• Like Like x 1
  15. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Also, Topper made a nice Major League debut. He booted Dale Chaworth out of the rotation and may very make the playoff rotation should we hold on.

16. I Peench

Wasn't Chatty doing well? Was looking forward to facing so many ex-Angels in a potential series: McIlvride, Chatworth, Clayton Frazier, Danny McNeil, and Soto.

Damn. You should trade with me more often.

17. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Can someone link statslab here? Also, when it's last been updated. Thanks

18. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

He was skating by really. His FIP is bad and he had a sub 4 ERA. So he was really just kind of average

19. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
  20. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Meh, if Knowles wants to tank, then let him. Tanking is incredibly stupid in baseball, theres a reason why the top teams in the league have never had to do it.

21. I Peench

My issue isn't the tanking, it's the frequency of promotion/relegation. Nippon is struggling as is - the infusion of new blood in 15 should help, but I want to incentive them to be active and do well. We've seen that very few teams will go in the red, as there are always trade partners willing to take bad contracts for the right price. You would have to be totally negligent or inactive to go in the red twice in a row.

Either way, I don't like the idea of reassessing if people are tanking as we go along. What constitutes 'tanking' in this case? You need to quantify things and lay them out clearly, otherwise there will be unrest and confusion. Draw a hard line one way or the other. Reassess the promotion/relegation structure or get rid of Nippon altogether. NeuroticTruth ty5oke Drifterbub

I do appreciate all the work you guys have put in and will support the league no matter what, I just feel compelled to voice concerns.

22. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Per some conversation on skype last night, I think it would be awesome if Nippon would pick up and thrive as it's own league (still in our universe obviously). There's an extremely successful league I came across called PEBA that does this, and it would be really cool. Reading up on the league a bit, they were basically in the exact same situation we were in. Here's a quote from their forums on why they started their version of the Nippon.

If we can get the Nippon full (or close) when we move to OOTP 15, and get people attached to their teams over there I think it could really thrive.

23. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I'm not really understanding this. Are they two separate leagues with no FA interaction, or just both leagues with no relegation/promotion attached to it so people don't think of one league as being above the other?

24. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

You+ain+t+seen+nothing+yet+_a132bfa99d6a1189c854e0fab0245f07.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  25. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

I like the idea of not making someone eligible for lottery more than 3 years in a row. That way, their pick would be placed after all of the lottery teams, but before playoff teams.

Four-five years? Maybe their first round pick comes at the end of first round. Maybe they can't sign international Free Agents.

It would eliminate the incentive of tanking.

Just throwing out ideas.