Simply Burfict - Arizona State Wins In Black Out

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Outspoknpoet, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Outspoknpoet

Outspoknpoet Shock and Awesome

Arizona State Wins Behind Burfict's Big Plays
    [​IMG]

While the Sun Devils still have a lot of work to do on defense as a team. Vontaze Burfict made his presence known as he recorded 5 Solo Tackles, 1 Interception and many big hits that began to scare anyone from coming over the middle.​

The biggest surprise of the day was on offense. The Sun Devils were stomped by TCU last week. But you would never know that if you had seen their performance today. ASU would not be denied on the ground or in the air.​

As the first half was coming to an end and Arizona State was on their own 30 yard line, Coach Poet decided - "What the hell?... why not?" and called a hail mary. Unfortunately for Missouri, they decided to blitz half of their DBs on that play. and went into halftime trailing 38-14.​

With the game in hand at halftime, ASU came out wanting to pound the ball and run the clock. Deantre Lewis pounded the ball for a 69 yard TD on his first touch of the second half... so much for running the clock out.​

Missouri took advantage of ASU's 2nd team defense as they ran for 110 yards in the second half. But the victory went to ASU -​

55 - 31.​

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Nice rebound there poet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. -4-

-4- Walk On

Wow, Lots of points.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Outspoknpoet

Outspoknpoet Shock and Awesome

Mizzou gave me a good game for about 4 minutes. Their spread cracked under my QB Spy and occasional zone blitz. Eventually I just dominated them.

Glad they scored 31 though. Otherwise it would have looked kinda ugly to a lot more people than just me...