Sim question

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by bcduggan, Nov 21, 2009.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Sim question

I'm trying to be a better sim player on offense. So I have a question. Is it sim to send a player, usually a WR in motion whether it's partial motion or full motion on some running plays. These are not green motion plays I am asking about.

If the answer is yes, can someone give me a general percentage of how often?

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yes, as often as you want.

It can take up extra time, which could get annoying, but it is not cheese by any means.

3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

It's perfectly acceptable to do that for running plays. It's my understanding that it's very not acceptable on passing plays to use partial motion (especially ending with the receiver in the box) as it completely screws the defensive AI. There's no problem with using full motion on passing or running plays.

4. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

agreed....

5. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Yeah, I think that if a guy is putting a WR in motion every play just to get the read as far as if it is man or zone, that is bush league. Once in a while is OK, but like everything else, don't abuse it.

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I used to do that for every pass play until a guy in BfR said it wasn't sim. I don't do it every run play. If I did it every running play it's a tell of what I am doing.

Thanks for all the opinions.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

yes.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

lol, not if you do it on passing plays too.

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

problem with running a partial from an offensive standpoint on a pass is the WR doesn't go into the route right away, he usually blocks first. That could be a positive for the offense though too I guess.