Simming ahead......(recruiting)

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by MRamirez, Feb 27, 2009.

1. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

Simming ahead......(recruiting)

I have been reading the forums and players have been simming ahead to see what happens with players during recruiting..... I see no difference in this than what USC was doing.....

Fosh and I set it up so we can scrim.... but I can say with out any hesitation I have not looked at the recruiting once...

I think this gives an unfair advantage maybe that is why teams are signing all these players....

I think we should do away with that practice all together.

If we agree to keep things the same let me know so I can start doing it too.

2. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i stoped and haven't saved another OD since......

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

fair enough.........i doesnt help me sign players at all.

You dont need to go into recruiting to see if you signed a guy.....it pops up on your screen.

The only reason I am signing guys all of a sudden was because a birdie told me HOW to do recruiting........I was doing it wrong for like 4 years.............

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I was doing it wrong too jms haha...I think simming along doesn't even give accurate results neither...sometimes I lost a recruit and sometimes I got one. Either way it was pretty even but I'd be down to eliminate this.

5. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I did simulate a week ahead (after visits) in years past, but after realizing how absolutely useless it is, I haven't done it this year. I mean it is 100% useless, I ENCOURAGE my enemies to use this, that's how useless it is. I never saw it as cheating, as I would always simulate a week ahead after I'd done my recruiting and there was no way to change anything I did. So it wasn't to formulate strategy or anything like that, just trying to see if guys were likely to sign. But again, it was so rare that the two would turn out the same that I am not inclined to do it.

6. jfosh

jfosh Super

I tend to agree that simming ahead is not going to give you accurate results. The computer can't replicate what the User is going to do recruiting wise with his/hers(elise) calls or positioning on the board. The only advantage would be to sneek a peek at the pitches. And we know no one is doing that.