Sim issue

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by smace767, Dec 15, 2009.

1. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Sim issue

I did some looking around the internet and here are some things that should straighten things out, and clarify other things.

The cause from most all accounts around the internet for the sim is one of two things.

1) file not uploaded to server correctly. Do to internet / server issues or bastard file issue especially during peak times.
    We know about the bastard file fix.(internet not that common a reason but it happens to some people regardless of internet service type/ speed)

what you must realize is how fast your connection could be, has almost nothing do do with how well or how much bandwith EA servers let you have. Most people never connect close to their max, especially during peak hours.(speednet.com is ok for testing connection speed but it does not filter out the speed boost you get from some ISP's at the start of a connection. those speeds are not your continuous bandwith connection speeds)

Also how many reconstitutes does your connection make before it gets to the server. Just like you see on tv or like in war games. what you send to load to the server is sent in pieces called packets and it starts from point A(your PS3) hops from point to point until it gets where it needs to. depending on where you live you could have a great deal of upload /down loads and get packet loss resulting in bad files or lag online play ect. I believe EA's servers are in FLA. So if you live far from Fla and /or a major city, you will have more hops to make.
    Not much we can do about that.

2) Not using all of your recruiting time and not setting ready to advance.(this seems to be a common denominator among people with this issue)

A lot of people have reported that if they do not use all their recruiting time and dont set ready to advance they get simmed games. With that people have reported that if they do all their tasks and set ready to advance manually they sometimes get simmed games.

What i get from all that is, If you dont use all of your recruit time or do all your tasks you must set ready to advance for the server to acknowledge you did anything else. If you did all your tasks, setting ready to advance could tell the server in some cases to ignore what you did and sim your game and recruiting.

This also includes offseason recruiting. You must set ready if you don't use all your minutes.(this actually makes a lot of sense because their have been times when it seemed like my recruiting did not do what i wanted in the offseason some weeks. most have said from the boards i saw posting on this, if you follow these rules you dont see that glitch. which also explains why it happens to some and not others.

BLUF-use all your recruiting time. If you dont, set ready to advance. If you do all your tasks dont set ready to advance manually. Dont save the dynasty before you play your game. After you play should be OK but not before.
    This should solve the issue

2. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I just want to point out the point of smace's post. The following procedure MUST be followed, it's very simple.

Use all your recruiting time. If you dont, set ready to advance. If you do all your tasks dont set ready to advance manually. Dont save the dynasty before you play your game. After you play should be OK but not before.
    This should solve the issue

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

So if it's okay to save the dynasty file after playing........?????

would it be smart for me to save the dynasty file before I advance us each week?

4. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Yes very.
    but only to make sure we have a file for that week. when you save the dynasty you only see / save your game. everyone else will still have to redo.

5. Iron Mickey

I mean. When I log in to advance us and I know everyones ready....

I save the file...which then will have everyones game in (including mine)

So if it were to screw up upon advancing, I have a fresh copy file with everyones game's already complete.

6. smace767

smace767 Walk On

No, it will only have your game in the save file. That was the point of me talking about i cant mess up Michigan's file. They are not connected. On you PS3 you can not see or save what other users did in the main dynasty screen and schedule screen or stats screen until after you advance. A save file, no matter when you save it, only deals with your team.

The dynasty HQ screen is a menu directly linked to the server. its different.

7. Iron Mickey

I see...okay. Well I will save the file everytime prior to an advance. But lets just hope it doesnt happen again in the 1st place...lol