Skip Holtz

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Lee.Flex, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Skip Holtz

Skip has taken ECU from a Division -1AA team, to a C-USA champ for the second straight year, finishing the season at 9-4.

Shouldn't his name be on a hot list for coaching jobs in bigger conferences around the NCAA? You always hear a lot about possible big name coaches moving on..... but what this guy has done at ECU in his short time is remarkable.

Seeing that his father Lou was possibly one of the best coaches in ND history, why has ND not tried to bridge the connection? Lou still has ties with ND and as said several times by sportscasters, if he gets involved in anyway with ND he will be able to bring in the big time recruits they have been losing for the last decade to schools like OSU, Penn St, Flordia, Ect...

Skip could run the show and Lou could be an adviser. It seems like it would be a match made in heaven for ND.

What do you all think?

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I dunno about all the father-son stuff would go but Skip is a very good coach and will be moving up sometime in the near future.. I would say he goes up a step and then ND after that if it were to happen

3. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I was talking the same thing with my brother earlier. I have heard names like Tommy Tubberville and Brian Billick thrown around in the past week and Skip Holtz would be a 1000x better choice than those scrubs.
    Sign Brian Kelly, please!!!

4. CapnCrunch

CapnCrunch Walk On

Skip really is a class act as well as a great coach and recruiter. I was at the C-USA championship yesterday and after we won he was like I want all the fans to come on down and the whole stadium rushed the field and got to meet him and the players. Pretty cool.