Since this appears to be an issue with two users...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MorsDraconis, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Since this appears to be an issue with two users...

This is my new offense:

I make use of these formations:

Maryland-I
    Wishbone
    Shotgun-Gator Heavy
    Shotgun-Split Offset
    Shotgun-Slot F Wing

I call a play in the Gator Heavy set and then, based on what my opponent is doing, I audible to a different formation and then either run a play from it or change it up again.

The reason I go with the Gator Heavy set is because of one of the formation subs that brings in both my HBs. Since my team is pretty shitty in the rushing QB, dominate receiving WR, pass blocking category, and I struggle against compact defenses, I decided to go with this offense because of the compact formations that allow me to take advantage of different gaps.

In my opinion, it's no different than using formation audibles to change from 2 WR, 2 TE, 1 HB to 4 WR, 1 HB or anything like that. Or, like what some teams will do where they change the formation by moving several players at once.

Those two users think it's cheese since I'm calling the same 5 formations the whole game.

What does everyone else think since that's the whole reason for this?

2. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

If you need a demonstration of it so you can determine how you feel about it, then just let me know and I'll be on and show you it.

I'm home from around 6pm to 9pm each weekday and weekends are pretty much any time once you let me know in advance.

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I dont know...

I know with audibles and formation audibles you have a few options as to what you are going to run, but it doesnt sound like you are mixing up your play calling. It seems like you see what the defense is running then switch to a play you know will have a good chance to exploit whatever defense they show.

I know some teams move players around and do a lot of motion(s) and shifts, but almost all of those offenses still line up in a formation and run the play that was called sometimes. My point being that Ive never seen a team that audibles every play.
    It doesnt sound very realistic, but I havent seen it yet so I dont really know.

4. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Audibling every single play = straight chedda

5. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

People run the spread 4 wide almost every play and hot route based on zone vs. man to exploit coverage. There are like 2 or 3 different ways to tell if someone is in zone or man. That's the same principle as what Mors is doing and that's not considered cheese...I'm not saying I agree with what he's doing, just saying.

6. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

If you audible every play based on defense i think it is cheese - if you do it here and there sporadically throughout the game, then it seems less likely to be cheese.

Just really depends on what the situation is - Every play i disagree with but a few times a drive doesnt seem like an issue

There is a deference in changing formations and audible routes... big difference in my opinion but im just one man.

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

lol at Wishbone and Shotgun formation intermingling as your base formations... and you audible back at forth at the line with these two? I would not have that in my league.

Mix it up and display a true representation of College football.. not this "Gouda" strategy your imploying.

8. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    It's not cheese using the same 5 formations. Calling aubibles that often between those formations doesn't sound sim to me. I don't think any team does anything close to that in real life. Maybe once in a while but it sounds like you do it pretty frequently.

9. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

So basically you keep audibling at the line till you get a mismatch? It sounds like you are manipulating personnel man, I mean if you think about it, what other reason is there to call a play knowing your going to audible out of it other than manipulate your personel or the personnel your opponent sends out there.

10. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Come up with a new inivative offense to combat the fact that if I do what I normally do, everyone is going to just "Play the Pass" the whole time - CHECK

Beat two people that beat me last season with solid SIM play by adapting to the bullshit defenses that they use - CHECK

Get accused of cheesy play and therefore have to get rid of the scheme that you spent HOURS working on - CHECK

Gotta love this fuckin place.

11. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I'm not nearly as offended by your offense as I am about your attitude.

The whole reason this is an issue is because of the WAY you are arguing. The more the explanation comes about the WHY you are using this offense, the more I am inclined to agree with you. Then you throw out posts like the one above me...

12. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

You asked for every1 thoughts on this so no need to get upset.

13. jkhaalis991

Honestly in TTII,I haven't played any who audibles. If they do, they do it so rarely I don't even notice. If your doing it every play, how is that sim?

14. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Hey now. Mors you did ask for our opinions. I have been called out for cheese and I know no one likes it. I was offended also. I stated my case saw what my opponent meant and racked it up as water under the bridge. I like that you came up with game plans to beat your opponents and I get the "play the pass" crap I just found out how to use it and used it against Jman a couple of times but I do not like it. I just think that for sim football you cannot keep audibleing out of a couple of sets and think this is kosher. My 2 cents anyway...

15. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I dont think anyone is trying to be a jerk. You just asked what everyone thought and they gave you their opinion.

I dont think anyone is going to stop anyone every time just by "playing the pass" the whole game. If someone does that, then hit them with a run out of a passing formation or run on a passing down. Keep them honest by mixing it up.

Ive always felt there were basically two schools of thought on offense...
    Either run to set up up the pass. or pass to set up the run.
    -I mean, look at Texas Tech, who passes almost every down... last year they ran the ball more than they ever had under Leach and look how good they did. Running when the defense is playing the pass and passing when the defense is playing the run has always been the best way to move the ball.

16. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I only did this because Murk DEMANDED that I did because he's made a huge deal about it.

Personally, I could care less what you think of my offense. It works and I know it works. I spent several hours developing it.

17. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

that's what you don't get.. where not about innovation in a video game, where about simulating what you see on Saturday's.

This is the end of the conversation Mors... cut the shit or just leave.

18. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Whoa, dissapear for a while and hell breaks loose.

My opinion...

1st, as far as only 5 formations, no biggie, I really only run 4 but its the option so audible are not needed most of the time...only when you want to blitz my ass.

2nd, the audible on every down...In real life teams do run "chek with me's" but not every down and they don't completely change formations every time, that kinda sheddarish to me...but thats just me.

You know I don't ever pick a fight with you Mors, we've always been cool, just stating my opinion on the evidence I've read, but, complaints from two users isn't good. Maybe sometime we can play and I can see for myself...but, I have no problems being brutally honest in my opinions.

19. jkhaalis991

If you can't take peoples opinions, then why ask for them lol? You might not care what I think of your offense, but you have to play a certain way when you play here or you can kick rocks. Your choice.

20. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Oh well, whatever. Back to throwing the ball every down and losing because all everyone is going to do is "Play the Pass" every time (which, btw, is DEFINITELY not SIM).

21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

this man understands... and i respect him for it. He might not ALWAYS agree with me... but he believes in the philosophy and sometimes that means modifying your game a bit and just going with the flow.

22. jkhaalis991

opening old wounds ryno lol. fucking cowboys!!!!

23. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Ya'll need to take a look at the sliders then. If you played the pass in TTII, teams like Texas A&M, Georgia, Georgia Tech and Nebraska would ram it down your throat.

In fact, it's almost the opposite. You have to play the run and then hope you can catch them in a passing situation and defend it well. Look at our scores and first season stats, pretty reasonable.

24. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

As it is in Coast2Coast, I believe using those at all isn't SIM.

Making your defensive line superhuman and able to break through an offensive line immediately certainly isn't my idea of SIM just like completely ignoring the run yet while being in man coverage yet still being able to react to the run like you knew exactly what the play being called is certainly isn't realistic in my eyes.

25. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

we'll just ban play the pass...i could care less, that's not a big deal.

I love how you think you created an "offense". You sound like you are some football guru, and you spent countless hours in the lab developing, testing, and tweaking your wild experiment that has turned into your frankenstein of an offense. lmao.

Get over yourself. I didnt make a big deal about, you did. When another member comes to me about it, and I know what he is talking about..it is my job to say something to you about it.

Your inability to understand that MAYBE there is an issue with your "offense" because it's NOT EVEN AN OFFENSE...is costing you a spot in my dynasty. Although you probably "don't care", I don't feel like putting up with your shit anymore. I know you are in other dynasties, so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.