Sim question...

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by maverickfp, Apr 2, 2012.

1. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

Is it ok to go hurry up for a period of 3-5 plays after a good gain to try to continue the pace and the success? as long as the opponent has a few seconds to adjust? or does it have to be all or nothing?

i ask b/c i played a dude in Blowup and he kinda did this and it seemed to give his team a burst for a few plays. i didn't think it was unsim to do it say every other drive for a few plays at a time.

thoughts?

2. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

My thoughts I don't see it as unsim at all. As long as they are allowing you a chance to adjust I see no issue with it.

3. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Are they running the same play over and over?

Hopefully EA implements a no huddle offense and not just this hurry up crap.

4. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

no, different play.

5. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Screwthebcs

I run this style of hurry up against the CPU but I don't think it is unsim unless you are spamming the same play over and over. I have only ran hurry up against users near halftime or when im down with not a lot of timeouts left at the end of games.

6. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

well i play clutch next user game so we'll see if he thinks what my plan is is ok. :)

7. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

Not sure what PA's stance is on this. I can see both arguments. I personally don't have a huge problem with it if it only happens a few times a game.

8. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

ya surprised pa hasn't responded here yet.

to clarify, it can be at any time in the game, any situation, if you get a good gain running or passing...to hurry up, get set, and run another run or pass. i'd stay in the same personnel set as well...like normal I to I twins. run or pass a couple times then huddle back up.

9. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I'm going to implement my new strategy: conservative game plan and runs up the middle. :p

• Like Like x 1
  10. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Sorry. Saw this post today at work and wanted to quote the site rules. Like it says in our league description, we abide by the site rules unless otherwise stated.

O.3.0 - Hurry Up Offense: All teams are allowed to run the "hurry up" offense in both two minute drill situations. Any team losing in the 4th quarter is permitted to hurry up as often as they like. When using the hurry up offense, please allow your opponent to set their defense before snapping the ball. Purposely trying to cause offsides penalties or taking advantage of defensive AI is not allowed.

O.3.A - The above rules do not apply to teams who use the "No Huddle" offense feature in the game. However, it should be noted that fast tempo offenses do not rush to the line and snap it. You must allow the opponents defense to come set. Also, it is unrealistic to rush to the line of scrimmage after incomplete passes or when a player runs out of bounds (or any other clock stoppage).

11. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

ummm ok. i don' rly understand the difference b/w hurry up and no huddle... you no huddle,...to hurry up.

i'm talking about getting a gain, no huddling to the line, waiting a few seconds for the D and snapping again. so is that "hurry up" or "no huddle"? heh. i guess what i'm talking about is the "no huddle" part. so i'm pretty sure what i do is ok.

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I run the Air Raid in the Deuce and I'll play whole games (users included) no huddle.

13. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

ok, cool.

14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Of course, I let the defense call plays and setup, AND my opponents know it might happen before hand.

15. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

right right.

16. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Heres the way I like to see it work Screw. If a guy runs no huddle/hurry they should either do it the entire game, or either when behind late in a game or in 2 minute situations. The example you mentioned while an interesting tactic isnt something I would do, but IMO its not that big of a deal.

17. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

roger that.