Situation needs to be resolved before we advance

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Situation needs to be resolved before we advance

I know we have some people snowed in wanting to play but first there's an issue we need to take care of.

Everybody was there and the traditional offseason stud was up for grabs. Merih noted how Clemson jumped everybody and not only jumped everybody on Malone but jumped them EASILY then signed him in the first week when the rest of us didn't even have a visit. Well here is how he did it. Here is Clemson's board after week 1.

[​IMG]

Now.... at the time I defended Clemson by saying well o.k. he was 8th but we were all very close in terms of interest. I really just thought you were just very good at this dude... lol

I'm not ready to defend anymore. All these guys I've lost to you over the years (every single guy we've EVER battled for in fact except my TE who you admit you just screwed up on by pissing him off).... I'm pretty sure I know why I lost out now.

Fosh/Ryno determined this would be the best way... See if you cop to it. Or will you deny... Enquiring minds want to know. If I'm the commish this would go another much shorter route.

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

WOW. And that's after "I just made a 45 minute quick call"? Nah.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Speaks as to why I lost every battle to him as well.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Wow. The game tells you wether the guy likes the pitch or not, +14, +16, +18. If he doesnt you stop the hard sell immediately and move to the next. I always start with Coach P and move down skipping Playing Time and hitting Campus Lifestyle instead.

Now as you go through week 1 you keep the guy from ever getting a red face. Just keep bouncing around the ones he likes and wait for them to unlock. This was the only guy I was recruiting and I knew everyone else was going to going hard at the guy. I pushed through around 3.5 to 4 hours with the kid and and was able to use the hard pitch and sell pitch to unlock. I was surprised how well it worked as well, since it works all the time.

I've got to admit I am pretty disappointed on how this was handle, what you are accusing me of is a very serious thing. I am not happy at all and more than blown away. I guess if I was to quit user games we could lock and delete this thread.

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I hear you on what your saying about the +14 but I guess what many will see is that it's odd you so happened to get all high's, very highs and most. Even by doing what u said (and I do try to avoid getting the +2's), you'll always run into a quick opened pitch, with low, average, etc. The fact you got all highs, very highs etc, and so finding all the pitches you needed smells fishy sort to say.

6. Blaza

Then why did you keep saying all you did was 45 minute quick call?

7. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I get that you stop the calls if it doesn't look promising, i think we all do that from time to time. It could be a random coincidence, and that's why i suggested it be posted to see what you say about it. It didn't look good from an investigative standpoint.

We've had instances prior to this where this very thing was abused in this league, so guys are EXTREMELY wary of it... and maybe quick to accuse. It doesn't look good, but knowing you like i do, it's hard to believe you would do something like that.. and i would prefer to believe that NOBODY would do something like that intentionally, but that's not been the reality of our dynasty in the past.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Coleman I wouldn't accuse you if I wasn't 100% sure. I use the same method you describe. In fact I write down the bad pitches so I don't hit them again.

But each time you hit a least to average (or maybe even 'above average') pitch it greatly reduces the number of pitches that you can successfully discuss with the recruit during the phone call.

so what you're wanting me to believe is that you started at the top, hard sold every pitch, got a few lows in the process but managed to open up his 6 best pitches by the end of the call? That's absolutely ridiculous. Anybody who has played this game in depth knows that.

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    This.

I mean it's weird how u convienatly (SP) skipped a few pitches which you had A's on while hitting all of his high's, very high's. Like Ryno said, we've been through this before, shit ain't pretty and we don't like that tomfoolery.

And then like Helli said, those reduce your call. Even one of those averages, brings the recruits mood down to where he's not smiling and maybe he's just smirking.

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I use that method also..

You cant make that kind of jump and open that many pitches in one week unless you hit on every single one of them right off the bat. If you start at the top and work your way down you would usually only try your A or A+ rated pitches, and you cant get a +2 on a few of them and then open up six high, very high or most pitches..the guy would get way too pissed before you ever got there in one week. Chances are you pop at least one average or low pitch too.

I dont know, I like you Cole and have / had a hard time believing you would do this...

The thing that really bothers me most is that I spend literally hours stacking my board, researching players and then making decisions on who to chase hard and who to give up on.

This sort of thing really deflates the entire purpose of the game and takes the fun out of it for me.

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I dont start at the top, why would I even look at academic prestige when recruits never have it as their most. I start with coach p because it is most often liked pitch, then I work down. I hit the jackpot. I would be suspicious myself if I was you guys, but bottom line is I don't cheat.

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I agree 100% with you Bruce, I too spend tons of time adding and dropping guys from my board. I dont play this game because I like getting my ass kicked every other game. I've been pretty proud of my recruiting throughout this dynasty but it seems that its always me getting lucky or now me cheating. Maybe I'm just good and lucky.

Either way just because of this one topic I always be considered a fuckin cheater.

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I meant at the top of wherever you wanted to start. "the top" for me is also coach prestige, I almost always ignore the top 3 unless they're the only ones left. I get that.

Even ignoring those there are 11 other pitches. You opened the 6 high to most perfectly in one call. How you're even defending this makes me almost speechless.

14. BRUCE80

I guess the bottom line for me boils down to this.

We had one week Cole. You opened up all these pitches in one week, then were able to hard sell them to get that kind of interest up where you didnt just jump one team but five I think? That said you got a couple +2's here and there jumped out and he not only didnt hang up on you he bumped you to the top of his list over several other really good teams that were also pouring time into him.

It essance thats like hitting the lottery and in two years of playing online dynasty I can say I have never even came close to what you did here....ever.

15. Blaza

It does seem fishy man. If you hit a few wrong pitches before unlocking them as you say, how could you still have enough time left to hit 6 different pitches enough to blow pass every other user? Plus you said you only did a 45 minute quick call over and over during the offseason.

16. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yep... same exact method, I too start with what I consider the "premium" pitches for good players. Four to Five star players prefer these pitches IMO so this is where I start. I use the same method. And honest to god I've never opened more than 2 (MAYBE 3) High to Most pitches in one week. Through the entire length of the dynasty with the same method.

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I mean consider this... ok.... Even if somebody using this method opened up three great pitches right off the bat that were getting them points on the best player in the offseason class...

Would they then continue to try and open up other pitches?

NO! You'd thank Zeuss or whomever you pray to and keep hitting those pitches, because you know that if you then hit a low or an average or something it would greatly decrease the call length. You'd never, ever continue to try and open up pitches on a player of this caliber. ever.

18. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

yeah i have done 3 a few times....but it is hard and i end up having to hang up as bu that time he is medium tempered....i don't know what to rule here.....sigh.

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

LOL whut? Fosh and Ryno prolly... lol

Yeah I was hoping there wouldn't have to be a ruling just a quick resolution to something this obvious...

20. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I think Helli hit on something. Whenever I've gotten a stud player interested in me, and I get lucky enough to go 2 for 2 or 3 for 3 in opening up A+/A pitches...I stop pitching and just hard sell. Odds are you're not getting many more mosts or greats, so why bother still pitching stuff if you already have 2 or 3 open. Spend as much time as you can selling those and then hang up while he still has the kool aid smile on.

Not trying to pile on late Cole...but that does seem a little strange. Why open up 6 pitches when you went 3 for 3. Why risk getting a low or least with a player this good?

21. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Exactly.... Now in subsequent weeks I wanna open up more pitches to get the +18's instead of +14's but during that week there's noooo way you would ever keep pressing your "luck."

22. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    now all the recruiting tips come out...and this is why I've been getting lackluster classes or whiffing on some of the dynasties biggest names!

23. BRUCE80

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VIJYfvN9954&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VIJYfvN9954&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

We haven't told you everything I'm sure... lol.

But I could learn some things from you stealing guys from me left and right lately :(

25. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Lol I learned I should spend 2 hours on guys I want instead of an hour like I was doing! :)