Simmed game results...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CHUNKNESS, Jul 4, 2010.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Simmed game results...

Are injuries taken into account when simming game results? Do you supersim the results so that injuries do not occur? Or do you put it in the fate of the CPU to decide? The reason I ask is that when you allow the CPU to decide the game, 9 times out of 10 a serious injury will occur for one or both teams. Last week both the Bills and the Broncos lost starters with their simmed game result - the Bills losing their starting QB for the rest of the season. I'm fine either way, but just wanted to make sure that the staff was aware and that I understood the league's parameters regarding simmed results and injuries. Thx in advance.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I did notice alot of injuries on simmed games but even when I super-sim a game I was in it happened alot too. Dont know how we could change this other than limit Simmed games.

3. CHUNKNESS

When you supersim games, if an injury occurs, quit the game and restart and the injuries will be void. That way you start fresh until you get a simmed result w/out injuries. Just make sure to quit the game before the end of the 4th quarter or the result is final. Sim through the third quarter and then take control in the 4th allowing the CPU to make the calls and run the plays, but then you can make sure that no injuries occur in the final minutes of play when the game is in hand.

4. pittrocks43

pittrocks43 TMFL Steelers

Guys you can take injuries off right before you start to sim games for the week. Guys that are on the IR don't play & there are no injuries during that weeks game. Just make sure that you switch injuries back on before you open the new week. Guys that were on IR will continue to be on IR for whatever amount of weeks the game had before.

5. CHUNKNESS

That doesn't work Eddie. If you turn injuries off in the middle of a week, it doesn't apply until you advance to the next week. Same goes for any other changes you make to the online franchise such as quarter length, trading, etc.

6. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

How do you even super sim?

7. CHUNKNESS

You have to play the game against a CPU opponent. As soon as you get to the initial play calling screen, pause the game and go to the coaching options. It will be the first option for you to choose from. Once in the supersim screen you can sim by possession change, quarter, or complete game (never select that option if you need to control the injuries and/or result). Always make sure to the medical center for any injuries prior to simming a game so that you know who should or should not be injured. From there it's hit or miss until you get the correct result AND no injuries. Sometimes you get it on the first try. Other times it takes a few or even 10. Either way, it really takes the guesswork out of it and it give owners the opportunity to continue with their season still intact w/out losing any key player(s) as a result of a sim.

8. CHUNKNESS

I posted this previously in the results area as well, but it may have been overlooked...

9. natedawg212000

I've gotta be honest Chunk, I don't know if I will ever do this. If a game's gotta be simmed, then its just a straight up sim, which includes my own personal games. I'd be more than willing to give you a board member spot if you wanna volunteer lol. Actually I am half serious, I may bring someone on board to do this, but I know I am not.

10. pittrocks43

pittrocks43 TMFL Steelers

It does work D. I did it during week 16 in PMFL. You just have to make sure that you select to save the the new setting.

The ex. I can use use is with the Rams in PMFL. S.Jackson was basically out for the year. When I change the setting it looked like he was cleared to play week 16. What happens is no one gets hurt during the week but the guys that are injured aren't allowed to play. After I simmed week 16 & changed the setting to injuries on again, I noticed that Jackson was still injured but no 1 in any of the games that I simmed were hurt. I did this again during week 17 & it worked again.

11. CHUNKNESS

Right. Straight up sims should be just that. However, you have to take into account that any time you do a CPU sim, there almost always is a serious injury to a player (which was why I brought the Bills' season ending injury to Trent Edwards following the simmed result to your attn). If you are OK with that, then it is what it is and I and the rest of the league will live by that - no problem. Also, there are instances when guys have connection issues and are only able to piece together games due to disconnects (i.e. played two halves separately or played three quarters and then were able to get one more quarter in and added the scores). In those instances you want to be able to manually sim the correct result for the team that won. When you sim those results, I would think that you wouldn't want injuries to apply, but that is not for me to decide. If you need someone to manually sim the correct results I would have no problem doing this for you, but that means the individual with commish control of the online franchise would need to remove and re-invite both owners of the game(s) involved so that I could join as the losing team and sim the result accordingly.

That's interesting. I did it as well, but it didn't seem to work for me Perhaps I didn't save the settings appropriately. That's cool if it works!

12. natedawg212000

chunk, what we do in games that guys can't play a whole game is listed out in our rules. Whoever wins, finishes the game vs the cpu or plays the cpu. I really don't have the time on the ps3 to sit in front of it for a long time trying to sim no injuries and the right winner. I am all for finding a owner who would do that, but no one has stepped up to the plate.

13. CHUNKNESS

I am aware of what is in the rules. By no means am I suggesting that you should change them. However, I have already seen two instances where owners did not finish the game online because the team that won according to the rules was down big in their continuation of the game and didn't think they'd pull a comeback against the CPU. I guess what I'm suggesting that in those instances or instances that are straight CPU sims you implement simulating the correct result and/or ensure no injuries as well. I have offered my assistance if you want the option to be able implement "controlled" simulations. Otherwise, keep it as is no worries and it was just an observation on my part.