Sim 2 (4/11-4/21)

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by Timpegoose, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Starting in 25 minutes, get your shit in. Missing | DedStaar |

2. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Oops, apparently already made a thread. Didn't think I sent it from my phone earlier. Drifterbub can I get mod rights for Dugout forums? In the meantime, PAgamer07 can you delete my other thread please?

3. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Drifterbub can I also get mod rights to the forum? Kthnx

4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Starting

5. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I thought my Waiver guys were protected? I moved them to waivers after Spring Training and before this sim they had 2 days left so I couldn't move them to AAA. What happened?

6. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    Why would they be protected? What you described is how it works. You try to move guys out of options to the minors and they have to clear waivers first. The waiver period is 12 days because we do 10 day sims. So if you put a guy on waivers, this gives people the ability to claim them before you can send them down. If it was less than 10 days, no one could claim any waivers. You couldn't move them because they were still on irrevocable waivers.

• Like Like x 3
  7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

I did the same thing last year and they weren't taken. I'm saying I thought i was protected because after spring training waivers can't be claimed. I'm not mad because you took mitchell because he's shitty but romano is irritating

8. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Well, I tried to get Romano too. :) They weren't protected last year. No one wanted the players you placed on waivers last year. That's all. This past sim(April 10th) is the sim to claim any and all waivers made after Spring Training and it is that way every year. I lost a player as well because Sharkman has decided he likes minor league Rockies pitchers, lol. If you ever put a player on waivers, then there will be an opportunity for someone else to claim them. Simple as that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Those two were there last year so how am I suppose to protect players like that? Don't put them on my 40 man and let them be taken by the Draft 5 Rule?

10. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Once the Rule 5 Draft ends you can remove them from your 40 man....

11. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Gotcha

12. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    Well, rules like this are in place so that teams can't horde talent so there is no surefire way to do it. The easiest ways are to not call them up for Spring Training and leave them in the minors or to just deal with them in the Majors. That's what I did with Anthony Duncan. He never produced good numbers for me but had good potential ratings so I let him develop in the MLB and then traded him before he started to cost me a lost of money.

Which should put them on waivers....

13. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

So I was damned if I do, damned if I don't :banghead:

14. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Not true if they don't have a major league contract or have options left you can send them down and take them off the 40 man they just need to have a minor league contract and you can just take them off the 40 man without any issue.

15. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Not when you do it after the Rule 5. Just makes them Rule 5 eligible again the next season.

16. HAL9100

Featured Threads:
    That must be an OOTP thing then because that's not how my understanding of how it works IRL. When it comes down to it though, this is the same thing as just not calling them up to spring training because you'll need a 40 man roster spot for him in 10 months anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

This. If you do it RIGHT after the Rule 5 you can pull them off. Also, if you take them off the Active roster before spring training you don't have to worry about putting them on waivers.

• Like Like x 1
  18. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

But your entire 40 man gets called up the Active Roster. If you put them off of it wouldn't they go right back?

19. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Nope. When we sim to the day before spring training you can pull them off and it doesn't put them back on after that.

20. ty5oke

ty5oke Walk On

Which I'm not a fan of..

Waivers are turned off in the offseason and that's why this can be done..

• Like Like x 1
  21. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Well I guess someone needs to add this to the noob guide to forewarn others about this trick

22. Confucius Rex

Confucius Rex Walk On

Shit. I had a guy on waivers. He cleared so I took him off the wire and tried to put him on my AAA team. But I did it in the wrong order so I can't move him off the DFA and to Sacramento because the game says he needs to clear waivers.

23. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Yea, after the rule v draft I always take off the guys that shouldn't be there.

Anyways, just give the Nats a top 5 pick

24. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Don't worry, the Nats will be picking in the top 5 for the foreseeable future.

• Like Like x 3
  25. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

The only reason this can be done is because waivers is disabled. Good to know guys are abusing it.

I'll come up with something for the offseason to keep waivers enabled all year

• Like Like x 4