Sims finishes all-time great, Rutgers wins 4th straight title

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Mogriffjr, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Having a quiet game, Sims was really a backstory to the stellar defense and a consistent offense which led to Rutgers winning their 4th straight title and Sims ending his stellar career with just 1 loss, a close loss against Purdue 3 seasons ago.

"It's been amazing ride, I can't believe we actually did it," said Sims who went 14/19, 201yds and a TD en route to a 31-21 victory in the Orange Bowl BCS Title game. "This has been the best team I've ever played with.

Sims made big time throws on the game but his cast was out in full force. When Sims left the game with an injury, backup Wilson threw a 17 yard pass and scored off an option play. Starting RB Lonnie Lloyd ran two to paydirt and had 85 yards on the game. All of his top WR's played key roles from Burch, Jones, Spencer, and Ferguson.

The defense closed out the game when it was sure that Wisconsin had to pass. Without their dynamic QB in the game being lost to injury, Rutgers pinned their ears back and ended the game 7 sacks, 3 of which came from SR-RE Lee Franklin. Rutgers dominated the LOS with 8 tackles behind the LOS and picked off Wisconsin QB's twice on the game.

While Wisconsin won the yardage battle, 381-323, it was costly turnovers by Wisconsin that hurt them and not being able to convert on key downs. Rutgers's SS Justin Atkins picked off a pass in the endzone which could have ended in poitns for Wisconsin. Later in the 4th quarter, Wisconsin couldn't convert on a 4th down while down 10. Also, the Badgers missed a long FG which could have added to their total.

This run of dominance will surely end soon but right now, Rutgers once again stands alone, #1 in the polls.

2. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

Damn congrats man........impressive run you're on

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Congrats on winning 4 in a row man... SMH..... It's not a small thing.... I know when I was winning a lot one downside was nobody saying anything like good job... lol... But comes with the territory of dominating.

I hate you! lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

congrats Mo...your QB just simply made some great throws. 2 bad ints by Fields was of no help to me. This was exactly what I didn't want to do. I had a great run with Major on the option play but you simply shut my offense down for the most part. I will be changing playbooks. You seem to know who to cover on almost every play.

4 in a row will never happen again....it will be the mission statement of the Tradition dynasty to make sure Rutgers plays in the Taco Bell Bowl this year!

GG.....sir grif

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yeah loved Sims, and I really dropped the ball with my QB situation...went from stud to a very questionable batch of QB's in the fold now...smh.