Sim-Nation Welcome Message

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, May 14, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I wanted to make sure all the picks were made before I posted this. Now that the draft is over, I can officially welcome you all to Sim-Nation.

First, let me say that I couldn't be happier with out picks. Here they are, for those who haven't seen them yet:

#1 - BigSmooth
    #8 - sdunlap
    #9 - soxandgators
    #13 - Brogowicz
    #14 - jca312 (foundation member)
    #16 - Cimmy24 (foundation member and Mr. Irrelevant in this year's draft.)

We'll be getting into the nature of next year's league in the coming days. I plan to fully include new members in the formation of the league, and to give their voice as much emphasis as any others. Sim-Nation is yours as much as it is anyone else's - so feel free to tell us what you want.

Now, it is possible that some of you may not have expected to be picked by us. If this is the case, and you would like me to look into a trade, please let me know by PM. My #1 goal is to put guys in good situations, and I have no problem with helping guys get where they want to be. That being said, I think we have a powerhouse lineup here, and I want it to stay just how it is.

All you really need to know about Sim-Nation is that we try to play the cleanest game out there. We're stat-junkies, and we want our league to look as much as possible like a real season. I look for a balance between difficult and realistic - guys need to drop games to the CPU at times, but I'm not looking for "hard-for-the-sake-of-hard" or anything crazy like that. If we're all going 6-6, that sucks, but if we're only beating each other, that sucks also. I shoot for something in between, but it takes 12 to make it happen. Sometimes, we have to put that money play away, even when we're down, for the good of the league.

What teams we pick, what sliders we use, what conferences we run in - we will have time to discuss all this. Feel free to stop in the "Next Year" thread and let us know what you want to do.

On behalf of all the Sim-Nation guys, let me say welcome one more time. We're glad to have you all, and we look forward to a great year.

Archie Griffin ("AG")
    Sim-Nation Commissioner

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Great job with the draft, Arch'. I'm excited about our present roster and can't wait to get started. To all the new guys, welcome aboard!

3. bdub

bdub Walk On

Welcome to the league guys. Next year should be awesome.

4. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Glad to be here....appreciate the add. Looking forward to a great pemiere league with the Sim Nation.

5. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Glad to be part of your league. Looking forward to competing with you guys. Should be fun.

6. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Feel free to show your appreciation by finally choosing an avatar. ;-)

7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

You can't escape me JCA ;)

Gonna be a blast, looking forward to playing some new guys and expanding my success. Let the trash talking begin!

8. jca312

jca312 Walk On

:) Should be fun Cimmy. I look forward to more close battles between us. Good luck man.

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Let's try and keep them close now would ya? ;)

10. jca312

jca312 Walk On

They were always close

11. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

congrats guys

12. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Happy to be here!