Sim Nation Check-In

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Nov 10, 2011.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I've missed you guys! ;-) How's everyone feelin'?

carolinaeasy, how you feelin' about your boys at Penn State?

The Dude, what's up with the campaign?

John Crow, what the hell happened vs. LSU?

jca312, how's your shitty JV team doing?

Haha, it'd be cool to hear a little from everyone.

2. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

We won, and won big. I got to play a pretty big role in the final weeks, and I got a bunch of recommendations out of it. Now I have to do a bit of the "wait and see" thin to see who wants to pick me up next. Had a great time, though. Really smart people fighting the good fight are just fun to be around.

My Irish suck, though. Maybe next year.

• Like Like x 1
  3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I'm reserving judgement on Joe simply because all the facts aren't out there and we don't know what all was said. I do know the media isn't covering this well, the average american thinks Joe was the molestor. That is a shame. I also get angry when they said he didn't call the police because that urea false he called the police commishioner Schulz who is now indicted for his part in a cover up.

4. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Shitty JV team is playing for a league title tonight. Varsity is playing for a 1st Round bye in the playoffs tonight.
    I'm heading out of town tonight after our games, I'll be back on Sunday night, so if we advance I won't be able to play before then.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bdub

bdub Walk On

Just read that Sandusky was recruiting for Penn State as recently as a few months ago. If that is true Penn State is done for. As far as Paterno, when your put on a pedestal as high as he was when you fall its a long way down. And when you hold yourself to a higher moral standard everyone else is going to as well.

6. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Read the public record. I've been a huge JoePa guy for years, but the grand jury testimony is shocking. I'll wait for the stories to be told in full, but it sure looks like a tough case to make for anyone who knew and did nothing. Wish I could say different, but it's looking pretty bad so far. Doesn't look like anyone was unsure of what they saw, or what was going on. Not much room for forgiveness so far.

7. bdub

bdub Walk On

I read it to, its so bad its like seeing some horrific image. Couldn't get it out of my head for awhile.

8. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I'm here... It's getting cold as fuck in the Czech Republic. Miss the Tennessee weather so far, my wife, dogs, house, etc, but all in all things are good over here.

The wife is coming here on Friday and we're going on a mini-Euro excursion... Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Plzen, Nuremburg, then back to Munich. I've been to all of the places already once before at least 12 years ago, but it'll be nice to go with the wife, even if it is much colder than when I went before.

There's been an offer for an expat assignment for me over here for 2 years. I may take it, but timing is a bit off. My wife is pregnant and is expecting in the May/June time frame... So there could be a Lil' Smooth soon :p. Anyhow, will see what she thinks about the area when she's here Friday, then I can list my demands for the company and see if they can give them up...

Otherwise, I'll be back to the US for good on 12/16.

Been a busy time for me, managing this over here and my plant back in TN. One way or another, my involvement/contributions should step up after New Year's for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Goose

Goose Walk On

Congrats Smooth. Kids are awesome. Hopefully the job works out in your favor also.

BigSmooth33

10. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Thanks, looking forward to it.