SIM WEEKS 9 & 10

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoodlum10, Jan 11, 2010.

1. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

SIM WEEKS 9 & 10

G-Unit and I have decided to try and get this back up and running since it looks like we may have quite the wait otherwise...invites have been sent out, get on and SIM your week 9 stuff asap. Be sure to erase any files you may have related to this OD from your hardrive. Hopefully we can knock out week 9 early enough tonight to also be able to get thru with week 10 and be back on track with week 11. If not let's definitely be back on track sometime tomorrow...and let's all pray for clean advances lol

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

**Bump** Get it done

3. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Alright. I don't know how these advances will go considering they get jacked up every other time we advance but I guess it's worth a try. I'll take care of it tonight.

4. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

week 9 ready.going forward i say we try something new or at least a bit different. i used all my recruit time, but i set ready to advance anyways. normally when i used all recruit time i wasn't required to so going forward im going to do that. just a minor difference but who knows.

5. Iron Mickey

Were trying to move on in the mean time. Hack's got his EA connection looking at our file/situation.

6. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I will advance us to week 10 tonight after JFunk gets on to sim his week 9. We'll have to sim week 10 but if all goes well we will be on week 11.

Some of you have voiced concern or disapproval of doing this, but I don't see the harm in trying to get back on track. Obviously we are dependent on what Hack's EA contact can do, but trying to keep moving in the meantime couldn't hurt. We've already had to sim what we're doing now so it's not like we're messing with the stats. Another faulty advance would not set us back any further, and even if EA fixes our problem we'd have to sim back to where we were anyways. So why wait to do that?

That's why we're doing what we're doing.

7. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

can we at least have 1 guy who saves every week so we dont completely have to do things over next time.

8. Iron Mickey

hood is saving each advance

9. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I save each advance. I believe G-Unit was in possession of the file when we were last in week 9 and he forgot to save, that's why we are re doing week again. I could be mistaken though. Don't worry about saving the files, it's taken care of.

10. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Hood, when you advance... you are deleting the save file for the dynasty off your hard drive before you do so right?

11. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

I'll do it in a sec, I'm in the 4th quarter of a NC Game.

12. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Done. And I lost the National Title game :(

13. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Each time we start over I delete the file before getting us going again...I don't delete it each week when I advance, just save over. Once I know all the games our in I enter the OD and save when the save prompt comes up before going to the HQ, then I advance us.

14. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Jam, sorry about the defeat.

I am trying to advance us but Noknee's damn Irish team keeps winning the SIM against me. If I ever get the win we will advance

15. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

CLEAN ADVANCE!!:D

SIM your week 10 asap, hopefully we can be at week 11 sometime wednesday!

16. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

Holy crap we got a smooth advance in. Alright I'll be simming week 10 shortly. ::fingers crossed::

17. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

I remember i used to delete the file before each advance and it worked flawlessly. Just a thought if it happens again. hopefully it doesn't.

18. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Hood, need you to set Trude to autopilot when you get a chance

19. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Shadow, I will start deleting the file like you suggested from now on...hopefully that can be the fix we needed.

Drunken, I will set him to auto next time I go on. Sorry for forgetting to do that in the 1st place. Remember, your sim score should somewhat resemble the original outcome, the final differential in points should be within 10 of what it was when actually played.

20. shadowofanubis66

shadowofanubis66 Walk On

Yeah the safe bet was once everyone had the game in, i'd go to my game files and delete the OD save, log back in to the dynasty(not saving the file), advance, and repeat the process when it was time to advance again.

21. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

well I can't do that...we need a file saved in case it gets messed up again. One I know we are ready to advance I'll delete the file from my harddrive, go to the OD and save, then advance to the next week.

22. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Do you have a flash stick(datatraveler) you could save the file to that when everyone is done, then delete the file from your hard drive before you advance. Kind of a pain in the ass, but if something screws up you will still have the up to date file.

23. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I do not...but I am hopeful it'll keep working since it worked last night...only time will tell I guess. And by the way, there hasn't been any word from EA the last few days, hopefully we will hear from them soon.

24. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

let me just say this to make sure its out there and i understand. the way i see it is this...

1) hood logs into dynasty and says no to save.
    2) hood advances the dynasty.
    3) advance is successful.
    4) hood backs out of college football.
    5) hood deletes previous saved file off of hard drive.
    6) hood logs back in and says no to save.
    7) once in dynasty hood saves the file at the beginning of every week before any games or recruiting.(basically 2 minutes after the deletion of file from hard drive)

*to me this seems do-able although i dont know if it will work or not.

25. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

*i DO have an external hard drive that i havent taken out of the box yet. if you guys would like i could be the designated file save guy. hood just call me so we can go over exacts if u want me to do this.